It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian President Assad Assassinated By Own Bodyguard?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't post it if I didnt think it true. Egg on my face if it's only propaganda. Sources are scarce but seem to be growing and I will post them as I find them. So what will this mean if it is true? Radical muslims control the majority of the middle east now? I see a lot of hype that it will trigger ww3. Not sure how that would be any different that Egypt and Libya doing it. The 1st link is the original arab media source. Unfortunately, I can neither read nor translate the page. Aside from the title thread, I would really like to know why Ronald Reagans picture is on the homepage.
Admins plz delete if this turns out to be a propaganda story.

Various reports published that Assad al-Shami was rushed to the hospital and in serious condition. עוד דווח על מהומה גדולה שהתפתחה סביב לבית החולים וכי כל הדרכים המובילות אל בית החולים נחסמו על-ידי צבא סוריה. Also reported the big fuss that has developed around the hospital and that all roads leading to the hospital were blocked - by the Syrian army. עוד דווח על כוחות צבא גדולים שנמצאים בתוך בית החולים. Also reported large military forces are in the hospital.

eltira.org
Google translated
Google translated
Google translated
edit on 24-3-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If true I have to wonder, was it a lone wolf action or was the perp a paid assassin who just made a small fortune in his overseas account? Who paid for what; hell of allot cheaper than an evasion.......?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Update: According to Arab media www.eltira.org , Bashar al-Assad would have been seriously wounded by gunfire last night Saturday, March 23 by his bodyguard but Iran is not dead. He is currently hospitalized, between life and death, Shami Hospital in Damascus which the streets were closed.t

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Crazy if true.

The ripple effect of such an acti

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Crazy if true.

edit on 24-3-2013 by BlastedCaddy because: possesd computer

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
WHAT? Seriously? This isn't anywhere in the MSM. What is going on?
I would think that if this had happened, we'd be hearing more about it.
Unless Syria was trying to keep it quiet ....
(which I think would be impossible)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If this is true, it's the breaking story of the week. Time will tell.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Willease because: Original post already posted.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Willease

If true, they better be praying that he dies quickly.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is nowhere in the msm, but will really alter the situation in the Middle East if true.
Thanks OP, if true, great find.

One to watch very carefully.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This must be a lie. If true it would be all over the MSM.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Death to him I hope. No man stands above the people. He should have left to live a nice wealthy life on a beach somewhere but decided in arogance to fight and kill his own.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

This is just like a movie, it has a well written plot. How is this not on CNN, BBC, or any other stations?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by GoldenRuled

This is just like a movie, it has a well written plot. How is this not on CNN, BBC, or any other stations?

lack of confirmation would be why.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekos
This must be a lie. If true it would be all over the MSM.

You have more faith in the MSM than it deserves. There has been many news stories not covered by the MSM until verified, which this hasn't been. And even then, God only knows what the real truth may be.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Add me to the list of "can't find verification." If true, Mid East Tweets would be going crazy. Well all have to wait and see if this is verified--any place.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think I am going to need much better "sources" than this. I am leaning towards not true, but time will tell I guess....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
translate.googleusercontent.com...://m.news1.co.i l/ArticlePage.aspx%3Fdocid%3D324655%26subjectid%3D1&usg=ALkJrhj8njJAkiVWkM6Cb5eTID0wSl0nTQ

Arab Report: Assad's assassination

Assad. Is assassinated by a bodyguard? [Photo: AP]
On - according to Arab media reports that have been verified - officials assassinated by his bodyguard of Syrian President life Heavy security around the hospital a - my mother in Damascus and in-hospital
edit on 24-3-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If this is true I imagine it would leak within the next few hours. At the very least our intelligence agencies would (should) know and it would leak out of Washington. Rumors and conspiracy theories are extremely prevalent in the Middle East (sort of like ATS) it would not make sense for a person or group to assinate Assad then not have a mechanism to claim credit for the attack.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
UP ON DRUDGE RIGHT NOW:

jssnews.com... ggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

No doubt Matt will be doing siren momentarily.

Wow.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Glinda because: To fix bad linky to/from DrudgeReport

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join