It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, when the war began

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I awoke to nothing. Nothing will happen. Australia is too far removed to be a target of any invasion. The most probable nation to have the geographic capacity to do so is Indonesia, and our buffer, the US, prevents that.

This is something people on these forums don't understand when they spread their fear mongering. NORTH KOREA does not have a BLUE WATER NAVY. Meaning, they do not have force projection capabilities. Most states do not have blue water navy's. China for instance, is developing blue water capabilities but does not yet have them itself.

Russia does, but is restricted geographically, hence their desperation to prop up the Syrian regime. So people, before you worry about the invasion of Australia, look at the probability of success, given that you would ignore the fact that no state has a reason to invade Australia.

Yes we are resource rich, but we are also a advanced western democracy with US backing. The developed world won't accept the invasion of Australia. Moreover, it would be illegal, and therefore punishable. No one will ever get UN approval to invade Australia (we are not human rights abusers on the scale that is required for just war theory).

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm still here !! woot !!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Crap movie and if any Nth Koreans are reading this and preparing to invade, Start with Canberra. The co-ordinates are

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

G,day mate. ok. there is a lot i can add to your's and several of the other posts. the combined strength of what used to be called the australian regular army (green machine) raaf (riffraff) ran (pussers) is less than the operational sttrength of the indonesian special forces think you spell em kopassus, they were still in training at the old jtc jungle training centre at canungra when our lads flew into timor in the hercs. indo troops watched them land. indonesia had something like 27 battalions of para military police there at the time. but we were not luckly. a us marine meu had just finished an exercise in aussie. had their leave in darwin and embarked then parked of the east coast of timor.
note; ( a mate an army cook warned for timor 9 months prior to event.) the us sec of state paid a visit to the pres. of indonesia pior to our arrival. you understand what im saying. now.when we decided to replace our mirage. the raaf picked the f15 told bob hawkes govt and got shot down to expensive pick again hence the purchase of the f18. (the failed f17) they arrived here with an attack radar capable of tracking only two targets whilst the f14 could handle four. great plane the f18 haha. one reason only twin engined planes were considered. the high death rate of mirage pilots from flame out was not to happen again. raaf told to only consider twin engined aircraft. how do i know these things i was seconded to the raaf at the time and my sec clearence was higher than bloody rumour.
moving on, the bob and paul road show went to indonesia and promised the indo's that we were only buying the f18's for defence and would never use the f18's against the indo's. so yes we are scared of the largest muslim nation on earth. and by the way your mate's 15 foot haines hunter runabout can make the trip from aussie to indo
. now if you intend to stand on the beach and fight an invader mate. what the frig you goind to fight with. your cricket bat.
remember all the slr's, ar15's, gerands, m1a1's, ar10's, mini ruger 14's in 5.56 and 7.62, pus the civvie versions the galil/uzi and the swiss and itilian mil spec rifles are gone. spoken like a true civilian but i admire your guts bloke.
now, when little dep. sheriff john was our fearless leader he signed and agreement with the indo's. that if either govt ever felt threatened they could call on and receive military help from the other. (think about the wording in my last sentence). so. i think it would be somewhat prudent to learn about the diff weapons indo troops carry. ak's, m16's, aussie styr's (kmart special) and singapores rifle think it is called a sa80.
now in 76 or was it 77 i dont remember which a aussie/ indo infantry exercise was setup to be conducted here in aussie. 3RAR (old faithfull) was to play with them one of the companies pulled a bit of a jackup (we will not train them or with them as we will have to fight them sometime in the next 10 years.) so, another company went and played with the (roofing nails) yeah that's what they look like with a m1 helmet on. the 3RAR blokes God bless em ran the indo's into the ground most goin down with heat stroke and they also received a lesson. the bloody hard way. in aussie infantry tactics. thus endeth the lesson
edit on 30-3-2013 by pronto because: missing letters in words. .ar.

edit on 30-3-2013 by pronto because: paragraphs help sorry people

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nobody is going to invade Australia.......My country would never allow it.....end of debate.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

G,day mate. ron paul struck ME as a very straight up and down (honest) sort of bloke. but never say never.
ww1 CALLED the war to end all war's. heck every war we are told is the war to end end all wars. yet still they go on.. each generation goes out to defeat the new foe in the belief and yes hope that the next generation wont have to go climb the hill of waste and destruction. but the bloody hill is still there. the hill has many names. greed, control/power, population down sizing and profit. yep there are prob more but these will do for starters as an officer i once new stated. the more you sweat in peace the less you bleed in war. so remember you prepare for war not to war. or, as i once read. pray for peace but dont be surprised when the shtf.
edit on 30-3-2013 by pronto because: left out a word

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Dont count on the u.s to save you ... it has a history of selling out "friends" and playing both sides ... they send marines to oz ... but they also send advisors .. equipment and funds to indonesia ...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

G,day mate. you got that in one. well said. gather the indo;s get equip. as either mil. aid or reduced price whilst good old aussie pays full price. whilst i remember the much praised m1 tanks we got. we purchased half of the amount of leopards we had and we are last on the worldwide list for spare parts so most of the time approx 3 to 5 m1 tanks are fully operational. not only that. they base them in darwin. the tropics (wet) and their wading ability is no better than a hummer. our blokes put a leopard under water for 3 days. the blokes must have stunk but they drove the brute out of the water no probs.
prob off subject. but hope this tit bit of non public info is accepted
edit on 30-3-2013 by pronto because: wrong word

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Dont count on the u.s to save you ... it has a history of selling out "friends" and playing both sides ... they send marines to oz ... but they also send advisors .. equipment and funds to indonesia ...

