It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Fires Missile Into Syria In Response To Golan Heights Border Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Israel Fires Missile Into Syria In Response To Golan Heights Border Fire

www.huffingtonpost.com

JERUSALEM -- Israel's army said it fired a guided missile into Syria on Sunday, destroying a military post after gunfire flew across the border and struck an Israeli vehicle.

The shooting along the frontier in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights was one of the most serious incidents between the countries since Syria's civil war erupted two years ago. Israel has carefully watched the violence from the sidelines, but has returned fire on several occasions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It seems to me that this could e a problem in the coming days. Who can really say how all this will end or if anything else will come from this. I personally believe it's gonna end badly for many people. Will Damascus fall soon? Or maybe they reached some type of peace when our leader was over there.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Talk about coincidences...

I just got done watching The Hobbit and somehow Israel came to mind, ya know... saving the last kingdom from middle earth and 13 eagles saving the day, restoring a land that was taken from them. The whole symbolism with the dragon and the gold..., if there isn't a thread about that movie, I wouldn't think this is ATS.

Anyways... I almost started feeling empathetic for Israel. Now I read that a few bullets crossed a boarder and missiles were fired?

It's hard to compare this situation with others but... Is a missile launch really the most appropriate measure to take?

If Israel can get away with tossing a few missiles around, and feel threatened, with bullets flying over their heads. Why don't they just go in and finish the job?
It's not like the US won't back them up, and if Russia gets out of hand... O wait, Russia won't do anything. In fact, we should invite Russia to the show and let them keep Tartus. Russia just doesn't want any more drugs and extremists coming into their country, they also need their base. Let them have the base, make it stronger even... BUT in doing so will destabilize the region, actually benefiting the US.

I say, go for it...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I personally believe it's gonna end badly for many people.

It already has.

70,000 Syrians killed overall (February 2013 UN estimate)

That's more people killed than are in the entire US Coast Guard. Almost twice over.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Bluff called but what comes next, more bluster I assume.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised at all if this happens to spill over as regional war...including turkey as well.

Yep, either hyped up or not, things are heating up after Obama landed in Israel...

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Israel's army said it fired a guided missile into Syria on Sunday, destroying a military post after gunfire flew across the border and struck an Israeli vehicle.

"Flew" across the border, lol.

I have a question...

How come the Opposition forces in Syria don't actually attack Israel? Aren't the Jews the enemy of Islam? If there are so many divided factions on the Syrian side, how come there has been no substantial weapons exchanges or suicide bombers or captured Syrian heavy weapons directed at the Israelis?

I'm not talking about the "pop goes the weasel" mistakes, but out and out attacks by serious opposition forces inside Syria near the border with Israel.

Answering that question will go a long way to understanding the nature of the conflict in Syria and who is behind it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Perhaps because they'd die, quickly and without much accomplished or even close to it. That's been tried before. Several times. Several nations, each time and all at once. All have lost. Every time.

Some formal military units would actually trigger a *REAL* Military response out of Israel that even the Palestinians never see. It would be the world's shortest land battle, I'm thinking....unless they were 100% coordinated with multiple nations.

Whatever anyone thinks of Israel for good, bad or anything else....their military is among the best in the world. (it's the only reason they still exist, of course) Attacking them in a real way wouldn't be a boost to longevity for anyone on the visiting team to be sure.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, fine... but where is the wreckage of all the Islamic militant groups who have tried?

There isn't any.

Thats is what is curious.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I guess I'm misunderstanding you..... Israel's been attacked and soundly defeated Egypt, Syria and Jordan's combined military forces ...more than once. What wreckage? The PLO, Islamic Jihad, Hamas and Hizbollah have also been fighting Israel off and on with guerrilla tactics since 1968. I won't say they lose ...but it's not winning either.

If you mean militants from the FSA terrorists? I don't think they need to go become martyrs to prove the point that Israel still wins it's fights. It'll take unprecedented (Literally, since it's been tried a few times) combined arms of several nations .... or a literal hail storm of missiles. BIG ones. lol...

The thing about Israel is.... Well, take a nation like Iraq. 7.2 Million people as they count them in Baghdad. Mere thousands of U.S. troops held the whole city. (Not holding it would have meant Mogadishu x's horror levels). Why? Every single man and woman over about 16 wasn't a capable fighter. Just a small %.

In Israel, everyone serves. Everyone fights..if it comes to that. What other nation can have 7 million people WITH personal weapons and basic gear out in the street and set to rock in a matter of hours? Israel can. I don't know of any others in the world ... Maybe Switzerland. They do (or did) have their defense forces with weapons at home didn't they?

Anyway... So no one attacks. Why lose people for nothing?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

No one attacks ?

So who is going to build the temples ?

Who is going to wreck the mosque ?

Who is taking lands ?

There has been fight since and before 1949.

The fight is like a fire under the ashes.

And the fact that Israeli people have gun couldn't help them as much as they thought.

Israel is a beast which is chained by many countries.

Just sit and watch how their attacks will grow during Iranian election.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

What has any of that got to do with militants attacking Israel from the Syrian border and/or Golan Heights area?

I wasn't replying to the events of the last 65 years except as a basis for why none DO just charge over the border, guns blazing, to try and overwhelm IDF defenses, as actually COULD be done in other nations ..and IS done on occasion around the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Know whats funny? I seen the exact same scenario play out in the Lord of the Rings. Seriously if you get some time go back and watch it. It seems to be similar to end times prophecy.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You would think if they were true enemies of Israel they would be launching all sorts of crap into the country. But no doubt Israel are playing a supporting role somehow. The Mossad have been accused of being on the ground in some parts of Syria and I tend to believe it. Also with that, the Saudi's have a good rlationship with the Israeli's and they are sending in the majority of criminals and aid also. Funny how they never get attacked either.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Thank you DarknStormy. My point exactly.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I thought that you are missing to see the picture.

Israel is unstabling Syria with one hand , and sending missiles with other hand. I don't say that there is no blame on Syrian sides , but it has always been an strategy to play victim.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Okay, you're right on that. Israel almost advertises the fact they're watching and meddling in Syria to the extent they can right now. I don't think they are doing TOO much, because at the moment? Syria has ALL the big boys on the field (Russia, America and regional powers like Saudi, Iran and Turkey). It's not THAT big a nation and Israelis would run major risks of getting their tails chopped if they were even suspected by almost ANYONE right now. I think the U.S. is about the only side who wouldn't shoot them or torture them to death upon capture. SO... I'm thinking after the civil war really warmed up, they pulled back. Not out...but sure back.

I'd look for Mossad in Lebanon far more than Syria... Backdoor to Damascus, as it always has been for back and forth of the belligerents in the region. Poor Lebanon.

No question that Israel is hip deep in it all though. After all... These areas do form their backyard as literal as someone in San Diego looks at Tijuana or someone in El Paso looks at Juarez. So far across a border ...but only miles away.

(I think everyone is wearing a black hat on this one...the only one even GRAY is Assad himself and that's because he was minding his own business for the most part, when it all started in Homs so long ago now)

top topics

join