It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap News: The Gun Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Since we have a new search engine that I'm still adapting to, I'll have to toss out that fun little ATS disclaimer... Mods, if this has been posted before, my apologies! Move or trash as needed.

I remember a time, a few years back, when any new Rap news videos would get posted within minutes of them hitting the Youtube channel. Lately I haven't seen that happening so, out of boredom, I went to Youtube and searched to see if there were any new videos.

I found the following from a month ago:

To me this sums it all up perfectly. It shows every side of the argument in a pretty stark and blunt manner. The gun debate is a problematic issue that doesn't seem to have any rational end. It is a Pandora's box sort of thing - the genie already being out of the bottle so to speak.

People on all sides of the issue are highly passionate and entrenched in their views. That kind of mindset doesn't allow for advancement IMO. Sometimes we reach points, as a society, where the old ways have to die off so that progress can occur. Do guns fall into this category? I honestly cannot say. The argument that they protect us from tyranny seems invalid to me. I personally doubt that my own weapons are going to protect me from much of anything other than other citizens. Cops, the military, and the Government can simply overpower me, guns or no. That leaves me, at least as an individual, with the reality that all I am really able to say is "I'll die fighting if you trespass against me".

Is that enough? Is that something worthy and that matters? Depends upon circumstance I suppose.

Anyway, I do think that this video sums it all up fairly intelligently.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Is love a reason to live ?
Yep
Is love a reason to kill ?
Sometimes

Will the gun debate ever end ?

Yeah the same day we have peace in the middle east.

Cody

edit on 29/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

"I'll die fighting if you trespass against me". Is that enough? Is that something worthy and that matters?

Absof***inglutely

Cody

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The irony of that video is not lost on me, I think it is funny that the hippy dippy, peace love and light dude was the one screaming 2sd admendment and the uber macho mercenary character was the one saying "confiscate them all, it doesn't matter, you're owned anyways." Sad, funny and scary all at once. I know it is satire and is supposed to be funny, but I think for some people this is such a deeply rooted issue, there can be no laughing. It really comes down to a battle for the heart and soul of our nation and everyone seems to be caught in its crossfire. I guess that was the point at the end, huh?

top topics

join