It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Troopers Indicted For Roadside Body Cavity Search On Women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Talk about an invasion of privacy....yikes! Two women got pulled over in north Texas for throwing a cigarette butt out of their car window, which resulted in a body cavity search. Something tells me not much is going to happen to these two.

One of the state troopers is accused of theft. One of the women that was pulled over reported a medicine bottle missing from her purse after the search.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This was posted at the time it happened, but this is a welcome update. Glad to see they didn't get away with it. Doing a roadside cavity search is way out of line. What I can't figure out is, where did the cops get the idea to pull them over for suspicion of drugs, when all they had done was throw out a cigarette butt? Sounds like a quickly made excuse.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

This is horrible that something like this can happen! I hope these people get the justice that they deserve. That being said I hope people realize that this is not common behavior with Texas state troopers. I have had dealings with them a few times- in fact the only time I was ever arrested was by Texas state troopers- and in my experience they have been the nicest, most well mannered and most professional of any kind of police officers I have ever had any dealings with.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

I would have to ask the troopers to produce the cigarette butt in question and allow for DNA testing.

I wonder if they could pick the right one out of all the ones that litter the roadside?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
the female officer who was called in to do the search lost her job....didn't change rubber gloves between searches....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

wow that is rough. any news article or link about this or what happened to the other trooper?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

agreed. the last thing I want to have this thread do is label all law enforcement officers as being dogs because that is simply not true at all. I tip my hat to the ones who take their job seriously and indeed serve and protect.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
the female officer who was called in to do the search lost her job....didn't change rubber gloves between searches....

Not only didn't she change the gloves between the two women, she went back first, then to the front. HUGE nono for women, this spreads bacteria that causes dangerous infections. She then went from the first woman to the second with dirty gloves, starting again in the back, going to the front.

One of the women had a rectal abcess she was being treated for, I believe that was what the pain meds were for that went missing.

That female trooper has been charged with two counts of sexual assault.

It should be more, including endangerment, based on the huge health risks she imposed on both women with her wanton carelessness and calousness.

If you listen, you can even hear one woman state she felt violated. Indeed.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
This was posted at the time it happened, but this is a welcome update. Glad to see they didn't get away with it. Doing a roadside cavity search is way out of line. What I can't figure out is, where did the cops get the idea to pull them over for suspicion of drugs, when all they had done was throw out a cigarette butt? Sounds like a quickly made excuse.

As I understand it, he pulled them over for littering for flicking the cigarette butt out the window, and claimed he smelled [snipped] That was his "probable cause" to search the vehicle. He felt they were still hiding something from him, so he called the female officer for the body search.

No drugs were found after the two women adamantly denied that either used [snipped]
Original story - trooper said they were "acting wierd".

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Update about indictments, firing, charges, suspension, etc.

m.nydailynews.com...

edit on 25-3-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA links

edit on Mon Mar 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: drugs edit

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

edit on Mon Mar 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Welcome to the United Police States of America.

There have been a ton of stories as of late about police brutality, misconduct, and what not. In most of these stories, they get away with their crimes because, they are somehow above the law.

I hope that this case will be an exception.

And the not changing gloves and going back to front on these women? Disgusting. What if one of them had a sexually transmitted disease and it got passed on to the other one?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

edit on Mon Mar 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Here is another video of the same trooper pulling someone else over. Just an FYI about him. He clearly violates their rights, as well. It appears this is an ongoing investigation, as well.

Form your own opinion.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This would be a pretty disturbing plot for an X-Rated movie.

But even worse, it's not a movie

Ever hear the story about the frog in the pot.

Just joking - everybody knows this story. Chillax, everything is fine.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Welcome to the United Police States of America.
reply to post by daryllyn

Exactly. I think it's important to talk about these kind of incidents to try to at least slow down the police state that is growing bigger everyday.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Really happy to hear this positive update. Figured they would let it slide instead. Can't stop there, can't let other invasive handling continue. Not to mention, I had seen enough of the soap boxing that included that there was no problem, that the cop is in the right and that the women are related making one glove okay!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The way the media reports outrageous attacks on civil liberties like this really is shameful.The language used by the reporters doesn't come close to describing the sickening abuse those two innocent girl suffered at the hands of the cold, creepy, perverted female officer involved.

Why don't they call it what it is. An Evil abuse of power by two twisted, power crazed bullies in uniform.

The male officer must also be fired. He is clearly not fit to hold a position of authority over vulnerable females.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sexual Assault?

Should be sentenced as any other citizen would be.

Let their fellow inmates sort them out.
That's true justice for sexual assault.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join