It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall of the Fourth Reich... Empire of Debt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here is a new video produced by the people over at FutureMoneyTrends.com

In this video, they explore the eye opening similarities between the Weimar Republic (pre-Nazi Germany) and America. The video is well done and paints a pretty dark picture in regards to the future of the American economy. Certainly the fact that America's economy, along with the rest of the world, having a dark future is not news to anyone, but this video is worth the watch and explains how hyperinflation can take hold of an economy virtually overnight.

FutureMoneyTrends has put out some really good mini-documentaries in the past, and if you haven't watched any of them I suggest that you check them out here

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Interesting you mention pre-nazi in relation to the US. I was just recalling a conversation I had with a woman four years ago last night when we were discussing this.

She said the US was becoming like Nazi Germany, and I said not quite yet, but in perhaps a decade it would be realized. I think we must be very, very careful who we allow into office in 2016. Too many things seem to be lining up to cause the perfect storm in the US. Honestly, I'm not sure it's avoidable.

I watched the video just now. Meh, the guy is choosing to focus on similarities, and omit the differences.

The mark wasn't the reserve currency for the world back then. Pretty sure it was the sterling pound.

Until people not only lose confidence in the dollar, but have the means and will to choose a better one, the game plays on. Our dollar is propped up by our military, ie petrodollar.

Until there is a challenge to US military supremacy, we will continue to enforce our national interests through trade policies via military force, if necessary.

edit on 22-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra
Interesting you mention pre-nazi in relation to the US. I was just recalling a conversation I had with a woman four years ago last night when we were discussing this.

She said the US was becoming like Nazi Germany, and I said not quite yet, but in perhaps a decade it would be realized. I think we must be very, very careful who we allow into office in 2016. Too many things seem to be lining up to cause the perfect storm in the US. Honestly, I'm not sure it's avoidable.

I watched the video just now. Meh, the guy is choosing to focus on similarities, and omit the differences.

The mark wasn't the reserve currency for the world back then. Pretty sure it was the sterling pound.

Until people not only lose confidence in the dollar, but have the means and will to choose a better one, the game plays on. Our dollar is propped up by our military, ie petrodollar.

Until there is a challenge to US military supremacy, we will continue to enforce our national interests through trade policies via military force, if necessary.

We must be careful who we allow into office in 2016? WE have no say in the matter... voting is just an illusion to make the flock of sheep feel as if the have a voice. I would say that the main difference between then and now was that even though Germany took the Mark off of the gold standard, the rest of the world remained on it, Fast forward to today, and all currency around the world is fiat.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well I don't disagree with you there. I guess it was more for sentiment than anything else. I like to live somewhat in the illusion at times. It helps keep the crazes away.

Nah, it's more complex than you're making it out to be, or they are in the video.

Seriously, the mark wasn't reserve currency of the world at that time, and they didn't have a position to force people into buying it against their will.

We are, and do.

Let me put it this way. We aren't the only currency experiencing inflation. Nearly all currencies are against commodities. You must compare our rate of true inflation, against other currencies of true inflation, to get a grasp of where we stand.

Good luck finding unbiased statistics to help you with that, lol! I think it's best to feel our way through this one. In my best assessment, our position is much stronger than the propagandists would have you believe. Nobody is strong in the face of the circumstances, globally, that exist, but we're far from being weak.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It's all a mind #, yeah? The $'s imaginary, the debt is imaginary, the whole thing is a worldwide ponzi scheme...With real people, whole countries, whole continents suffering for it. It's hard to wrap your head around.

Just when you think you've heard it all...read this piece of mind-#ery and see what you think...

"Hitler's Freedom From International Debt Slavery"

www.poketheeye.org...

To preface:

It is always difficult to have a
discussion on the topic of WW II
Germany, and Hitler, without having
emotions run high. And understandably so. We do not believe
that there is a world plot in place by
those of the Jewish faith to dominate
the world. We do however suspect
that there is a plot in place by the
major financiers and financial
institutions, to control. We don’t
necessarily agree with all the points
made in the article you are about to
read, but it certainly does raise some
interesting points. We offer this
article to our readers as an alternative
viewpoint, intended to stimulate
discussion. PTE

It's worth reading the comments as well. Read also "The Creature From Jekyll Island", either the article or the book, if you haven't yet. I think I have the article on my pc, I'll link it tomorrow if I can find it.

This #'s disturbing...It's been going on so long, and most don't even know it, and what can we do about it anyway?!
edit on 23-3-2013 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Here is another eye opening and thought provoking article, from the site linked in beginning of the above article, 'web of debt':

"LESSONS FROM THE WIZARD OF OZ"

www.webofdebt.com...

Money reform advocates today tend
to argue that the solution to the
country's financial woes is to return
to the "gold standard," which
required that paper money be
backed by a certain weight of gold
bullion. But to the farmers and
laborers who were suffering under
its yoke in the 1890s, the gold
standard was the problem. They
had been there and done it and
knew it didn't work. William
Jennings Bryan called the bankers'
private gold-based money a "cross
of gold." There was simply not
enough gold available to finance the
needs of an expanding economy.
The bankers made loans in notes
backed by gold and required
repayment in notes backed by gold;
but the bankers controlled the gold,
and its price was subject to
manipulation by speculators.

To remedy the tight-money problem
that resulted when the Greenbacks
were halted after Lincoln's
assassination, Coxey proposed that
Congress should increase the money
supply with a further $500 million
in Greenbacks. This new money
would be used to redeem the
federal debt and to stimulate the
economy by putting the
unemployed to work on public
projects. 8 The bankers countered
that allowing the government to
issue money would be dangerously
inflationary. What they failed to
reveal was that their own paper
banknotes were themselves highly
inflationary, since the same gold
was "lent" many times over,
effectively counterfeiting it; and
when the bankers lent their paper
money to the government, the
government wound up heavily in
debt for something it could have
created itself. But those facts were
buried in confusing rhetoric, and
the bankers' "gold standard" won
the day.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It’s like living in a fantasy world, and each new idea creates a new twist to the plot that never has any actual ending, because the social media stops people from actually BEHEADING the queen or the Pope or the presidents and instead keeps us in a dream state of socially interconnected nonsense!
Welcome to your self-created and perpetuated Matrix – Facebook, Infowars, Youtube
That is why social media was invented and so well funded by governments and corporations – not to connect the people to the world but to disconnect the people of our country by making them interconnected in their minds.

This is the Matrix....

We are victims of our own ignorance and willful consent and compliance to the tyranny and oppression

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Had the conversation with co-workers today. When, not if, the dollar will collapse. What if everyone didn't pay their mortgage and credit card statements for one month?

Would we collapse the big major banks is just one month? Would we be able to keep the fuel lines, food trucks, payrolls running? But would be rid of our home mortgages and credit card bills? Would the gov't checks still go out?

I'm being simplistic, but would they? Would just JPMorgan and Chase collapse? Do we really need them?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Due to Cyprus - does anyone have any more big deposits in banks? Alot of us have 401K's and pensions in the stockmarket, and a lot of us wish we could just take them out. But the gov't - of course - is already threatening big taxes, but something after taxes is more than nothing after the collapse.

Everyone can see the collapse is planned, to our detriment, and that the stockmarket is artificially inflated now.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'll check back later, no time now.
The link I had is expired and/or no longer exists.
Here is one link I found that, I believe requires no downloading. There's lots of download links if you google it, but to be safe, and just read online, not so much.
Anyway, here is the one I just found that has the option to just read online, as well as download:

archive.org...

top topics

join