It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experience that happened to me two weeks ago.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I went to sleep and the next thing I knew I was awake and learning something, I don't recall too many details about it at the time, but I remember it made perfect sense, I believe it was some form of thinking/logic that doesn't currently exist (I think it was an answer to P vs NP). I was learning it graphically but it's difficult to describe in detail. The next thing I knew I was wide awake in my bed and felt like I had just learned something incredible and had an experience.

At this point I would discount it as nothing more than a dream, but when I woke up I was laying on top of my covers, with my covers spread out across the bed as they would have been had I been under them. Also, I was laying on the wrong end of my bed. That is not how I went to sleep.

What I learned stuck with me for about half a day, now I don't remember much of it as I didn't think to write it down. So the question is, did I simply have a thought provoking dream mixed with sleep walking or was this an alien experience where they showed me something?
edit on 28-3-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan
I went to sleep and the next thing I knew I was awake and learning something, I don't recall too many details about it at the time, but I remember it made perfect sense, I believe it was some form of thinking/logic that doesn't currently exist. I was learning it graphically but it's difficult to describe. The next thing I knew I was wide awake in my bed and felt like I had just learned something incredible and had an experience.

At this point I would discount it as nothing more than a dream, but when I woke up I was laying on top of my covers, with my covers spread out across the bed as they would have been had I been under them. Also, I was laying on the wrong end of my bed. That is not how I went to sleep.

What I learned stuck with me for about half a day, now I don't remember much of it as I didn't think to write it down. So the question is, did I simply have a thought provoking dream mixed with sleep walking or was this an alien experience where they showed me something?

Or both?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I've had dreams like that in the last year. Or, dreams where it feels like I'm flipping through pages at a fast pace, looking for information. Don't go anywhere in them and always wake up proper in bed but significant other says that when I'm having the flipping through pages dreams, I'm convulsing so that one's kind of weird. Dream seizures? lol Not an epileptic though. Dreaming that you "get" something that is eluding you is pretty frustrating overall because the awareness that you had in the dream dissipates so fast. If you weren't in the same position as you were when you started, perhaps sleep walking or being extremely restless. I've gone to sleep on the right side of the bed and woken up horizontal before. I'm a joy to share a bed with.
But I hear you on that funky kind of dream, definitely. Never had those before until the last year.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I have had dreams where-in i was taught or instructed-you wake up+feel you've been taught things all the time while asleep-its a frustrating feeling,you Know somehow,but you can't remember one blessed snippet of it.Guess its a "you had to be there" type of feeling.I remember a specific dream where i was sitting at a table with a book in front of me,and a man who was instructing me earlier, came into the room,accompanied by a tall Biblical prophet-looking man,very tall,wearing robes,who was introduced to me as an Elder,he said the Elder's name,which of course i forgot by the time i woke,i have the idea the name started with a K,though.I started to make small talk,but although he was polite,he motioned towards the book in front of me,and indicated that i should get on with the studying.When i try to remember the pages,i remember it only as blank white,but like a thin white haze/fog was covering the pages,obscuring that which was written.Before that,the guy who brought in the Elder,and myself were in another part of whatever place it was.There was this thing,a biomechanical type of lifeform,like an appliance that was alive.It consisted of many black tentacles that were almost like vines,but some type of force flowed through it,closest to explain would be like a cord through which electricity flows,but it was a transforming type of force.I was being made to practise attaching one of these tentacles to the bodies of weird beings,who was then turned human,or at least to the appearance of humans,by this procedure.Fascinating dream that one.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

It is well known that the late mathematical genius from India, Srinivasa Ramanujam had several theorems & solutions to math problems come to him in his dream. Here is a link that says that his last theorem (which he dreamed of in his death bed) was proved 100 years later.

www.dailymail.co.uk... rs-died.html

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I've had those type of dreams too, but don't remember much about what I was taught when I wake up.

Maybe we are going to the place described in this thread when we sleep...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's been a few years now, but I had a similar experience. I say experience because it wasn't really a dream, I get woke up just prior to these experiences.

I saw before me with my eyes still closed, a cuneiform, or clay tablet inscribed with a form of writing which was completely alien to anything I have seen before, even not of a form even human. I felt as though I should know what was written, but then my awAreness accelerated and another tablet replaced this, and then another, becoming faster and faster.

