It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Can't log into my Window's 7 user account.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It keep's saying user account or password not correct...even though I am 100% I am not making any error's ( no cap's lock or sticky key's either)
I have another user account on my lappy that my kid's use but it has no admin power's. Someone mentioned a password recovery disc but I know I haven't made one or even heard of one before.

How did this even happen? I've used the same password for quite a while and I haven't made any recent change's to my laptop? Most importantly is there anything at all I can do to fix this? I'm thinking the worst.....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Not sure if this will do it, but from what you said, it should....

source

I found this too! Hope it helps!

edit on 1-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sure the kids aint changed it?

Theres plenty of ways to bypass a forgotten password which normally involve burning a cd and letting it nuke the password so you can get back in with a blank password and then reset it to whatever you want

most viruses/malware won't lock you out as they want you to cough up some dough for a 'unlock' code etc and you can't do that if you can't log in

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Method 3 on the link above works very well and I have used it for a few people. It is very simple. There are a few other ways that I use that deal with a boot disk but the one listed should work for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
easy. you'll need 3 things.

1. A dvd

2. your password recovery tool of choice. mine is Ultimate Boot CD 5.1 (google and download the free .iso file)

3. A .iso burner tool. (can get for free on internet. Called: free iso burner)

You'll need to burn the .iso file as a disk image to the DVD. Once done, put the DVD in your computer, restart it. Push the F8, or whatever key for your system, to open the boot menu or BIOS while it is booting up and make sure to BOOT FROM THE DVD DRIVE and then follow Ultimate boot cd's instructions on how to clear passwords.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Sure the kids aint changed it?

I don't think the user account they use allow's them to make any admin change's .....but either way no one as used my laptop since I used it this morning and it let me in fine then.

Thank you for the reply's
I will get busy and see if I can manage to sort it with the info posted.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I sorted it using method 3 on the link, I am now back on my own user account

Thank you for your help

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This time make sure you create a password reset disk and this wont happen again.

new topics

top topics

join