It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Not of this Earth" Analysis Report on Metal Samples from the 1947 UFO Crash on the Plains Of San

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Analysis Report on metal Samples from the July 1947 UFO Crash on the Plains of San Augustine...Report Author: Steve Colbern 10/14/2010....Analysis Report Steve Colbern...Steve Colbern ...Steve Colbern member of technical staff II at YTC America...YTC America...Art Campbell rediscovers crash site in 1994 finding many "artifacts" tested "not of this earth"...ufocrashbook.com.......Also photo's and documentation and more @...Photobucket

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by meteorlima

This thread....Doesnt seem to... Have a point...Can you please...Explain your post with an opinion or evaluation

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

"Not of this Earth" Analysis Report on Metal Samples from the 1947 UFO Crash on the Plains Of...

You can walk a tightrope here when it comes to OPs... and having recently (and uselessly) expending opinion on the subject, I have no wish to reengage in the name of futility.

That said however... I appreciate the links and think I understand the purpose of your OP. If I may, though... maybe your personal opinion on what it all means would fill in the gaps and give us all something to consider before dipping our pens into the cyber ink

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Skimmed through the results and didn't see anything indicating the samples were not terrestrial.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Some of the isotope ratios appeared odd enough to not be from Earth. These ratios of slightly different forms of the same element are known to vary from place to place in the solar system, and so, presumably from one solar system to another.
The problem here is that chemist Steve Colbern's work has not, apparently, been examined by other scientists, since its completion in 2010. Scientific results must be vetted and confirmed independently before they can be accepted.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Ross 54 because: corrected spelling

edit on 27-3-2013 by Ross 54 because: added background material

edit on 27-3-2013 by Ross 54 because: corrected punctuation.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Chuck Wade and a crew excavated the material,but he doesn't say when,and I highly doubt it was done immediately after the crash in 1947.

The samples were composed aluminum alloys, all having a low content of copper, and with unusual alloying/trace elements, many of which were unheard of as components of aluminum alloys in 1947, and are unlikely to have been introduced during the aluminum manufacturing process in that era. These facts are consistent with the material being debris from the crash of an aircraft, or spacecraft at the San Augustine desert location. If the crash did occur in 1947, the material seems inconsistent with the materials that were commercially available at that time, and are possibly too advanced to have been produced by the technology of that time period. The mechanical strength of the materials is not extraordinary, however, and seems well within the normal limits of the strength of commercially available aluminum alloys. The materials could all be bent, torn, and cut with relative ease. It is not known where these samples came from in the structure of the craft, however, and it is possible that they came from interior structures, which did not require extreme mechanical strength. If this is the case, then samples from the exterior of the craft may show much more mechanical strength and toughness. The layer of ceramic-like material, seen on some of the samples (W-2, W-3, and W-6) under ligh

I would assume this material was produce way after 1947.

But,that's just my opinion.

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Not a metallurgist myself, but just because the alloy was "unusual for 1947", yet still comprised of ordinary elements, doesn't rule out sample contamination, erroneous dating, or an exotic terrestrial alloy. I did find his assertion of the presence of carbon nanotubes and their use as a "smart metal" component to be highly speculative and uncharacteristic of this sort of lab analysis, as is also the case with the comparison between the "extremely skewed isotopic results" and those of an alleged alien implant not tested by him or this lab, indicating a clear agenda.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Ditto...
More than scanned the reports. I am familiar with the tests they preformed and did not see one sample that was unidentified.

Oh except this weird bit about halfway thru the OP PDF file.

Other Tests Performed
Samples W-1 and W-6 were placed on a flat surface, and a pendulum, constructed from a 4 oz lead weight tied to an 18” long piece of monofilament nylon line was passed over the samples. When the weight passed over the samples at close range (< 2”) the weight consistently showed a noticeable deflection away from the sample.
These results are similar to those obtained from a similar test done on all six samples by Chuck Wade at the 2010 UFO Congress, in Laughlin, NV.

(insert Twilight Zone theme)

Don't get me wrong. personally I believe that they did retrieve an "un earthly" from the desert outside Roswell. But this report of results of testing is a snow job, IMO.

Designed to baffle us with technical prowess and then some false claims. The Roswell investigation continues, but not here.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi

This thread....Doesnt seem to... Have a point...Can you please...Explain your post with an opinion or evaluation

Everyone knows you only need a quote and a link or a video and a quote to get a bunch of stars and flags in this forum..

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Oh my gosh, I can't stop laughing...
(and why do I hear the voice of Capt James T Kirk while reading this?)

Star for the exciting effort OPie.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Chuck Wade and a crew excavated the material,but he doesn't say when,and I highly doubt it was done immediately after the crash in 1947.

Agreed. Despite there being no chain of custody for the material... despite the analysis showing only terrestrial results done on silvery metal bits buried for an extended period of time... despite the guy splitting the conference right after refusing to give the gathered press any interviews...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Other Tests Performed
Samples W-1 and W-6 were placed on a flat surface, and a pendulum, constructed from a 4 oz lead weight tied to an 18” long piece of monofilament nylon line was passed over the samples. When the weight passed over the samples at close range (< 2”) the weight consistently showed a noticeable deflection away from the sample.

Highly suspicious that they didn't confirm these results with another piece of test equipment - like dowsing rods, for example.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That is a really expensive analysis of what is obviously aluminum foil, first developed to replace tin foil in 1910. It was around in 1947...

Aluminum Foil Wiki

Aluminum foil has a coating on it and does contain small amounts of copper and manganese as they found in the bulk EDS trace. There are surface contamination products that one would expect from exposure (silicates are common in soil) and handling (sodium chloride from fingers).
edit on 27-3-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This is about Art Campbell who became interested in a second ufo crash mentioned in the Philip Corso book "Day after Roswell" while on vacation driving thru the southwest and decided to look for the crash site which took several years and narrowed the search to a small area located on private land on the Plains of San Augustine,N.M ,with permission from the land owner Art did recover many artifacts.Chuck Wade whose dad owned "Wade's Bar" in Corona where Mac Brazel stopped tell Chuck's dad "Jesse" about the debris field at the Foster ranch had attended the Aztec UFO Symposium where Art was telling his story and they teamed up to return to the crash site where "artifacts" were recovered in 2004. Those metal samples were analyzed back then but the critical "isotope ratio" test to determine it extraterrestrial was not performed until this report by Steve Colbern who agree's more testing is needed to verify the findings thus far.
edit on 27-3-2013 by meteorlima because: clarify post

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Stupid twitter generation.
2l

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Highly suspicious that they didn't confirm these results with another piece of test equipment - like dowsing rods, for example.

Or crystal balls...

I request a full blown trans-medium seance with Tarot card readings an Gypsie seeresses.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
nice

top topics

join