It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of Westboro Baptist Church leader attacked on live TV by naked 500lb man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Gee, couldnt have happened to a nicer guy!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But the interview quickly descended into a farce when the naked man, who is understood to call himself Billy The Fridge, burst in on proceedings.

an obese naked man who sat on him and shouted 'who's your daddy now?' h

FF to about 1:30... Billy makes his entrance!

edit on 28-3-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Totally deserved.....

I am wondering if the interviewer hadn't rigged it to happen seeing how much he was laughing...

My wife is looking at me and wondering why i am laughing and crying at the same time...!

Make me start thinking about the scene when the two guys enters The Blue Oyster bar in Police academy but a lot tamer :

S+F

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 28-3-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2013 by Rodinus because: spelling pistake

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd be praying if I seen that coming at me..
edit on 28-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That is just as disturbing as the comments from Phelps himself.

A 500lb naked man attacking and sitting on this guy?
That's assault, and simply just not cool.

It certainly didn't change anything or open any minds.
If anything it closed them even tighter.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
HAH! I hear you guys! Laughing and praying. LOL! I like the " WHo's your daddy now?" thing he said!

I have an older family member over who is staying with us for a while and Im in here laughing my ass off.. he comes in, sees Billy, and says " That boy needs a damn bra!" ROFL!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

- Lee

I didnt see any "attacking" or sitting on...
More hysterics from media with silly wording. I doubt the naked guy cared about opening minds.. he was just interview bombing a raving bigot.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Oh my.

I would be crying, and praying, and probably trying my best not to breathe if I had that guy sitting on me..

Gross.

I won't be requiring my lunch now. Anyone want my salad?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Holy crap what made me go
more is the live crucifiction on TV this easter WTH?
Are these people chuffing insane? I know lets all watch a crucifiction...that will bring me closer to God.
When he said "your mock crucifiction " and he replied "It is real he is gay" WTF is wrong with these people.
Religion grrrrr

All of them I would show em what a real beating is like.
edit on 28-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Awesome!
Just awesome.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Oh my.

I would be crying, and praying, and probably trying my best not to breathe if I had that guy sitting on me..

Gross.

Lol no, but i have some spare curry if you would like some?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

- Lee

Although your comment is pertinent lee and i, personally totally respect your point of view, that Phelps chap has had something coming like this for a very very long time with all the hate mongering him and his family have done.

I think that he wont be making too much of a deal out of this for fear of something similar happening again and to be quite honest that mans mind has been welded shut from his very early years.

However, i also take my hat off to the large gentleman for not using physical violence which WOULD have backfired!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 28-3-2013 by Rodinus because: word left out

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I will have to pass on that, thanks though!

The man in video might take it off of your hands.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Oh my.

Gross.

Haha! You would probably disappear under that guy.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I didnt see any "attacking" or sitting on...
More hysterics from media with silly wording.

It wasn't the media wording I was talking about, it was the statement from witness in the article you linked to that said he was sat on. It wasn't in the video though, so I guess I should say 'allegedly assaulted/attacked'.

Rob Cutler, from Topeka, Kansas, where the church is based, said: 'I was amazed, first I see David run out of a motor home and the next thing I know he's been sat on by this giant naked man who is screaming "who's your daddy now Davey?"'

Look, I get that they were there to goof on the guy under the pretext of an honest interview about the upcoming 'crucifixion' stunt and debate his offensive homophobia, its just really is a waste of a good opportunity to maybe inject something new into the mind of David Phelps that could possibly open him up to understanding that his approach to what he believes to be a 'sin' is not the proper one.

Is there a point to this crucifixion at all, or as with this mock interview, are they again just trying to goof on some easily angered Christians just for more laughs?

I doubt the naked guy cared about opening minds..he was just interview bombing a raving bigot.

This seems staged to me. The whole interview was an obvious set up so the bombing was the main point.

I get that this guy is an offensive individual, I just don't get the point of attacking him for it.
This served to do nothing at all really other than get people laughing at Phelps.

He's still a raving bigot.
He just got sat on by an obese idiot.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Although your comment is pertinent lee and i, personally totally respect your point of view, that Phelps chap has had something coming like this for a very very long time with all the hate mongering him and his family have done.

I hear you. I really do.

I just feel it's not up to us to decide what sort of punishments these guys deserve, any more than it is for them to decide all gays are going to burn and America should be destroyed because of our relationship with the Gay community becoming more tolerant and inclusive.

I think that he wont be making too much of a deal out of this for fear of something similar happening again and to be quite honest that mans mind has been welded shut from his very early years.

Hey, you never know.

Some people live their lives indoctrinated with a dogma forced upon them since childhood, and that they believe is the sum total of everything that they are. They fiercely guard it for fear of losing their identity and refuse to do any sort of valid introspective because to challenge it would mean becoming a purposeless nonentity.

Yet there are plenty of people who have eventually challenged their entire core belief system and become something else entirely.

It's never too late to change, and it's a miracle we should never give up.

I say don't write off the Phelps family just yet.
Allow them the opportunity and give them the respect they deny you.
Mocking or attacking them only validates the points they have in their mind about their 'enemies of God'.

Kindest respects

Likewise.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Only if it is a tossed one...hahah... sorry I could not resist.

I had salad myself but with chicken and it was tasty.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Your opinion is still respected and point taken

But, it was still funny to watch after a hard days work...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 28-3-2013 by Rodinus because: phrase added

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

I wonder what made the guy think.. 'Hey, I have a great idea! I am going to get naked and sit on this guy! Its going to be great. You should film it!'

The size factor is bad enough, but, to do it whilst naked takes it to a whole new level of.. wrong.

If that happened to me, I would have to see a psychologist for the post traumatic stress from seeing things that cannot be unseen.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by wirefly

I wonder what made the guy think.. 'Hey, I have a great idea! I am going to get naked and sit on this guy! Its going to be great. You should film it!'

The size factor is bad enough, but, to do it whilst naked takes it to a whole new level of.. wrong.

If that happened to me, I would have to see a psychologist for the post traumatic stress from seeing things that cannot be unseen.

Because I was curious as to his motives, I looked up a little on Billy the Fridge.

Yes... you are correct. Some things can NOT be unseen....

BUT, after looking him up, his motivations were no more than a prank. A pretty horrific one at that!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

That was great! The WBC guy sure does sound like he's preaching Satan's work, definitely not the work of J-man.

500lb naked man attacks.... lolz

new topics

top topics

join