It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video captures moment man is swallowed by 52-foot deep sinkhole in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It's scary how many sink holes are opening up these days. This CCTV camera caught the footage of it swallowing someone.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I mentioned this in another thread before, but it really reminds me of the "surface cracks" from the movie '2012'

ETA: I did not make this video
edit on 28-3-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Wow, there's a little too much truth in that movie than we think. Sinkholes and cracks are appearing more and more and the rise in Earthquakes is cause for concern. Sometimes I wonder if the Earth is trying to shake us off and if so, I don't at all blame it, it gets used like we have another one to go to when the Earth has nothing left to give.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Insane !

Imagine this could happen to anybody, anywhere...just wow...

Hope that guy is okay !!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Unfortunately I can't find anything that says whether he was ok or not. I hope he is.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The ground opening up and swallowing you
has to be one of the most terrifying experiences you could have.
I wonder how deep these fissures are?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

He died shortly after he was rescued.
P.s I posted this yesterday when it happened

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Sorry! I didn't know it had already been posted. It's a shame he died

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
ok...there is ground underneath that is either porous or soft, usually over time, water from above, dissolves, or liquifies, the material underneath, causing the cave-ins....go out onto your property, find a dirt only area, take a water hose and let the water flood over the dirt, shut off water,leave alone to dry...you'll find depressions, pock-marks and dips in the dirt...now imagine that on a larger, much-grander scale.
edit on 28-3-2013 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Does anyone know what that place is/was? I'm not real sure exactly what I'm looking at. Specifically, what those other things were that fell in, that were on the other side of the man who was walking.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ju515478a6.jpg[/atsimg]
Just a guess, but I think that↑water pipe may have already been busted open, and is part of the cause for this incident.

Doesn't appear like this was actually much of a random incident. I'm still not real sure what the heck I'm looking at here, but it does appear that this occurred right beside another very large (and probably man-made) hole.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/lm51547bc9.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by sarahlm

Unfortunately I can't find anything that says whether he was ok or not. I hope he is.
Underneath the Youtube Vid was a link to this↓article.

[color=AFC9E0]What a world we live in when the ground beneath our feet might open up any moment and suck us under. Yesterday afternoon, a five-by-eight-meter sinkhole that was reportedly four stories deep suddenly formed in a residential compound in Shenzhen. A very unlucky security guard, who happened to be walking past, never stood a chance. He died after efforts to revive him at the hospital failed.

beijingcream.com...

edit on 3/28/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

All I have to say is EFF a bunch of that!

top topics

join