It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may be flamed for this, but...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

I think its simply that FOX doesn't employ editors or fact-checkers or anyone with a high school diploma. Only fundamentalist christian college finishers that have all their knowledge and skill removed during their tenure.

It's called downsizing folks.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

And what's more, a 35-round clip of 12-ga shotgun shells would be FOUR FRIGGIN FEET LONG! There is no such animal. Not even the drum-magazine-fed automatic shotgun that's still in development for the military has that much capacity.

this isn't a mistake, it's an outright lie.

But according to good old Josef Goebbels, "The bigger the lie, the easier it is to convince the people."

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Oh, it's just fun to do when people star posts like this one...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You know what is even weirder was some guy predicted this on a forum 2 years before it even happened. A forum that isn't even about conspiracies. Oddly, ATS took it down. Why? I'm not sure. I wanted to get more information on that, but ATS erased it for no good reason.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
the whole story does have problems...

why are no prescription meds mentioned?

why is everyone jumping on the NRA certificate, it was probably issued after passing a gun safety course.? and is it really any matter if he was a member....the NRA doesnt preach anything other than gun rights and gun safety! most police pass similar gun training programs sponsered by the NRA but we dont call police murderers!

also read only nancy lanza had NRA certificate?

and they found an NRA book about pistols....1st amendment ring a bell? these books can be picked up any where.

why no mention that his mom allowed him to have access to guns even with his mental illness!
she obviously encouraged something about weapons in him....they found a load of knives and swords....more than any prepper would need!

also why did she have ammunition for guns they didnt find in the house..... british .303, .45acp?

they mention a starter pistol and a BB gun too and give the serial number for the BB gun!? but no others.

they also mention photos which look like a body covered in blood wrapped in plastic! did he kill before? did the mom know? did she try to cover it up? did he watch "DEXTER"?

he also had news clippings of a previous shooting and followed that guy....do we blame the newspaper or want the readers to be held responsible??

and of course the biggest thing......how sick in the head do you have to be to kill your own mother??!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
and why are news agencies reporting a card with a check that says so he can buy a c138 and they say its a gun.....no fact checkers!!

a C138 is a camera that sells for about $100

a CZ38 is a handgun that sells for about $400

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
why does everyone pick on FOX news?

CNN has been found to fake new casts and lie about everything!

piers morgan left the UK for falsifying news reports and now does it for CNN!

when the original "assault weapons" ban was about to expire..CNN used a FULLY automatic gun shooting at bricks and claimed it was a semi auto gun!! they lied! to try to get the ban renewed!

at anytime....if I turn on CNN I can see fake news stories or lies about facts!! ALL THE TIME!

I have a hard time finding anything wrong with FOX news!! and I am very open to reporting...I listen and find my own way on issues! FOX news reports, its up to you to decide!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
duplicate

edit on Sat Mar 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
triplicate

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
and another...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

One thing you should note is that member of the "press" are not always equally talented but are always under pressure for a deadline. An AP "wire" story will move from AP to FOX, HuffPo, WaPo,NYT, and on and on for days, with each giving its own flavor to the original. Multiple revisions are common, as editors and colleagues point out problems or additional facts develop.

Even in the 3 pages of this thread I've seen references to "glove box," when none of the media used that term.
I've seen references to "70 rounds in 2 magazines," but that too is an interpretation. !2Ga. shells come in boxes of 25. There could've been 3 boxes and FIVE in the weapon, leaving 70 in the vehicle but not "in magazines.".

ATS members see things within their own references and framework.

None of these make for a conspiracy, do they?

Does it really matter whether he used a .223, .323, 9mm or 10mm? All of these appear in various places.
Does it matter whether there were unfired rounds in a discarded (jammed?) clip?

The gist of this horrific occurrence is the mindless slaughter of innocents and would-be protectors with no logical motive or explanation.

As for delays, maybe you didn't realize that Federal rules prohibit the disclosure of medical, school and other personal information, absent certain explicit procedures and conditions. There doesn't have to be a "conspiracy" to prevent or delay the disclosure of the contents of his or his mother's or his father's or his brother's medicine chests.
The same goes for the victims, survivors, witnesses and bystanders.
Some disclosures will include redactions and deletions, per law.

