It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever actually listened to Bob Dean?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The guy talks a lot with out actually having said a single thing. He pontificates like he thinks of himself as some kind of UFO pope. Nobody ever challenges a word he says. Are people really swallowing his tripe? Listen to the guy sometime, for one, he claims that he's been on a spaceship to another planet. He also speaks in incredibly vague and nonspecific terms and makes claims that he knows are completely unverifiable. He's some old UFO dude who is milking his minor celebrity in ufology before he shuffles off this mortal coil. He keeps saying that he's not long for this world and that he's "going home" when he dies. The way he says, "those guys" and the points to the sky, apparently referencing supposed extraterrestrials. It's the worst kind of schlock.

In his most recent incarnation, when he was resurrected by Kerry Cassidy, Bill Ryan and Project Scamelot, he said that he was on hiatus up until recently, meaning that he didn't do UFO lectures anymore, mainly because he was fed up because more people weren't bowing to him and hanging on his every word. Well, guess what? He was pulling that schtick way back in the early 1990s. In an earlier recording of a Bob Dean lecture he says that exact thing, that he's fed up with ufology because the world isn't ready for it. Bob Dean is going to be my UFO touchstone from now on. I've seen many people on youtube post that the guy is "brilliant" and a "hero". When I ask people what their opinion is of Bob Dean, If they say anything other than, "That guy is a complete fraud", I'm going to walk away and shake my head.

Thanks a lot Project Scamelot for unleashing all these UFO frauds into our midst. Ufology was on it's dying legs in the mid-2000 when Project Scamelot came around and Karry Cassidy and Bill Ryan have effectively killed it. Now it's all about super soldiers, and remote viewing spies and time travel and portal jump rooms. Project Camelot has turned an already laughable field into a complete lunatic asylum.

Bob Dean in 2011:

www.youtube.com...

Bob Dean from 1993:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-4-2013 by FlyingTeacup because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2013 by FlyingTeacup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Amen!! I have been thinking the same. Just that it not just Bob Dean....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Project Camelot is a classic case of what happens when people who really, really want to believe meet head on with crazies and con men.

Professional con men will always be around. In the past they have made a living from religion and spiritualism but because less people believe in those things for a variety of reasons they have to look for new ways to exploit the ever decreasing gaps in people knowledge. Because the gaps in our knowledge are where these people thrive. The UFO movement is a great place for them to settle right now.

They speak with authority on anything fuzzy and ambiguous, they encourage people to make huge leaps of faith so they can continue to sell them their made up versions of reality that are based on nothing solid or provable. They sell us their time and their thoughts in the way of an entertaining book , video or lecture so that we can cling onto the idea of visiting aliens or some great universal truth or energy that guides or links us to all things we consider precious or beautiful.

edit on 1-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Even though I haven't seen much of p camelot s stuff one has to wonder where all these super informed people they IntervIew come from. And since they seem to be trying to make a living out of finding and interviewing these insiders a conflict of interest seem to exist. That is are p Camelot interested in quality or quantity
?
edit on 1-4-2013 by Northisland because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well that's a super special opinion you have there. I have watched a few Bob Dean videos over the years. I admit that some of what he says is pretty shocking and difficult to believe, but that's the nature of the subject he speaks on. What evidence do you have that he's a fraud? Or is this more of a "rant" thread?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Very true, just for kicks I looked into how much Kerry Cassidy's UFO conference cost. It is $100 for a single day and the event runs three days.

Bob Dean also likes that fact that he's a "celebrity" and mentions it often in his public speaking. I kind of like Richard Dolan, even though I recognize that his woo woo meter is completely broken or that he just doesn't care and is just trying to sell books, but I'll bet you anything if I asked Dolan what he thought of Bob Dean, he would sing his praises. At least Dolan has actually put out some kind of real book on the subject even though he is now wandering closer and closer to New Age land.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Urantia, it's his job to supply the evidence, he is the one making the claims. But I'll go ahead and play. Honestly, do you think somebody who has been to another planet and met with aliens would be acting in any manner the way that Bob Dean acts, or for that matter the way that all contactees/abductees act? They are all so nonchalant. If it had truly happened don't you think you would be trying to PROVE it to some scientists. In essence if a human being had actually travelled to another planet that person would return to Earth and they would be the equivalent of a returning messiah, which is what Bob Dean tries to be. It's hookum UFO religion BS. What does Bob Dean do? Offers no proof and then scoffs at anybody who dares questions him as being a "debunker/nonbeliever/skeptic".