In a matter of seconds I saw hundreds of these tablets and yet had no problem seeing or taking a picture of the entire content. As they flashed in my mind, I noticed the symbol forms evolved and changed. The last ones I saw in fact had recognizable shapes which are used today in modern writing. One part of my mind was aware of the speed in which this was shown, while another part was outside of time constraints. Even today, I would recognize this ancient writings if I saw it again.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
I have had dreams where-in i was taught or instructed-you wake up+feel you've been taught things all the time while asleep-its a frustrating feeling,you Know somehow,but you can't remember one blessed snippet of it.Guess its a "you had to be there" type of feeling.I remember a specific dream where i was sitting at a table with a book in front of me,and a man who was instructing me earlier, came into the room,accompanied by a tall Biblical prophet-looking man,very tall,wearing robes,who was introduced to me as an Elder,he said the Elder's name,which of course i forgot by the time i woke,i have the idea the name started with a K,though.I started to make small talk,but although he was polite,he motioned towards the book in front of me,and indicated that i should get on with the studying.When i try to remember the pages,i remember it only as blank white,but like a thin white haze/fog was covering the pages,obscuring that which was written.Before that,the guy who brought in the Elder,and myself were in another part of whatever place it was.There was this thing,a biomechanical type of lifeform,like an appliance that was alive.It consisted of many black tentacles that were almost like vines,but some type of force flowed through it,closest to explain would be like a cord through which electricity flows,but it was a transforming type of force.I was being made to practise attaching one of these tentacles to the bodies of weird beings,who was then turned human,or at least to the appearance of humans,by this procedure.Fascinating dream that one.

I very rarely have the ability to read in my dreams, usually I simply know what's on a surface I'm reading but I can't actually make out and remember the specific words. Infact it has only happened to me 3 times prior where I remember reading. One of those instances involved typical abduction experiences, and two were what I can only describe as psychic dreams. One of which came true recently (about a month ago) and wasn't related to anything important... it was just inputing specific computer commands in, at a certain place with specific people. The other one was quite disturbing and I hope doesn't come true, though I did post what I remember of it here before.

It is well known that the late mathematical genius from India, Srinivasa Ramanujam had several theorems & solutions to math problems come to him in his dream. Here is a link that says that his last theorem (which he dreamed of in his death bed) was proved 100 years later.

I'm a bit of a math enthusiast and have a degree in Computer Science which is why I recognized the problem as I have some knowledge of it but I hardly think I have some latent mathematical genius in my subconscious that's solving one of the biggest problems today. Maybe one day I'll see if hypnosis can tell me anything, if I can find a hypnotist, I live in a pretty rural area so people around here don't have those skills.

Something I didn't mention in the OP because I was mainly curious if I was reading too much into the situation is I'm pretty sure I've been abducted in the past, and have multiple instances of missing time where others documented I was missing yet I have no recollection of being gone so I lean towards it being that rather than a weird sleep walking experience. However, I have no proof.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I also have had many things happen that points to abduction,from my childhood to present day.Its extremely frustrating,that white haze that covered the pages of that book-i would love to have recall of that!

In a lucid dream once(i've had precious few of those,so it stands out) i was on a wooden harbour/jetty in the middle of a black ocean at night,and i felt that i should vomit,that it was necessary for some reason.So i positioned myself on allfours,like an animal,and when i felt the time was right,i started vomiting-think Jennifer's Body,but without the sharp needle-looking stuff-gallons and gallons of pitchblack fluid.In the middle of the vomiting,i noticed that there was a big open book underneath the seemingly endless load of black fluid that came streaming out of me-white pages ,and i could see there was writing on the pages,but the black liquid gushed out at such a rate,in such a powerful flow,that i could'nt make out What was written.Strange thing,after that dream i felt so much lighter,my LIFE felt lighter,like i really did get rid of an incredible amount of heaviness and things that were poisoning me mentally,emotionally and psychologically.
Once again,frustrating though,to not be able to see what was written on the pages of that book.Still all in all,that dream was Cleansing,almost like an exorcism,thats the way it felt.

edit on 30-3-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

So you had a nice dream and then forgot about it. That happens. Welcome to the wonders of humanity.

new topics

top topics

join