Not all facts related to an occurrence are "news" or everyone else's business. An ongoing criminal invesstigation prevents the instant disclosure of certain matters.

This is why there are still "courthouse reporters" who have access to actual filings that are not ordinarily released to the public en masse. There are "morgue reporters" and "police reporters," et c., as well.

You shouldn't be "flamed" (whatever that menas), but WHO CARES? This a forum/blogspot.
If you want to know "the facts," sometimes you must get them yourself or wait for "reliable sources."

This was awful.
It will take a long time to "get to the bottom."
Some people will NEVER be satisfied.
Some people will insist they've gone too far.
Some people will capitalize on this for fame, money or political agendas; most of which will really have little to do with the facts. The occurrence alone will enable the "somebody has to do something" and the "I've got inside information" stories, pleas and campaigns. Books are being written and scripts sold as we speak..
Somewhere, down the line, it will be history..

jw

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Quoting/citing Faux news for your evidence isn't a very good idea. Faux News is notorious for disseminating false information. It's clearly able to get details of the Newton shooting wrong.

To wit: Fox has frequently shown the wrong political affiliation of a politician underneath his picture, and sometimes they even picture the wrong person with a caption. Another example of this is once when discussing the Lincoln-Douglas debates, Faux showed a picture of Fredrick Douglass, the famous African-American abolitionist, who was not in the debate and who definitely wasn't running for Senator for Illinois at the time.

So to base your stretch of a conspiracy theory -- I'm trying to be as polite as possible while still describing it accurately -- on reporting from Faux News just doesn't make for a compelling argument.

Go check on the actual police records. If you get discrepancies there, then you might have something, but basing your claims on "news" report by a "news" organization that is known to make mistakes as well as to outright mislead doesn't make a compelling case for your claims.

That said, I can't believe there are still threads on this topic. People cannot give up on conspiracies concerning this event, and will clutch at the most sketchy of evidence, i.e. a "news" report from Faux News.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

edit on Sat Mar 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: **ALL MEMBERS Please read: Sandy Hook**

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Those are some major discrepencies, which can be added to the many others that were apparent from the outset. I still think the most probable explanation is that this act of terrorism was not perpetrated by a lone gunmen, and people did see at least one other person fleeing the scene, if not more, and this was likely done as ammunition for furthering the gun control agenda, which in itself is part of a larger agenda...Whose I have no clue. I still think that if this is not the correct explanation, then the next most likely explanation is that Israeli Mossad agents set this up.

That they would have used someone like Lanza I have no doubt. Standard procedure for something like this. And this is not something I just pulled out of thin air. There are high-ranking US officials, at least two to my knowledge, who have stated on the record that Israel has done this exact thing in other countries in the past. I already knew Israeli intelligence was vindictive, like their government, and it has always been maintained that they assassinate more people per year than any other intel agency in any other civilized country. Just from what has been declassified, most coming through US documentation, there are some really messed up things that Israel has done in the past.

Who do you think assassinated the Iranian nuclear scientist recently? Not US intelligence, no way. Their ruthlessness does not stop with the displacement and murder of civilians, which is going on right now, and that should be evidence of their brutality. I do not wish to give the impression that everyone in Israel is like this. To the contrary there are many good people there, although many of them hold inappropriate views towards their neighbors, but all in all they are good people. It is certain factions of the government, along with the military, that perpetrates these dispicable acts.

And people wish to say they are defending themselves. Since when is killing women in children, civilians, necessary for the defense of any nation? That is just an excuse, and nothing more. They are aggressors, hands down. They may not be the only ones, but that does not excuse their brutality. I am getting way off-topic here. I just wanted to paint a little picture to illustrate the point I was making about terrorist acts involving children in other countries, which evidence possibly leads to Israel. There are many other examples we could get in to as well, including 9/11.

It is very important that we realize as a nation that our government has lied to us repeatedly over the decades when it comes to issues like this. There is obviously an agenda somewhere. Think of all the lies that we now know are lies, WMD's in Iraq, etc...Declassified papers have exposed a lot, as well as whistleblowers. So if the government wants to take away your Constitutional rights, and gives a reason as flimsy as "for your protection," do not believe them.

