It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird just happened lasted for couple minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I know we are prone to power surges here (usually happens in heat, it wasn't that hot today) but this was just a little odd at least to me, maybe its just my imagination, whatever, I checked the local news websites to see if anything had been reported but nothing.

Was sitting and watching tv just about fifteen minutes ago and this happened. The lights flicked out and there was a popping sound (I don't think it was a transformer unless they put trip wiring in them now) but it came back on real fast just strikes me as weird no storms or anything in the area. (Florida) anyone experience this momentary burp I wonder.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I've had the same thing happen. I live in a rural area...all it took was a drunk yahoo in a big old pick up truck, hitting a power pole about 5 miles away. Just a flicker, then light back on. Bit of a pop in the lines from the power surge.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That sounds logical, hadn't thought about that, thanks Des.
Sure does make you jump when that happens, at least it does me.
edit on 29-3-2013 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 29-3-2013 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
did it sound kind of like a shotgun blast? it may have been a fuse in one of the electrical boxes that city has (not sure what they are called), I've heard 2 of them blow, the first one all the lights in my house went out for a few hours, and the second time the lights flickered but that was it.

top topics

join