It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fed Has Already Imposed A "Cyprus Tax" On U.S. Savers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article from Tyler Durden over at Zerohedge.

So far, Cyprus has not been able to pass such a direct tax against depositors and has gone to Russia for a helping hand. However, the question of whether such an event could happen in the U.S. is a much more interesting point of discussion.

While I find it doubtful, but not totally improbable, that a direct deposit tax would be instituted by domestic banks - the issue of the Fed's monetary policies, particularly since the last recession, has had a significant impact on "savers."

The destruction of principal since the turn of the century, which is far more disastrous than it appears when adjusted for inflation, has ended the dream of retirement for many individuals.

The continued drive by the Fed's monetary policies to artificially suppress interest rates to create a negative interest rate environment for savers is a defacto "tax" on savings

These are only snippets of the article, but after you read the entire piece you will realize that the very taxation we fear may make its way to the American shores has been here with us all along.

Poor banking laws and practices are just the tip of the iceberg when compared to the monetary policies central banks use to strip your wealth right from under your nose.

So, can the U.S. potentially have a direct tax on savings? It's already happened.

Call me stupid or call me an alarmist, but I believe Cyprus is just a warning of what is to come for nations across the globe. We knew we were screwed long ago and we have been talking about it for years.

Now, it seems, we may live to see "it" come to pass.

Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
here comes

smoke em if yah got 'em

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So what have we done in preparation for this as individuals?

Sure the signs are there, the possibilities are there, the Globalist agenda is real..they even have symbolism on your one dollar bill.

Get used to it folks, the economy is just about hanging by the thread...and if you wanna risk your money than it's your choice...just because it's not affecting you now does't mean it's not gonna get to your pocket soon.

Stay safe...Peace

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Call me stupid or call me an alarmist, but I believe Cyprus is just a warning of what is to come for nations across the globe. We knew we were screwed long ago and we have been talking about it for years.

Now, it seems, we may live to see "it" come to pass.

Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

It's too late to do anything.

Even if you are not a "saver" for retirement, the value of the dollar you spend is crap.

Eventually toilet paper will be worth more than the money in your pocket.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

It's too late to do anything.

Although I agree with your OP, I would disagree that it is too late of course, if there is a will there is a way...

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I admire your optimism.

Hope you are right.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just thought I would add this Link.

I guess they have no problem taking people's money.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
From the source:

Those with deposits of less than €100,000 (£85,000) will be spared, but those with more than €100,000 – many of them Russian – will lose billions of euros under draconian terms aimed at preventing the Mediterranean tax haven becoming the first country forced out of the single currency.

"Many of them Russian"

You have to question the wisdom of arbitrarily taking the savings of members of the Russian mob, along with other perhaps retired or corrupt Russian officials.

Do they really want to piss these people off?
edit on 25-3-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Perhaps they just don't care.

I think it's horrible that they are willing to take someones money..period; let alone the money of the mob or former KGB officials.

It's a sad day for everyone. The precedent has been set for these banks and governments to go out and destroy everything and then confiscate your wealth to pay for it.

top topics

join