The founding fathers said this exact same thing. What was the quote? Something to the effect of "Anyone who would give up any of their freedoms for protection deserves neither freedom or protection?" Something like that. The government was simpler then, and could be understood easier on a fundamental level, and they saw this coming a couple hundred years ago. Back to the main topic, just look at how many inconsistencies are STILL PRESENT in this case. Just like in the 9/11 case, something is obviously amiss, and instead of trying to explain things, or lie, the authorities just leave it alone hoping people will stop asking questions. Those who do not stop are dealt with in one way or another, if they are actually in a position to do harm and expose the truth.

This whole case reeks of a conspiracy, and I am someone who does not call conspiracy on every little things that happens. But I am adamant and wish to expose what I believe to be lies. And that is funny..A 12 gauge in the glove box? Maybe they meant the trunk? And any shotgun a kid would be able to procure is not going to hold more than something like 6 rounds...I am relatively firearm savvy, but do not have much experience with tactical shotguns. A standard 12 gauge holds nothing near as many as they say.

I know they drum mags, or something similar, for tactical shotguns, but I did not think anyone could own them except the military, but I could be wrong. And if he truly had a 12 gauge that had that many rounds in a mag that big, why in the world didn't he take that to use? That would have accomplished his mission much easier, as bad as that sounds. The gun was likely a plant, or put there for a certain purpose. I just wonder if the intel agency who perpetrated this crime convinced a gullible boy to do something for them, or if they just planted his dead body at the scene. Probably the latter. And they probably chose him for the specific reasons that other have already given, psychological problems, somewhat of a connection to the school, etc. Still just does not make sense.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well. After reading all the comments, I can safely say that the OP used Fox as his/her source, just to bash Fox. And to allow/encourage others to do the same.

I read a number of other news outlet stories on this topic, and they all pretty much repeat what each other has to say. Many just copy the original AP story.

Granted. In the Fox report, they do make the mistake of stating it the shotgun was found in the glove compartment. Maybe the writer never thought of the 'passenger' compartment in those words, and in his haste, typed out the wrong words. How many of us have let our fingers outpace our minds when tapping out words on a keyboard. (Not me, of course, my fingers are way to slow).

They all report on the 70 shotgun rounds in 2 mags. I can only find shotgun mags that hold a total of 30. 2 mags equals 60. Could it be the police reports are inaccurate and/or misleading? Could it be the local police or DA have an agenda to push?

I see this Fox writer guilty of not proof reading. But again. How many of us are guilty of that? Considering the so very many mistakes I read on these threads, most of us.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I agree whole heartedly with you here. I posted a thread once that had an inflammatory response. The title was the main point of the article, but because the word i used is so imprinted on our minds right now with the MSM shoving it down our throats hard recently,everyone seemed to miss the point of what i was saying.
They even went as far as to twisting what i was saying in order to make it sound bad, after much explanation and re-iteration. The amount of hatred on ATS is insane, considering this is the place we are supposed to come to support each other and work as one to destroy ignorance, there is alot of ignorant and hectic minded people here.

It's my opinion that the ignorant people on ATS are more harmful than ignorant people in everyday life who are unknowing of the subversive occurences here on earth, because the people here know that everything is not as it seems, yet still hold onto certain illusions in order to protect their ego.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

No Flames for you brother... Media is good for one thing making people scared. The media is no better than North Koreas State Run Media. They tell us just enough to make us question and get a little scared. They dont tell you how even though 800,000 federal workers risk furlough while Obumma's wife is planning a birthday party costing millions, or how Biden spends 500k in one night in Paris, or how the average joe is affected by stupidly high gas prices. The media is how they control you. The more negative light they canput on gun control the more sheep will hand over theyre guns.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This post really doesn't have much to do with the event being discussed, but the title of the thread.

Who cares if you get flamed, say what you want.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enemyc0mbatant
Well obviously you cannot trust the MSM anymore. They are now the propaganda tool for the fascist American government.

I personally don't believe any children were killed. After all, no pictures, nothing proving otherwise.

You expected parents and the media to release pictures of dead children? There were open casket funerals for some of those children with hundreds and hundreds of witnesses, not to mention the large team at the funeral home working to prepare the bodies and the parents and families who saw the bodies before they were buried. This "no children killed" is ridiculous BS.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

How do you know how many people attended the funerals? Oh, that's right, you heard it on the news. Has to be true, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join