It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing! Letters of the alphabet on butterfly wings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Its like ancient text messaging....

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Nice find, Wifibrains!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I want to be the guy that asks this.....

No one finds this coincidence a little wild? I mean.... what are the odds that something naturally occuring would depict the alphabet as much as these butterflies does?
Makes you wonder...

I want to be the guy to answer this. I say Big Woop. Sure it's interesting But you can find any symbol letter or number from any language in butterfly wings or other places in nature if you look long enough. There are so many animals incests and other things out there in the world with patterns the odds of them not having something you would recognize is astronomical.
edit on 3-4-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maarten
Just last month I pooped out 6 different letters of the alphabet...

oh gosh. One of my absolutely weird memories of childhood is my Mom calling me in to the bathroom, saying "I made you something." It was an "S".

I was not impressed.
My given name is Star.
A star would have been impressive.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Great find op.
Nice set of pictures.
When I was a kid, we would have small tree frogs climb the outside of our windows at night to catch mosquitos and moths. On several occasions we noticed some of them, the frogs, would have a 1 and some times a 2 on the underside of their bodies. I was told my sister saw one with a 3.
These markings were as plain as if someone had used a "sharpie" to make them. We even caught a few of them for closer examination. The marks were natural.
If any one could explain this I would like to hear it.

Until then I plan to save the pics I have found here for my grand kids to see.
Again op, thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Pretty cool stuff right there! I wonder if they can read and write too?

Great find, F&S for the OP!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I want to be the guy that asks this.....

No one finds this coincidence a little wild? I mean.... what are the odds that something naturally occuring would depict the alphabet as much as these butterflies does?
Makes you wonder...

Even if the alphabet was invented by some scientist type person back in the day, how on earth would he have been able to observe all the different butterflies in their different areas on Earth?

I don't believe it's coincidental at all I think we are too busy to notice the beauty in our world.
Completely blind to what's going on around us myself included.

Our world is awe inspiring if we take the time to notice.
Makes me want to go take a long hike!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

I think it would be nice to actually make a poster of these letters to teach kids the alphabet and first few numbers with. It would at least look nice hung up in a class room.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Hah!

Even if they can't read and write, I'm sure they can do so much more than we give them credit for!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance

Hah!

Even if they can't read and write, I'm sure they can do so much more than we give them credit for!

I couldn't agree more! IMO, The process of metamorphosis alone is enough to make them some of the most amazing creatures on earth.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I have seen this poster before, my sister used to have it!

I haven't seen it in several years, thanks for the reminder, it is really neat.
It always made me wonder if you would find other alphabets as well if you searched hard enough.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Geat Idea.
Would have been better if I had thought of it.

At that, I am going to save them to an image program, enlarge them to @12 x 14, and print them to some poster boards.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Amazing!

I really love this...sums up my thoughts too about nature photography.

One of my favorite pictures I have a close up of a blade of grass. A lot of people don't get it...but to me, this photographers tag line about looking close to appreciate the beauty nails it. Everything in its perfection is a masterpiece, and we are all more connected than we could ever guess!!

Thanks op for sharing!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I knew they has amazing designs but this is just awesome.

I wonder if this picture is selectively taken from a whole picture, meaning for example, U, V, X, P, G, 4, are they exactly like that or is it cut-out of the original picture. "out of context" per se.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
there is so much beauty out there all this bad # we keep hearing makes people forget how wonderful our planet is

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

It really opens the eyes to see nature like this!! And BTW you avatar scares the # out of me!!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

How do I know these are butterfly wings? Since they are not connected to anything and don't look like wings?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Very good post thanks for this!
2nd

Gs

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more! IMO, The process of metamorphosis alone is enough to make them some of the most amazing creatures on earth.

I agree completely. My favorite little creatures that I am constantly amazed by are honey bees. I guess bees in general really, mud daubers are some of my favorites, too. Nature is just incredible.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

How do I know these are butterfly wings? Since they are not connected to anything and don't look like wings?

I guess that is a valid question. I honestly don't have a great response. I guess it's possible that the photographer lied about it, but if he did it's a lie 24 years in the making.

I didn't question it. To me, they look like patterns I've seen before on wings of moths and butterflies, I simply didn't put them together or realize that one could find the alphabet in them. To me, nature is pretty spectacular and I can't imagine what kind of agenda a photographer would be trying to push in lying about something like this. Maybe that's gullible of me, though

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join