It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Abuse Animals Like This, You Should Be Publicly Humiliated!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

So these women, (barely) get caught on video, abusing seals. The cameras were installed, because they knew this sort of thing is going on.

I'm sick of this type of crap happening. What the hell is wrong with people? Well, like the article states, we already know. People that can do this, generally don't have much compassion or empathy, for animals, or people.
And we know that the worst of this type of person, can go on to be killers.

So why the heck don't we publicly humiliate these people? Post their picture and their name and offense in the paper or on the news.
Hopefully, they would learn their lesson, and if not, at least the public would know to look out for that person.

I'm getting older. I don't care about the person who could do this type of thing's feelings. If you abuse animals for fun or sport, and your caught on camera or dumb enough to take pictures of it yourself, the world deserves to know what kind of lowlife you really are.

I really wish the seals would have at least taken a chunk out of them.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

That is completely horrible! I can't believe they are not even putting ONE officer on patrol duty to prevent this kind of abuse and are only relying on cameras. The sad part is that shaming these kind of people probably wouldn't work to deter this kind of behavior because any person that would abuse a helpless animal has no sense of shame to begin with! A better idea would be to let other people do to them what they are doing to the seals and televise it as a warning that potential abusers are subject to the "an eye for an eye" treatment!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I can't imagine what is wrong with some people..that is disturbing..even more so, because they are women. We can only hope that these two NEVER have children. I totally agree that public humiliation would be a good dose of medicine for a lot of crimes. I just dont understand how people can be so cruel..I feel really bad when I step on an ant hill or have to kill a wasp and even spiders. I try my best to swish them aside or try to take the spider out..but sometimes they are so big and hairy I just get too scared of being bitten or it coming back and biting my girls..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
O.k, take a deep breath, count to ten and chill the'f out.

This is abuse? I might get flamed here but I'v seen more abuse to Animals in a frikin Zoo. The girls were taking photo's, thats what the flashing lights were. . Yeah they might have got a bit close to them, freaked them out - But abuse? Take a step back people, this isnt abuse - Its stupid, but not abuse

Its a public beach, if theres a real problem and people want to conserve the area then close it off to the public to avoid this stupid behaviour.

Also, has any one even watched the video? The cameras were put there to see the Baby seals, not to catch people abusing Seals. They just happened to catch this stupid behaviour

Abuse...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Obviously you did not read the article.

In the middle of the night, two women sit on harbor seals, kick them or pull their flippers, all the while snapping flash pictures. The animals eventually flee into the water.

And for the record, ANYONE abusing ANY animal, should at the very least, be publicly humiliated. But I really like little's idea even better

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by n00bUK

Obviously you did not read the article.

In the middle of the night, two women sit on harbor seals, kick them or pull their flippers, all the while snapping flash pictures. The animals eventually flee into the water.

And for the record, ANYONE abusing ANY animal, should at the very least, be publicly humiliated. But I really like little's idea even better

I read the article, but didnt see it on the video they passed as proof.

I seen stupid acts, pictures probably been taken to upload on facebook etc. Not one kick was seen whilst watchign that video.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Funny story. Don't know what to think.

It is speculated that people who abuse or kill animals can often go on and abuse or kill humans.

I was actually expecting to see some seals being clubbed and battered to death.

Its very hard to make out what is going on in the video but it looks like a couple of kids(possibly drunk) messing around with a couple of seals. People will do stupid things. Its very hard to tell if any kinda harm is actually been done here. They honestly don't look like future serial killers.

Now I do know of an incident not too far from where I live where baby seals were beaten to death, had their heads cut off and nailed to some wooden signposts. Now those are people that I would be worried about.

What is funny is that these folks who have little else to do and must justify their jobs set up cameras ( good business for some friend of the authorities) then put up signs and close the beach down during the nighttime.
All concerned about a bit of kids messing with a few seals one night , yet what are everyone of us putting into the oceans everyday and how many animals are we poisoning. How many fish and animals are these people whinging pulling from the ocean and eating for their dinner. This fake concern for a few seals so some local muppets can justify their jobs.

If you think this is serious animal abuse you have lived a very sheltered life.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. s&f
Hopefully the women involved feel very silly now it's been publicy broadcast.

Although the video doesn't show the animals being physically attacked, those women are causing them distress.

It said on the video that some of those seals are pregnant and i'm pretty sure they don't need the aggro from two stupid girls.

I too have seen much, much worse cruelty towards animals but hopefully, by setting up cameras and making the place a no go area during evening through to sunrise, it should prevent any further and more violent abuse of these animals.

edit on 21/3/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

You need to get a grip.

We live on a planet where most of the Humans on the planet spend their lives EATING animals.

Do me a favor and go and watch this film ;

earthlings.com...

its a free to view film on the internet. It shows you how we as humans treat animals on this planet.

After you watch come back and look at this story and tell me it matters.

thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Seriously?
All animal abuse matters.
I eat animals. I eat animals that are ethically raised for me, I go to the farm. I have butchered animals to eat myself. I don't abuse them, kick them, let them suffer, or any of that bull.
There is a correct way to do things.
And I have no use for any stupid people that abuse animals.

As to the other poster, unfortunately, I have not lived a sheltered life, and have seen such horrific animal abuse that I will never be able to "unsee". I stop it when I physically see it and have no problems calling the police.
(you don't get to beat your dog with a belt, for barking)
This article just set me off. This is a rant people.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I could never treat an animal that way.

But attitudes toward animals are culturally programmed. Some cultures are indifferent to an animal's point of view.

One cultural norm that is becoming more commonplace in the USA is that the "right" way to treat a dog is to chain it to a tree in the front yard when it is not being walked.

You can see this sort of thing when it comes to the way various sub-cultures view horses. One culture views striking a trained hose with a quirt as a shameful act--the same as striking a child. Another culture views clubbing a horse with a board or tree-branch as a useful technique.

Another culture views eating horse-meat as normal.

Increasingly the idea of horse meat as food is becoming commonplace.

At the

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

We can only hope that these two NEVER have children.

My bet is that these are soccer moms who used to take their kids to this beach, before the seal takeover, and so they are (as the article said) trying to scare them away.

Definitely animal "abuse" (what is described in the article), but there are degrees of abuse, and this is more "harassment" than actual abuse...still wrong, in my opinion, especially as an animal lover, but legally, there should be a separation here.

The cameras, beach closure at night, and routine patrols are prudent measures, I think, and should help to curb this kind of activity.

Increasingly the idea of horse meat as food is becoming commonplace.

Yeah...sickens me as a horse owner and horse lover though....

edit on 21-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I love animals, and I'm not considered soft by anyone, but being an animal lover, this breaks my heart. And at the same time, it infuriates tbe hell out of me. People who abuse helpless animals should have the sh!+ kicked out of them publicly. Kids and animals are my soft spots, and I'd kick some a$$ on their behalf.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

please watch the movie.

its free

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
this is animal abuse.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join