It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-olds bucket list.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
When 14-year-old Katelyn Norman learned that her bone cancer was going to take her life, she drew up a list of her final wishes - a slow dance, a last kiss, a date to prom.

But as her friends gathered at a venue in LaFollette, Tennessee on Tuesday night to throw the prom in her honor, Katelyn was airlifted to hospital after struggling to breathe.

So classmates and relatives brought the party to her bedside instead, bringing balloons, music and her smartly-dressed date to make sure she didn't miss out on completing her bucket list.

Katelyn has been fighting osteosarcoma, an aggressive bone cancer, for two years but doctors told her last week that it has spread to her heart, arteries, pelvis and spine and that there is nothing more they can do.

Aims on her bucket list include:
Having a last slow dance
Learning to drive a car
Getting a Marilyn Monroe piercing
Spending a day with each of her three siblings
Attending prom.

Full story

Everyday, you should take the extra time it takes to give your loved ones a hug and a kiss.

Bucket lists should be for old people, not for 14 yr olds.

No comments stars or flags are needed here. But please think about this for a minute or two. Then run off and tell your loved ones exactly how much you DO love them.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Man.................

That's it, that's all I can say

SnF anyway

Cody
edit on 28/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This sent an emotional shiver up my spine and brought a tear to my eye.

And some of us here think we have had a hard life...

What a waste of a life at such a young age, i am so touched that all those people rallied around this young girl and helped her fulfill her wishes.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Just called my kids to tell them how much I love them

Thanks lnfideI

All I got back was "Dad you're weird. Love you too"

It meant more to me than ever

Cody

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You know. We can all jack about day after day, having the blast of a time, enjoying ourselves, all the time being almost oblivious to horrible things that can take our loved ones away from us. Cars, SARS, planes, trains, tumors, bombs.

And as bad as that is for a person, even worse is if your left behind, and you never really made the extra effort to hold them close to you, to call them on the phone,or send a text or a hand written letter outlining in no uncertain terms how much you love them.

Its never too late to say it, to show it, to go that little extra time and effort. No matter what your situation is, or what condition your present relationship with them is. They may call you weird today, but I guarantee you that deep down inside them, they will have that little bit extra good energy because of it.

Its so easy.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Wow.

That was very nice of them.
Maybe there is hope for our species.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am from Campbell County and I can tell you this little girl has had a profound impact on the people who live here. Her strength, courage and smile that, even when she is in pain, is always on her face have brought our little community together in a way that nothing else I can remember has ever done before.

I don't care much for rap music myself, but a rapper who heard about her story wrote a song for her and the words of that song are so beautiful and I just thought I would share it for anyone interested. His name is Brabo Gator. youtu.be...

My favorite line is "Cancer didn't beat you,it made you a hero" It is so true.
edit on 28-3-2013 by gghg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Wow

Just given my lad(7 years old) a massive cuddle

Now where are those man size tissues.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Yes, we do need to tell those we love that we love them every day!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The latest on Kate.

"Update from Erica. They will not be performing surgery on Katelyn to relieve fluid. It is progressing too fast and will not help. The goal at this time is to keep Katelyn as comfortable as possible. Keep this family uplifted in your prayers. May God comfort her pain, as well as the hearts of those who have loved her for her whole life and those of us who have fell in love with her in the last 2 years!"

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gghg1
The latest on Kate.

"Update from Erica. They will not be performing surgery on Katelyn to relieve fluid. It is progressing too fast and will not help. The goal at this time is to keep Katelyn as comfortable as possible. Keep this family uplifted in your prayers. May God comfort her pain, as well as the hearts of those who have loved her for her whole life and those of us who have fell in love with her in the last 2 years!"

I uhhh, hope she remains comfortable. I don't know if I should thank you for the update, or ask you go away and not come back here.

I have all these important papers on my desk. Purchase agreements, warranty info, service contracts, parts invoices, and I keep getting them messed up with these annoying little spots that wrinkle the paper.

Maybe our collective thoughts and feelings can somehow make her stronger.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Some people have used this as a sort of attack against their being a God. That question doesn't bother me as much as the other question: Why do some suffer this way and not others? What is the overriding law of nature and of nature's God that determines who gets struck with this? Everything has to point back to the Creator and His love for us and to inspire us to love Him. I don't believe He causes these things but that He uses them to bring about love and mercy in His people. Anytime someone you know passes away it causes you to wonder how you could have helped that person better or blessed them and how to do it right in the future.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have an old friend whose daughter--just a toddler--is dying from cancer (they've lost the battle). The fact that she won't be able to experience things like this girl's bucket list is one of the hardest things to deal with. Really sobering to see his posts and photos of his beautiful dying daughter every day. Must be hell as a parent to deal with. We're awfully lucky to be alive.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is an excellent story of human kindness. Its very refreshing to see this good will. Thanks a lot for posting it as it is a good reminder what life is really about and what is important.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is why CANCER needs end right now! We have the money and the technology if we could just...Stop the wars, Stop the glut of consumerism, Stop Corporate Greed, stop until there is no more Children dying of this horrid disease!
edit on 28-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow, such a brave and beautiful girl, I'm so glad she got her wishes. This story is heartbreaking, she was far too young to have to go through anything like that.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My father recently passed from cancer and as sad as it was he lived a full life.
This girl hasn't and that is what saddens me more.

This makes me wish I could take years off my life and give it to her.

Don't only call your family and tell them you love them...cherish every minute of the day.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I hate cancer. Its taken 3 people from my close family. The treatment is often worst than the disease and it rarely succeeds...but you must try none the less. I've lost family members to both sudden death causes, and cancer, and cancer is far worse on everyone. It doesn't matter if you have time to say goodbye. This posting brought tears because no one should have to make their bucket list after they know their death is imminent. We all die, but no one should ever have to anticipate it and watch themselves fade slowly. That is cruelty at its worst. I'd rather be tortured than face a death by cancer.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Beauty shines in the most precarious positions. It's just plain beautiful.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Tears and love. Can't really say anything else. Very sad, and very moving. Sounds insufficient.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join