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

Yea I've seen project camelot, and thought it was pretty cool back then. Some of the things he talked about it seemed legit. However when I watched some of his other videos, I kinda lost interest. He was kinda heading in the "New Age" direction to me.

Funny thing is that youtube is free, so I never spent a dime.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So if a guys authors a book, he's a shill. If a guy doesn't author a book, he's ALSO a shill. I see how it works.

Dolan writes books on well-documented cases and does an excellent job. Dean is speaking from personal experience for the most part. Who can say if he's actually had the experiences he says he has had?

Id like to know if you all are calling the guy a fraud simply because you don't believe him? Because that's not very compelling.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Cant blame somebody for making money off something that isn't real, now?

Really people need to find better things to do with their money, like food.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

He has offered no evidence for his outrageous claims. Of course he is a fraud. No human being has ever been involved in interstellar travel. It's a big ego trip for him, he's the center of his own pathetic UFO religion and he expects others to just lap it up, because oh my, NOBODY ever lies in this world and we should just trust people and believe in them at face value because, what the heck, he's made no indication that he's a liar. That is how scam artists and deluded individuals operate. He's either delusional or he's delusional and making money off his delusions or he's an outright fraud and he doesn't even believe his own crap. In all of those scenarios he's a dangerous individual because he is bringing others into his little Potemkin UFO and intentional or not he is taking advantage of them.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Ok I get that you personally don't believe the guy, but that alone doesn't make him a fraud. I see that your declaration of "bs" is expected to be enough for us to go on. Its really not.

If you were taken to another planet via ufo, what evidence would you have?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I heard Robert Dean speak about 20 years ago...at the time I really didn't know what to think.

I think either the guy is authentic and there are many people spreading lies about him; or he may be the one that is not telling the truth; I still have not made up my mind on this.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I liked ole bobby at first, but his BS stock has risen in my book largely due to other researchers whose impeccable crentials...like (vice air marshall) which should have given access to verify Deans statements about"the assessment" NATO/UFO study came up blank.....
His stories now are seemingly repetitions of mainstream conjecture....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Perhaps Bob Dean is merely continuing his US Army work with that of Intelligence/Disinfo for either the same, or related employers. Great pay, just requires the ability to lie with a straight face.

The waters are so muddied, so why not throw one more charlatan into the mix. One with the ability to appear totally sincere while spouting off a whole lot of BS.
edit on 2-4-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I like Bob. Do I believe everything he says? Hardly.

If people want to believe that there are 'space brothers' out there then let em. These folk seek out people like Bob Dean and lap up everything he says, just as you point out. There is a demand for this stuff, a huge demand, and when there is a demand there are people who will step up and deliver.

As for Project Camelot? Well, if you like to watch people with big egos interviewing, interrupting and arguing with other people with big egos, whilst dealing with subject matter they are all extremely opinionated on, subject matter that most people wouldn't take seriously for a second, then Project C is a good waste of an hour or two of your time. Seriously, how anybody could listen to Kerry Cassidy conducting an interview is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingTeacup

He has offered no evidence for his outrageous claims. Of course he is a fraud. No human being has ever been involved in interstellar travel. It's a big ego trip for him, he's the center of his own pathetic UFO religion and he expects others to just lap it up, because oh my, NOBODY ever lies in this world and we should just trust people and believe in them at face value because, what the heck, he's made no indication that he's a liar. That is how scam artists and deluded individuals operate. He's either delusional or he's delusional and making money off his delusions or he's an outright fraud and he doesn't even believe his own crap. In all of those scenarios he's a dangerous individual because he is bringing others into his little Potemkin UFO and intentional or not he is taking advantage of them.

