It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lego To Stop Production Of ‘Star Wars’ Set Due To Anti-Muslim Backlash

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Here here generik well said and it just took a few lines to say it a little star for you for being smart

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Precisely. However as I mentioned the religious leaders feel that their religion is in danger (since its inception) as its goals were to always flourish. Obviously it becomes a political issue.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yep. I just searched for it and indeed they have something to nitpick about every single aspect of non-islamic societies.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

lol funny

What's that word they call us? Infadells not sure if that's spelt right :/

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Definitely face saving IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I get so tired of this country and the politically correct BS that is now rampant here.

The LEGO company is based in Denmark...nothing to do with the United States at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by hp1229

Or possibly not.......

Lego denies discontinuing Jabba's Palace over race claims

According to them, it was due to be fazed out by the end of this year anyway. Face saving or true? (applies to both sides of the argument!).

If anyone has kids that is into lego's, then you would know this isn't face saving.

Lego sets are rarely out for more than a year, most of the time less than that. They said they planned on stop selling them at the end of the year...and that is what they are doing. Wouldn't you think that if they agreed to stop selling them because of this "complaint" that it would be sooner than the end of the year???

I swear...people are complaining just to complain...you guys criticize the muslims about complaining...but maybe you should look in a mirror.

Look...you can even go right to the Lego website and buy this set.

shop.lego.com...

So how about everyone stop looking for reasons to be mad about something...that goes for the people offended by this lego set and those that are offended by the offense.
edit on 2-4-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I actually see it as a hedge in the collectors market as others have said.

Stir up enough controversy and the price goes up over the years. The key is to know when to cash out.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
From the OP: “This sort of thing does not belong in a child’s bedroom,” Melissa Gunes, spokeswoman for Austria’s Turkish Cultural Association, told The Independent. “The game is pedagogical dynamite. It depicts Muslims as terrorists.”

The game depicts Muslims as terrorists (almost blew coffee out of my nose). So Lego will stop making it.

Now... if we could only get Muslim fanatics stop BEING terrorists everyone would be happy..... no?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Because they know that in this era of PC'ness, it'll get 'em press.

I, too, manage to turn the channel, or not buy the magazine, or whatever; if there is something that I might find objectionable...

But when you can score points in a game of politics? Whatever works. ...and don't kid yourself, it's all politics when people protest anything like this. Muslim, or not...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I think you are rather confused to be honest.

I haven't stated anywhere that this offends me in any way, shape or form. Still, feel free to have a pop if you want.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
I'm away to buy some before its all gone as I can stick it on ebay some day and make a mint
Thats the true yankee spirit

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Unfortunately the government cannot openly proclaim or send a message to the masses as such
They'll become victims of MSM in that region of EU. The laws should be revised for immigrants migrating into any country about the rules & regulations and strictly enforce if found to be in violation. Where are those damned lawyers when you need them

edit on 2-4-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Infidels

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The Independent reports that several Muslim groups in Austria claimed “Jabba’s Palace” was anti-Muslim as it showed popular “Star Wars” character Jabba the Hut in a mosque-like lair with a hookah, guns and an imprisoned Chewbacca.

“This sort of thing does not belong in a child’s bedroom,” Melissa Gunes, spokeswoman for Austria’s Turkish Cultural Association, told The Independent. “The game is pedagogical dynamite. It depicts Muslims as terrorists.”

I can think of a phrase for this: "If the shoe fits..."
edit on 2-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Im tired of them taking over UK and Western Canada and flying Goddamn planes into America cities in the name of their God and blow-back, but they ain't banning that!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah this is as ridiculous as Christians getting upset over a Google Doodle on Easter, isn't it?

Why does anyone pay any attention to religious morons? Shouldn't these Muslim idiots be upset with George Lucas anyway?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Yeah this is as ridiculous as Christians getting upset over a Google Doodle on Easter, isn't it?

Why does anyone pay any attention to religious morons? Shouldn't these Muslim idiots be upset with George Lucas anyway?

Honestly, it's like Christian conservatives don't hear themselves whining about all the same politically correct BS as Muslims.

Next time you don't like something Google or Lego does, keep your mouth shut and speak with your wallet/browser. We're all tired of the whining and complaining about how you're offended. Cry us a river

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Here is what I do when I don't like something:

I just don't buy/watch/listen to it.

Very simple really. More people should try it.

People are way too easily offended anymore.

yeah but LEGO are cool! Cannot promote not buying them. And if people are insensitive maybe we should buy more?

End dang if I wasn't already going to to get that set...better not be astronomical now!
edit on 2-4-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The time and date of the Article may prove its undoing with it being 11.59am April the 1st = April fools day prank???

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join