It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lego To Stop Production Of ‘Star Wars’ Set Due To Anti-Muslim Backlash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is getting ridiculous,
Who cares what they think?
If I recall correctly, Jabba's palace had the feel of an Arabic mansion in the movie from the very beginning.
Where was this Righteous Indignation some 30 years or so ago?
Lego should be telling these boneheads to pi$$ off.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For all those investors out there, buy one of these lego sets, put it away unopened and in about 30 years it will be worth much more than you paid.

Just my 2 cents on this

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I used to love legos until I had kids that didn't want to pick them up and I stepped on them with bare feet.

But, yes buy them up! You could make a small fortune because, if they are discontinued, they will be extremely collectible.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by abeverage

I used to love legos until I had kids that didn't want to pick them up and I stepped on them with bare feet.

But, yes buy them up! You could make a small fortune because, if they are discontinued, they will be extremely collectible.

Ah yes the dreaded night time LEGO foot finder...daryllyn you could punish them by sending them all to me!

And you cannot stop loving them? Can you?

LEGO always discontinues a "set" they often re-release it in one form or another, but this might make it more collectable but I doubt it.
edit on 2-4-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't get it... Star Wars takes place in an entirely different galaxy, far, far away. They probably don't even have Muslims there. Political Correctness is the downfall of our society.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What ever next then, the eskimo's moaning that Hoth resembles their homeland and a hofwampa is their mother in law

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I don't get it... Star Wars takes place in an entirely different galaxy, far, far away. They probably don't even have Muslims there. Political Correctness is the downfall of our society.

...and a long time ago....

So, if they are going to take this seriously, then the Muslims were copying the Hutts, and are depicting the Hutts as an intolerant religious sect.

Or, it could be just nothing (my personal favorite).

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
For all those investors out there, buy one of these lego sets, put it away unopened and in about 30 years it will be worth much more than you paid.

Just my 2 cents on this

Way ahead of you. Target is selling them online for $87.99. Great investment!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Maybe Mohammad looks like Jabba the Hut?

His persona would fit the Islamic ideal.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
'Muslim' is becoming a byword for retard.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Waaah, waaah, I don't like it, it must go from me!

Seriously?

There's a war memorial at a park here that has been there a long time and on it is a cross. Now, it has come to pass that this memorial is become a source of controversy because of that 'cross' for some have cried out saying 'Waaah! I don't like it! Its' 'cross' offends me!" the loathsome whinners who have such a boring life and inability to walk by find themselves oppressed by its presence, they feel the tyranny of religion upon them and want it removed and now there is a debate as to whether that should be so. I'm not a Christian and even I find that pathetic. The artist who made it lives still and has said, "I had no religious intention nor did I intend it to mean the exclusion of those who served our country who were not Christian."

What is it with people being offended by every little thing and being so think they must be catered to when no true offense is done?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join