It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Little Hero!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by littled16

Pitbulls

Your little hero is what i keep reading about attacking kids and stuff.

www.torontosun.com...

I HATE that breed.
i would rather own a snake and not worry about a cat clawing me or a pitbull biting me.

You naming the dog after a serial killer on tv says alot.
Good luck with your pitbull.

edit on 29-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

I thought Dexter was a cute TV cartoon??

As long as you get a pup from a reputable breeder there should be no problems.
If you raise that pup full of love and socialize it properly, there should be ZERO problems. Key word SOCIALIZE!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It's all relative. I've been bitten by more snakes than I can count - and envenomated twice ( though to be fair, once was by a frog... yes, a frog
) but I have never been bitten by a pit bull or any other large dog.

I do have a facial scar from a chicapoo though ( half chihuahua - half poodle ).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It's all relative. I've been bitten by more snakes than I can count - and envenomated twice ( though to be fair, once was by a frog... yes, a frog
) but I have never been bitten by a pit bull or any other large dog.

I do have a facial scar from a chicapoo though ( half chihuahua - half poodle ).

LOL...a frog ? I didn't know they could bite...yikes.....or maybe you licked one....
JK....

Where do live to have been biten so many times? Were you trying to catch these snakes? Sorry I'm off topic...but you got me curious now......

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I used to work for an exotic animal supply company.

Oh, and frog didn't bite. He spit.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

LOL...your an interesting guy Heff.......and don't worry about the scar from the chicapoo....chicks dig scars..

edit on 29-3-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Aw, what a good little puppy.
I'm glad that he seems to have quite a shine for you and glad that he loves and cares for you even though he messed up your bath. That will come in handy too if your husband would have a seizure in the tub or something, the dog could very well save his life at some point down the line. I love how caring and sweet dogs can be. Whenever I come home on the weekends from school, I am always greeted by the two dogs we have and they're always ecstatic to see me and I can tell they've missed me because they usually stick close to me all weekend. That and the pup (just turned 1 ) always lies on my bed during the week like he thinks I should be there or something.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What a wonderful and heart warming story...I have been grumpy today and this information cheered me right up!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful experience! I know too well how animals care for the humans who care for them - even humans they don't know! When you described being in the bath - I can relate - as my cats will come in and talk to me when I am sitting in the bath. I actually watched Milly grow - from putting her front paws on the side and being barely able to look over to being big enough to stand up and reach into the bath.

However - back to you and your wonderful furry family - how much love must you be feeling?! This is why I give my undying respect and admiration to animal activists and rescuers - they know how b****y awesome animals are. You have shared an experience that serves to remind us all of our connection to animals.

Fabulous heart warming story - thank you thank you thank you (again) for sharing.

Much Peace...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

If you don't like pitbulls by all means stay away from them! I have been bitten by dogs many times in my life, and the dogs that attacked me have always been smaller breeds: several chihuahuas, a cocker spaniel, a Jack Russel mix and a poodle. Maybe we should do away with all of those breed.

Fantastic story...aren't animals amazing?!

I agree with the smaller dogs being more fiesty. [aggressive]
I don't know if it's because the owners think that they are too small to discipline or what but many have that " small dog syndrome"....[kinda like the 'short man' syndrome thingy....
]
Always barking & running at you.

Our friend has 2 chihuahuas & they would always run at our yellow lab, biting & yapping at him. Max, short for Maximus, never would do any thing, just try to run from them. [R.I.P. Max
]
They don't bark, they YAP!!

And back in the day when we used to stay in motels [back when they were cheap] they didn't have a problem with small dogs, only big dogs due to barking. We would tell them, it was the small sh@t dogs that do most of the barking, not the bigger ones. Of course, we got permission once they saw how trained ours was.

I guess from now on you'll make sure the door stays shut during bath time!!
I bet you thought WTH?

Sounds like you got a winner with him....

-------------------------

P.S. Can't wait till I get another lab........ birthday coming up in May, I sure have been hinting around for a puppy, so we'll see.....fingers crossed

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

LOL!!!
I can picture the whole event!
I love dogs, your puppy seems like such a doll, though I can only imagine your bathroom afterward.
! That is comforting to have a bath helper for your honey too. Loyalty from a dog who loves you is rarely matched by any other emotion from people ( except our babies) and they bring so much to a family.
Thank you for sharing, this is a much better representation of our friends than the horrible accidents that happen.

PS Happy Easter littled! Thanks so much for your kindness!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Happy Easter to you and the boys as well woodsmom!
Tell them granny sends them hugs and kisses!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Maybe you will get lucky and the Easter Bunny will bring you a chocolate lab instead of a chocolate bunny!
Happy Easter snarky!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thanks, I will do that.
It's just the 3 of us this weekend during the days, well 4 if you count the puppy dog
!
It's actually about time to start making a strawberry pie and decorating eggs, I am almost done with the coffee.
Enjoy your family, and your flowers!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
That is a really heartwarming wonderful story-thank you for sharing.Just goes to show that although Pit Bulls are a breed many people are wary of-it really is all in the way you raise them.I used to have a lot of bias against this breed,but in the last few years i have read so many stories of people who own them,and heard the other side of the coin-that they can be extremely loving and even gentle.Still,i would rather not have one around children,just in case,but for adults,it sounds like they can be wonderful companions.

I am a Great Dane-fanatic myself.When i go out at night to look at the stars,and my youngest Dane decides it's time for me to go inside-she tries to sheperd me inside-so funny.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I can understand why some people are very wary of pitbulls. They get a bad rap, and many times there have been dogs that have gone off the deep end.

I once had an extreme fear of rottweilers. Years ago I had a neighbor who had one, and she tried to attack me every time I walked out of my house. She even bit off my car door handle trying to get to me. One day I was ready for her: I mixed ammonia and water and put it in a water gun and had it in my hand when I opened the door. When she came at me I shot her right in her open, snarling mouth. I kind of felt bad as she ran away howling in pain, but this dog was bigger than me (and I was pregnant) and I was afraid for my life.

I didn't see the dog the rest of the day. The next morning I held the water gun in my hand as I opened the door to leave for work. There sat Candy. As I raised my water gun she whimpered at me, then with her paw rolled a tennis ball toward my feet. I leaned over and picked up the ball, my eyes never leaving her. I threw the ball and she bounded off after it- and from then on I had a new best friend for the rest of the time that I lived there. I have never been afraid of a rottweiler since.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join