It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day Z or War Z?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi does anyone have both of these games im finding it hard deciding which of the 2 to buy...they both look the same to me accept war z has easier weapons to find and its cheaper. I dont mind paying for day z but with the stand alone coming out this year i dont know if they will be shutting down the steam servers

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Day-Z Day-Z Day-Z Day-Z

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just wait for the stand alone version of day Z...the warZ is the worse game I ever bought.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Ok thanks, do you know what they will do the steam servers when it does come out? because if they stay up i might aswell just buy it now

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Don't know about the steam servers The stand alone version is being made as we speak and will not have anything to do with the other games.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Just wait for the stand alone version of day Z...the warZ is the worse game I ever bought.

got it free from a friend, played it once
last time i touched it

game is still in beta so its glitched

broke my leg while crouching and sitting in one place
and got butchered by so called friend who thought it would be less painful to see me suffer O_o
we didn't have any medical supplies to heal

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Stay Away from both

DAY Z runs on a outdated engine
with bad graphics
and to make matters worse
the game play mechanics blow

not to mention being a new player= rape by established players

don't get me wrong
have said it before
Great Concept for a Game
Terrible platform to put it on...

ARMA ii ...really

war z is absolute garbage

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've played DayZ from early on and a ton of the bugs are fixed now but it still has issues sometimes.

So when is the Legendary stand alone version coming out?

I have been hearing release dates for a long time now and it never shows.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
DayZ all the way.

WarZ is a cheap ripoff of DayZ with less than half the functionality, bad animation, horrible aiming, and its basically nothing but griefers. Its a quick money grab for people whom really enjoy DayZ and let excitement overrule research.
I got it, then got a refund the following day due to its complete crapness...which sucks considering I was looking forward to it (zombie fan).

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
War-Z is just a blatant rip-off of Day-Z, and it was sooooooo bad, that at one point, it was pulled OFF of Steam, until they got their act together. From what I've read about other games the War-Z guys made, they just love to make money making terrible rip-offs of good games.

So if you give them money, you're helping fund their terribleness.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
I've played DayZ from early on and a ton of the bugs are fixed now but it still has issues sometimes.

So when is the Legendary stand alone version coming out?

I have been hearing release dates for a long time now and it never shows.

Don't know..but its best to wait for a streamlined bug (mostly) free version to be released than push it.,,see your first sentence for the why on that question.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Necrobile
War-Z is just a blatant rip-off of Day-Z, and it was sooooooo bad, that at one point, it was pulled OFF of Steam, until they got their act together. From what I've read about other games the War-Z guys made, they just love to make money making terrible rip-offs of good games.

Lol but thats what people do with call of duty?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

Originally posted by Necrobile

Lol but thats what people do with call of duty?

Well, I never said they had good taste. lol

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
People need to remember that the DayZ standalone will be great because ARMA 2 is great. If ARMA 2 didn't exist, I'm guessing if the DayZ developers had tried to create a game from scratch it would have turned out as messy as The War Z. The DayZ standalone is still in the end basically just a modded ARMA 2. Comparing the two games is the wrong thing to do. Comparison should come only if both development teams had created a modded ARMA 2 or created their own game from scratch.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm not a big zombie fan, but I love dayZ, I play with a bunch of Veteran friends in the vfrag server (#1)
It's very intense, looking for gear and weapons while avoiding bandits and zombies
I see MAJOR POTENTIAL for an RPG with this game when the standalone comes out

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
War Z flopped did it not didn't they have to take it off steam for a while?

Aren't the devs selling ammo?

Day Z if you got the mettle.

edit: just read entire thread, yeah War Z is vaporware.
edit on 3-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

War Z metascore = 20

edit on 3-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join