It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Leopard Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I am hoping that someone traveling about the forums today can help me as I don't know how to interpret the dream I had last night:

I was out in the yard, walking and talking with one of my grown daughters, when all of a sudden my cats and dogs (who always follow me in a herd) scrambled away and hid. Out of the woods bordering the property came two black leopards- one fully grown (mother) and one cub (about half the size of the mother, and cub was a male). My daughter and I both froze in our tracks. The fully grown leopard came toward me with the cub following. Somehow my daughter had made it to the other side of the back fence while my eyes were glued to the big cats, so I was alone with nothing between the cats and me. As they came closer I could hear the mother cat growling/purring? and I was afraid to move. The cats came closer and closer until they were right next to me when all of a sudden the mother leopard rubbed up against my leg a few times and plopped down at my feet with her body against me- like a house cat would. I stood there frozen as the mother leopard groomed herself as she watched her cub chasing butterflies and lizards around the yard. Eventually the mother cat got up and headed back for the woods with the cub following behind. My heart raced and I stayed frozen for a bit, then finally slowly walked back toward the house.

In my dream several days went by with almost the same occurrence each day- me freezing as the leopards approached and the powerful cats behaving like one of the house cats, then going back into the woods. I continued to fear these cats but learned to move very slowly about the yard and to keep my eyes on them at all times. Even though in my dream they behaved more like domestic pets there was never any doubt in my mind that these were wild animals and I should remain vigilant and cautious and to expect the unexpected- and to not allow myself to feel comfortable around them regardless of their behavior.

So, anybody up to interpreting this dream? I am curious as to it's hidden meaning, as I felt this particular dream was trying to show me something. Any knowledge is much appreciated!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To dream that a leopard is attacking you indicates that you are overly confident in your future success. You do not realize the difficult struggles and challenges that you will have to endure.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
To dream that a leopard is attacking you indicates that you are overly confident in your future success. You do not realize the difficult struggles and challenges that you will have to endure.

Thank you for your reply! The leopards in my dream however were not attacking me- in fact just the opposite. They were behaving in a fashion of any one of my regular cats, but that did nothing to qualm my anxiety!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There is something in your life that is going to require fearlessness, courage, and stamina. It will appear to be daunting, but, your past experiences with these types of situations (the smaller domestic cats), albeit on a smaller scale, will lend you a certain level of confidence and ability to navigate the problem carefully. Trust yourself and your inner strength.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I don't mean to be bold, but something tells me this has to do with the mother/daughter relationship and boundaries.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My daughter and I have no boundary issues, but I have been worried about her quite a bit. She got a job that entails traveling around the country and possibly abroad. She is a sharp cookie but a mom can't help but worry about safety. Thanks for your reply!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

This may explain why I think this is about the mother/daughter relationship.

There is you, the older woman/mother, with your daughter nearby. She leaves your side and goes toward the fence line (boundary), somewhat away from you. (Her new job?) From the other side of the fence, outside the normal boundary, comes another mother/daughter. It is black and mysterious (unknown) but there is a familiarity about it. This represents you and your daughter and the worry about what may lie ahead. Will it be dangerous? Or, is it just your worry and concern about the possible danger. The young leopard explores the sunny yard and interacts with both butterflies and lizards. (Your daughter exploring life and new boundaries.) The mother/daughter leopard comes and goes until you are able to feel somewhat comfortable with the new normal..........but, because you are who you are, you keep that protective eye open.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That makes complete sense.
Thank you queenofswords!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The butterflies and lizards are another thing to consider. When you see butterflies in a dream, it usually means a time of transformation. Just as a butterfly emerges from a cocoon, a time of rebirth and transition is indicated. Things are going to change.

The lizard operates in the shadows and/or the subconscious. It's a very important symbol and when you see it in a dream, it means to pay particular attention to the message. It can also represent recurrent fears and worries that one should confront and bring out into the light.

(Just an added dimension to consider.)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well, this is not likely to be helpful - but in the interest of mixing things up..

Here is one of the infamous murals of Denver International Airport, in the above left I believe are some leopards.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

When I clicked your link it said "403 Forbidden".
Any idea what that means?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Hmmm, that is pretty weird. I checked to see if the link worked today right after I posted it and it worked. The link was to this image ( i'll upload it to ATS so I can just put it here and not have to link
)

I don't know why my original post is doing that now, i'm not exactly the most tech savvy person. But the comment itself was sort of on the fly anyhow. Looking at it from intuition, I would say I meant to give the possibility that the mural's use in symbol/meaning of the leopard could hold bearing to the leopard dream meaning.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Interesting picture! The leopards seem to almost look like they were taken from another painting and were superimposed on the mural. Your eyes are drawn to them. Thanks for uploading it!

top topics

join