It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Maps That Shouldn't Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I. Have heard that prie ries is a copy of a much older map, one that
Was much more advanced
What ries said, supposedly.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Not to rain on your parade as i applaud your posting interesting information. I just would've liked it if you had checked to see that this has been posted about before, seen on TV, mentioned in books, and is pretty much tantamount to beating a dead horse.
reply to post by ImNotACylon

You know, this was new information to me. Just because you may be familiar with it doesn't mean that everyone else is. There's also nothing wrong with bringing information to the community....we have so many new members who've never read about the topic. And, if I may draw from my own personal experience, a lot of people wouldn't even know what terms to type in the search engine.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImNotACylon
reply to post by smyleegrl

while I find this topic interesting, It just didn't need to be posted about for the 10,000,000th time. This is not new, nor is it unknown to pretty much anyone with even a passing interest in the odd.

Not to rain on your parade as i applaud your posting interesting information. I just would've liked it if you had checked to see that this has been posted about before, seen on TV, mentioned in books, and is pretty much tantamount to beating a dead horse.

Also, a little balanced research would've been nice as there are competing theories about these maps and their origins.
The piri reis map has always fascinated me but I'm still undecided as to what it actually shows.
It sure does look like the land under Antarctica, but that's, really, about as far as one can go with it.
"It may or may not be... but it looks like it."
There is nothing definitive about it and the fact that it DOES exists means it should. IT only "shouldn't" if it actually shows the landmass under Antarctica.
There is no proof it does, though it makes a for an interesting and compelling topic of debate.
So, again, thank you for posting this but a thorough check of ATS beforehand would've done you well.

wow.
after a comment like that i await your first thread with great anticipation.
so you will have something for us that has'nt been posted before, been mentioned in books and has never been seen on t.v. before....
so basically you'll have something thats NEVER been mentioned almost anywhere before?
i can't wait i really can't

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Just recently the British Antarctic Survey released a map of what Antarctica looks like without ice. Here's a photo:

click thumbnail for larger image

www.antarctica.ac.uk...

Some malison, like in tails?

edit on 3/26/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Just recently the British Antarctic Survey released a map of what Antarctica looks like without ice. Here's a photo:

click thumbnail for larger image

www.antarctica.ac.uk...

edit on 3/26/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Some malison, like in tails?

edit on 3/27/2013 by dragnik because: edit

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

What a cool thread ty.. wow 474 flags

SnF
edit on 27-3-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You know, this was new information to me. Just because you may be familiar with it doesn't mean that everyone else is. There's also nothing wrong with bringing information to the community....we have so many new members who've never read about the topic. And, if I may draw from my own personal experience, a lot of people wouldn't even know what terms to type in the search engine.

I think the 474 flags speaks for itself

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thank you Smyleegrl, I always enjoy your posts. You made my day!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
While yes, this isn't new information - I enjoy reading different perspectives on mysterious subjects.

I think it was a great thread, and I enjoy smyleegrl's posts. She is always thoughtful and contemplative. S&F for a great thread OP, and I'm always interested in your ideas on even old subjects.

Those who felt they need to complain - envy becomes you.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Good Research , i Admit.
But is the matter of the research fact or fiction or of dubious origin (the case of the Piri Reis Map)?

For those who Star & Flag - of course it makes a good read. But more than that, have you actually read into the other side? Have you searched for other sources than in the post to verify the authenticity of the claims about the map? i dont think so.

Have a read at

A Scientific Analysis of the Piri Reis Map

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by Telos

Graham Hancock must feel very happy and thankful to ATS for sharing entire chapters of is Fingerprints of the Gods book

Didn't get it from Fingerprints of the Gods, although someone did recommend that book lately and I just started reading it.

It is interesting, though, that he had a lot of the same info.

There's another book that is also interesting, called Earth's Forbidden Secrets. Its what inspired this thread, actually. You can find it online in pdf form for free if you're interested.

It's strange because the order and the pics are exactly the same as on Fingerprints of the Gods. And I did read Earth's Forbidden Secrets which btw was the case of a debate because Maxwell Sigan apparently used the same order and text for the topic. Anyway, for the other members who might want to read this directly from Earth's Forbidden Secrets, here is the link for the book which is free: www.dl4all.com...
edit on 27-3-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

The thread was inspired by Earth' Forbidden Secrets, I had not started reading Fingerprints of the Gods when I wrote it.

I found the map section in the book interesting, but if you look at my sources I did research each map separately. I also got the pictures from google images.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
Good Research , i Admit.
But is the matter of the research fact or fiction or of dubious origin (the case of the Piri Reis Map)?

