It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. Girl Brings Human Skulls to School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interseting to say the least...

Calif. Girl Brings Human Skulls to School

COVINA, Calif. (AP) - A 12-year-old girl brought three human skulls to her school for show-and-tell, authorities said.

The girl claims she obtained the skulls from her grandmother, who allegedly found them in the trash at her mobile home park, police said.

After reading a newspaper article on Saturday, Catherine Knoll of Duarte contacted Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies and said the skulls had belonged to her late husband, said sheriff's Lt. David Brown.

``She said her late husband, William Knoll, had acquired the skulls in Europe in 1967 and returned to the United States with them,'' he said. ``She was moving so she decided she didn't want them any more. She disposed of them in the nearest trash container, which is where they were found.''

``All three are almost 100 percent intact,'' Covina police Sgt. Tim Doonan said.

The girl, who was not identified, took the skulls to Royal Oak Intermediate School in Covina and showed them to her teacher. The student asked if they were real and if she could use them for a science project.

``They looked real to me,'' said John Roach, superintendent at Charter Oak Unified School District, who saw the skulls before they were taken away by police.

The skulls are scheduled to be examined as early as Monday by a coroner's anthropologist.

05/10/03 23:01

� Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Kinda freaky......

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
that the girl is probably traumatized, subconcisly. She will probably turn out like the coroner in MIB and have a necrofilia fetish!

Hey NECRO!

Abstract found your future wife...

LoL

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Actually, until the 1970's or so, all the human skeletons in school classrooms and in medical school were REAL HUMAN BONES. They mostly got them from India (one of the reasons I know this is because my profs talked about this.) So they could have been from school skeletons that were tossed out and her grandfather collected them.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Maybe Grandma Used to do what jeffrey dahmer used to do boil the heads ewwwww

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Why India? Why not American bones of unclaimed bodies or sth? Maybe indian bones had 'less value'

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The medical skeleton trade was from poor third world countries to the US (which is why you'd get them with missing teeth or cavities or other slight imperfections.) It was a source of revenue for them.

Now, I'm not sure of the details since my prof didn't go into them. But after that I looked carefully and discovered that yes, some of the medical skeletons WERE real human bones... and later the fashion was for plastic skeletons that left fewer ethical questions.

top topics

join