It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Following Ep 10. Constitutional Extremists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So I don't watch much t.v., nor do I usually make posts like this because I. Don't believe 99 percent of the media propaganda/subliminal media conspiracies. Also I don't like making short posts, but I couldn't find an appropriate existing thread to ask this in. Also, I don't really have any interest in militias, I'm just a libertarian and the term "constitutional extremist" stuck out to me.

So all disclaimers out of the way, I stopped on the show "the following" the other day and something stuck out to me ( a show, apparently about a cult whose leader is after his wife who is in FBI protection - in a nutshell). In the episode I watched the cult leader hires two guys to find and kidnap his wife. The two guys give the impression they are professionals. The leader asks if they are ex military and a follower says "no, better than that" and explains they were raised by militia people. The two hired guns elaborate further and explain they are or were trained by "constitutional extremists." Come on! It wasn't even intrinsic to the plot. What is a constitutional extremist? Why would they be bad guys? Why would they help a cult leader?

Later in the episode they go up against the main character and his friend. The friend is a guy in witness protection who has one box of bullets so they had to "make them count." I don't have any theory, I just thought it was strange. It seemed so contrived and I want to know what others think about it if they've watched the show.
It was a small thing, but it was very strange to me and I know a lot of people here like/take interest in the concept of the media or govt possibly fear mongering using militias.

Like I said, I don't know if it's suggestive. I don't really buy into a lot of the entertainment subliminals theories. Also does anyone have any knowledge of real life events that could account for the concept? Militia people using their training in an illegal enterprising way?

Also, like I said, the show is so so, if I had the option i'd be watching new episodes of arrested development or game of thrones.
edit on 26-3-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Maybe I missed it, but what show are you talking about? Anyway, network TV and movies have an agenda and that agenda is to demonize anything having to do with the Constitution and the Founding Fathers. This is propaganda designed to convince the hypnotized sheeple out there that gun owners, Constitutionalists and liberty lovers are the enemy... are terrorists... crazy.. whatever. The reason for this is when the economy collapses, or name your SHTF scenario, the sheeple will comply with the police state and also work against the aforementioned "terrorists"

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The Following on Fox. It was Episode 10 that I watched that had "constitutional extremists" as the primary bad guy (for that particular episode).

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Are you saying something with "extremist" attached is not bad?

Anything with -extremist attached is bad!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I watched it last night and caught that little bit of propaganda myself OP!

It isn't really new, in that Janet Nappytano has pretty much came out, along with the SPLC calling people who speak out against the government and talk about the Constitution are terrorists though.......

I am in a twisted way starting to enjoy, the hate and hypocrisy the Progressives are using! It seems to be backfiring on them! Hopefully they will keep it up! It seems the more they scream and yell, the more people are waking up and turning against them and their globalist masters....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Awesome.. I'm glad someone else saw it. I was just watching and when they said that I was like..what the hell? Why constitutional? Why even include that, it didn't add to the story line. It would have made more sense if they were ex military or cops. So we are asked to believe militia kids would be better trained the military or special forces or cartel or anything else they could have chosen? Also that they would keep all their knowledge of weapons and strategy, but give up the ideology (constitutional part) and become criminals?

I just thought it was too dumb and too obvious to be anything but intentional.

I guess they were thinking we were raised learning defense, and to protect peoples rights as well as our own, but man this cult leader wrote one hell of an edgar allen poe rip off, I'm going to help him out. Or were they hired guns doing it for money? It didn't explain. Are they part of the cult or hired guns?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I'm asking what a constitutional extremist is and why it would make sense to include them, in a story about a wide reaching cult that has members in the police and fbi, as the go to guys for violence and kidnapping.

I'm not saying such a group couldn't be bad, and I know right wing extremists can be bad and dangerous, but the concept and phrase "constitutional extremist" left me a little baffled. It just seemed like they really wanted to say constitutional in a negative context.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yeah, i noticed that too. But didn't pay much attention to it.

The show has an interesting premise. And i enjoy it, that's all that matters to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't think Roderick (the cult lt. charged with getting back the cult leader's wife) meant "better" as in better trained, but likely better suited for the task of kidnapping someone. At least that's how I took it...though I can see where you are coming from.

Especially since Ryan (Bacon's lead character) commented on their skills and abilities when discussing the alarms, their bugging of Claire (cult leader's wife), and their weapons.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, I understand, and like I said I'm by no means one of those people that sees symbols or propaganda in everything. Just for some reason the words constitutional extremists stuck out at me. As for what he meant.. scope it again.. The leader Joe asks something to the effect of "are you ex military (after the guy mentions weapons like "mini uzi with a silencer") And the militia guy says verbatim "hell no, we're better than that" then the cop says "they were raised by militia" and the other militia guy says "constitutional extremists, to be accurate."

It was pretty strange.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I caught that too. I was watching it with my wife and when they said that I was like "There they go again..."
I've seen more and more of this in the media where they are trying to tear down the constitution. In my opinion, everyone should be a constitutional extremist.

top topics

join