For those who Star & Flag - of course it makes a good read. But more than that, have you actually read into the other side? Have you searched for other sources than in the post to verify the authenticity of the claims about the map? i dont think so.

Have a read at

A Scientific Analysis of the Piri Reis Map

Not something I came across...thank you for the link.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

I think the 474 flags speaks for itself

The thread per say is very interesting but a lot of members are new and have not been here long enough to know that this is one is a topic extensively discussed on ATS since 2004. A quick search would have shown how many threads are opened with the same topic. Here some of them (for starters):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and so on...

p.s. I'm not trying to kill the thread. It is a very nice one and I did star and flag
I just wanted to add some details that might be helping others.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It's strange because the order and the pics are exactly the same as on Fingerprints of the Gods. And I did read Earth's Forbidden Secrets which btw was the case of a debate because Maxwell Sigan apparently used the same order and text for the topic. Anyway, for the other members who might want to read this directly from Earth's Forbidden Secrets, here is the link for the book which is free: www.dl4all.com...
reply to post by Telos

I just compared the book Fingerprints of the Gods with Earth's Forbidden Secrets....they are remarkably similar. So I can see why you would think this.

I wonder if the author of Earths Forbidden Secrets might have consulted with the other? Don't know.

Thanks for the links to the other threads about the maps.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
To everyone....

I am absolutely flabbergasted by the response to this thread. I NEVER expected it to get so big....it's a very humbling surprise.

Thank you all. You made my week.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Nice thread and thanks for posting all this information. It is a pleasant suprise that you got close to 500 flags because usually you will get 5 or 10 and the paid shills will come and harrass you. I have done so in the past and made we want to quit the site. I have posted about hollow earth, alien videos, etc. and the stoooges and shills gang up like flies to #!!!

What difference does it make if a topic is posted once or two million times? ATS gets new members everyday and they DESERVE to learn REAL INFORMATION not the bull# they teach in the retarded schools.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
smylee, once again you never fail to impress.

I, too, have always been interested in these maps, where they originated from, and how exactly people from so long ago were able to accurately map Antarctica.

I am among those that believe that human civilization has come and gone, has reached pinnacles and fallen from them. What really made me believe that we were not the first technologically advanced civilization to grace our little blue marble was the show "Life After Humans." How amazing it is to realize that within a time span of only 10,000 years, most, if not all traces of our current civilization would return to the Earth without so much as a trace...mostly because we use building materials that were not meant to last without some sort of human intervention.

I really didn't have much else to say other than bravo on this fascinating thread!

-TS

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Today I bring you an ancient mystery…..maps, drawn in antiquity, that show areas supposedly unknown and unexplored, such as the continent of Antarctica. How did the cartographers manage to accurately portray entire land masses that were unknown in their day and time?

Maybe because these land masses were not unknown at the time?
Why do we keep relying on the modern European/Western version of history as our only
version of history?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I believe 100% that in our pre history there was once a civilization who were not so much "more advanced" than ours, but had gone down a different route as such. For instance if it was not for a few select scientist we may not even discovered electricity. I believe in the past they had a different form of "base" energy they discovered, they found a way to harvest , distribute and manipulate it in the same way we do with electricity. My personal belief is they used some form of sound based technology. Anyway point is the "powers that be" can not accept this because if they do. A) they need to accept the fact that there was a civilization here previous to us that had a technology that rivaled our own, be that on a different technological evolutionary route, but they were still here.
B) if they do accept this they need to accept that they all got wiped off the face of the planet by some mass cataclysm.

I believe before the "powers that be" started running the show there was probably LOADS more evidence and traces of a "lost" civilization. However we cant have people thinking we are not the first to be "clever". can you imagine the panic if 300 years ago (still on horses and carts) a they had suddenly discovered 100% proof of another world wide race way more advanced than our own that got WIPED OUT..... wouldn't be good to think of our self as mere children on a rock floating around where as even the grown ups before us couldn't survive!

So to the point. the maps are probably just old documents that happened to have survived, or copies of copies of copies ect that managed to slip through the net before technology came along and now we are blessed that we can take a "picture" and uploaded it and its there forever, for everyone to see and share forever more.... there could have been 1000s of maps stored somewhere say around 100 years ago and because the guy who found them or knew they existed couldn't share it via technology, they were lost and forgotten after his death.

But anyway none of this matters because everything we see hear touch experience is but a projection of our human consciousness and a reflection of our self.... and science its self one day (even thought this is all but an illusion) hopefully prove this through the quantum world ..... or will it? we could just be a bunch of cells that happened to evolve in a 13 billion year old universe.... anyway back the maps.. .man i went off on one! apologies.
edit on 27-3-2013 by TurboT because: .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join