You know I'm not going to even try and defend Mr.Bob Dean. But let me assure you MANY people are taken off planet into space and into other dimensions. You can't prove it to anyone. Science folks wouldn't even take it serious just as you don't. You see? You know what and i don't mean this nasty or in a way to put you down as I find you to be an exceptional poster in most cases. But this is a perfect example of your bias coupled with complete and sheer ignorance.

If your trying to use project camelot or Bob dean as proof that ufology is completely false then I just take issue with it here and now and put a stop to your gross mistake with this post.

Let's use just someone like me and for what I say below I'm very serious.

Your welcome to submit me to any polygraph test you can line up in front of the entire world and I would take it as many times as you like. Your also welcome to come to my home and take radiation measurements. Your also welcome to look up my family tree found on sights like Ancestry.com that outline stories from the late 1800's before there was any TV shows about aliens or before TV was even around actually, where you would find record of my family line encountering beings and UFO since 1897! So did they make that up in 1897 too? What for to be on TV or the internet? Don't think so huh?

Sorry man but you don't know what your talking about if your trying to use Bob Dean as your proof aliens don't exist or contact humans on Earth. He's just one man. We have droves and droves of regular every day people that claim to be abducted. Doctors , Lawyers, police officers, military, housewifes etc etc..and ME! Your just showing your ignorance to those of us in the "know". Nothing more ...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I had a clearance like Dean's in the service, and I have a ufo related story from that time. After I left, and back out into the cilvillian world, (1990's) I was told things by certain ufo gatekeepers, (exact quote> "Drop it, or you'l end up in the A file" and (paraphrase, but close> "Look, there is a timeline for only certain chosen cases to be (teaspoon fed) out, and your case is a monkey wrench into the running machinery of that,"
And more recently in 2005, from someone who has cult leader status, "Look, I realize you had a lot of problems, but come on, all ready." (The narcissistic entitlement and callousness)

And I keep realizing, that I would have to do a full unambiguous disclosure of my deal in the forum here, (with pictures, cuz it did happen,) or die and be cremated with it, one day (hopefully ahundred years from now) And those are my 2 choices. Thats it. (Shakes head in devastated amazement)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Actually I do think that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. I just don't think that "aliens" are visiting these crackpots here on Earth and abducting them. The whole thing is ludicrous. As for your "overwhelming evidence" in the form of thousands of people who have claimed to been abducted. Well, about 80% of humanity believes in a sky wizard who looks down on them from another realm and dictates the gears of their lives. UFO abductees are nothing more than a new religion. Again, if these people TRULY had contact with alien beings it would be the most important scientific discovery of the ages. Yet, there is zero proof. ZERO. Sorry, wizardry, sorcery and magic aren't going to cut it when we are talking about such important potential events.

I actually think that ufology is important, the US government and certain academicians have studied the phenomenon. I was a skeptical believer at first but when you truly examine the history of the phenomenon you see that the psycho-social hypothesis is probably the answer to what has been going on. Personally I think it's that along with a Cold War psychological warfare campaign.

Carl Sagan was a ufologist but he didn't believe the contactees and their nonsense.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eedjee
I had a clearance like Dean's in the service, and I have a ufo related story from that time. After I left, and back out into the cilvillian world, (1990's) I was told things by certain ufo gatekeepers, (exact quote> "Drop it, or you'l end up in the A file" and (paraphrase, but close> "Look, there is a timeline for only certain chosen cases to be (teaspoon fed) out, and your case is a monkey wrench into the running machinery of that,"
And more recently in 2005, from someone who has cult leader status, "Look, I realize you had a lot of problems, but come on, all ready." (The narcissistic entitlement and callousness)

And I keep realizing, that I would have to do a full unambiguous disclosure of my deal in the forum here, (with pictures, cuz it did happen,) or die and be cremated with it, one day (hopefully ahundred years from now) And those are my 2 choices. Thats it. (Shakes head in devastated amazement)

So you are saying that you have documents to back up that story but you can't release them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join