There are several countries that count on the U.S. to save them...as you put it........some of them for political purposes but some of them because the people of the U.S. would have a fit if it didn't. Britain and Australia are among the untouchables. Too many anglophiles in the States. We love the Beatles and Foster Lager and the Vegemite Sandwich...even though we don't know what the hell that is.

Frankly, Britain, Canada, Australia, and even Japan don't even have to spend a dollar on having a military because the U.S. has their back.......like it or not......it is the fact.

I'm not implying that the U.S. government is going to treat another country any better than they treat us....and as you know, many of us are not thrilled with the way our government treats us.....I'm just saying we the people are very fond of those countries and would feel personally threatened if they were threatened....but I only speak for those of us that have been around more than a couple of decades.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pronto

G,day mate. ron paul struck ME as a very straight up and down (honest) sort of bloke. but never say never.
ww1 CALLED the war to end all war's. heck every war we are told is the war to end end all wars. yet still they go on.. each generation goes out to defeat the new foe in the belief and yes hope that the next generation wont have to go climb the hill of waste and destruction. but the bloody hill is still there. the hill has many names. greed, control/power, population down sizing and profit. yep there are prob more but these will do for starters as an officer i once new stated. the more you sweat in peace the less you bleed in war. so remember you prepare for war not to war. or, as i once read. pray for peace but dont be surprised when the shtf.
edit on 30-3-2013 by pronto because: left out a word

Obviously I am a huge Ron Paul fan......but he might not be the guy you would want in office if you wanted to be protected from outside threats. I do want all of our troops and bases around the world to just leave and come home and let the rest of the world that hates us figure out things for themselves....just like I want the end of federal taxes here.....make people take care of people on their own or turn into a third world nightmare.....give people the freedom to allow Darwinism to flourish....but that is just me being selfish and tired of rtards having more and more rtard kids....but since I am stuck in a time where the collective intelligence is barely above monkeys, I have to tolerate the system we are in.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Show em "Wolf-Creek" and tell em every second Aussie is like that and they may think twice....LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

G,day mate. you make a good point re countries that the US public wont let the govt allow to fall. i can add to that with a bit of info. after aussie helped with the manhatten project (mark oliphant) then the Brits with their nuc. programmes. prime minister Menzies told both that we wanted and if need be would develop our own nucs. for the defence of the Australian continent. menzies defence review after ww2 determined that aussie needed a standing army of no less than 57,000 troops and some (lets melt the sun glasses into the backs of their heads) nuc. bombs.
both flipped their collective lids.
we ended up with a promise from both. if you do not develop a nuc. defence programme we promise to defend you. here is where it gets strange.
lucus heights sydney nuc research facility. it takes approx 12 years from start-up to reach the point where you can produce weapons grade material. this is observed by the long steady increase in background radiation coming from the facility, monitored and recorded somewhere on the public record. they apparently fullfilled the above. how do i know this. a retired boffin from the facility told me. now whether he was calling (come in spinner) having me on or fairdinkum i am not certain. but it is a friggin good story.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
I can't say that I've ever even heard of it. Though I will definitely be taking a look here in just a few moments. Thank you for the viewing suggestion, and I do hope we can get there first, if not everything will become a s***storm. I had no idea that you guys would have to deal with Indonesia as well. Here's hoping for the best, and if that doesn't come then I do wish you good luck from the states.

Though I do hope to whatever might be floating in the aether that things stop escalating.

quoted my post because this is a semi continuation. I just watched the movie last night. and all I have to say is wow, I thought most of Australia was arid outback or beautiful beaches. I was ignorant to the fact that y'all hava amazing forests. =3. It was an intense movie as well. And to think that this could happen to anyone at any given day... It's sickening. We need to stop being warlike and just go with a live and let live policy. Alas as human beings we are destructive and warlike by nature. I do stand by my earlier comment about hoping everything stays all well and good over there and no hard feelings about y'all not wanting our money xD. I don't want it either. I hope this finds you guys well and I will be seeing y'all around

Truth

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So what is it ? Do I believe that tomorrow, Australia will be invaded ? Well no, not unless you count the US Marines that shall pour into millitary bases across the top of the country and that won't exactly be tomorrow either. So what ? what is the coincidence ? Well you are all aware of the North Korean declaration made today right ?

Haha Seriously you re far too late Australia has been invaded for the last 40 years its called multicult and ultra high immigration of those with questionable loyalties being far too high. Australia has already been invaded by a fifth column. btw i thought that movie was very naive in its pathetic innocence seemed to paint Australia as something it isnt which is some harmonious village style community in rural Australia this is hardly the reality for most of us.
So i assume it was targeted for foreign consumption as many locals simply wouldnt buy into its naivety(only if in you live in the bush maybe) I am of cause speaking as person that was born & raised and spent most of my time in suburban sydney.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Too true couldnt be stated better kapases the whole lot all helped and trained by either ADF or the US special Ops.

Frankly, Britain, Canada, Australia, and even Japan don't even have to spend a dollar on having a military because the U.S. has their back.......like it or not......it is the fact.

Two words "PINE GAP" is the only US interest here, thus only assurance for Aus. Not really a good one especially if the enemy simply nukes it before it can even be useful to the US in a state of warfare. Everything else about being anglo is pure crap.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Hey I'm a American if this actually happened to Australia the United States would come down on those gooks like stink on #. No way us Americans would tolerate an invasion of Australia. I can guarantee we would not only supply Australia with the resources they need but they would have the full active support of our entire breath of military resources including multiple carrier battle groups and probably the entire US Marine Corps. I can probably tell you that you would have a similar British and Canadian response. But Americans would never leave the ausies defenseless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join