It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 out of 50 US schoolchildren is autistic: gov't survey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
CDC: 1 in 50 schoolkids has autism
Read more at www.wnd.com...

The study involved asking parents if thier children had autism. A previous study using medical records resulted in a 1 in 88 result.

There has to be a connection to something! Whether it's vaccines, flouride, or something else; This needs to be studied!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There really is only two options

Either we're more aware of the condition and "overdiagnosing", else it's environmental in cause.

I don't buy the first. It seems to be related to the mucking up of the environment.

Now, as to any one source? LOL, good luck with that.

Shades of Autism likely due to various environmental pollutants interacting with genetic susceptabilities.

We done crossed a tipping point a while back, and this is just one indicator of that.
edit on 20-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wait until it’s one out of two people.

There will be the ones that think like them, and the ones that don’t. The ones that don’t will be medicated until they think like them.

There is nothing wrong with the people. The government is just using drugs for social control. Numbing the more energetic and outgoing of the population until everyone is a good little well behaved citizen.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Autism is caused by a Vitamin C deficiency....

Vitamin C has been shown to have a calming effect on behavior in humans (5). In animals, stereotyped behavior, one of the characteristics of autism (3), was reduced by treatment with vitamin C (6). Scientists hypothesize that vitamin C has these effects because it affects the brain signaling system called the glutamatergic system (7) and/or the brain’s response to an important neurotransmitter called dopamine (6)

This double-blind experiment showed that high doses of vitamin C in children with autism had significant positive effects on behavior, compared against their own behavior scores when they were taking a placebo.

One published research report on treatment of children with autism used a dose of 8 grams/70 kg/day (or about 2 grams daily for a 40-pound child) divided into two or three doses (2).

Another explanation for the effectiveness of vitamin C is its anti-oxidant properties (1). Some researchers have theorized that children with autism may have more trouble managing free radicals than other children do (8, 9). Free radicals are naturally-occurring chemicals that play important roles in normal functions in the body, but also can cause damage in the brain, immune system, and other tissues or organs in the body.

Source

I understand the skeptisim with thinking that Vitamin C is a panacea for all things..., but if you read the medical studies you will be convinced that it is.

In HIGH DOSES, it will cure just about every disease and ailment in this world.

The medical reports and studies are out there, but he pharmaceutical giants don't want you to learn this information.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Sure, that makes sense... because a cold is caused by a vitamin deficiency as well... WTF??

That, IN NO WAY, proves causation, AT ALL!!!

...not only that, it is INCREDIBLY far-fetched, as we are intaking more vitamin c every decade, than the prior.

Not saying vitamin c may lead to helping the body deal with WHATEVER is going on in these individuals body, but it's not "caused by vitamin c deficiency".
edit on 20-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

I find this very disturbing.
I don't know about anyone else, but I have definitely seen an inordinate rate of autism among children born to active duty military members.

Just by myself, I know at least 15 - 20 families with autistic or otherwise special needs children. I'm sure I can't be the only one noticing this either. I imagine that if the rate was that high in the regular civilian population, there would be a lot more noise being generated than there is.

I have heard stories from military doctors describing a link to "Cleans, Lubricates and Protects" (Otherwise known as CLP.) that the military uses on rifles. But, I don't have any kind of evidence of this. It's just rumor or speculation as far as I know.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

If you actually believe that then I feel sorry for any kids you will have or have had.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Interesting.

They also give more vaccinations to military men than the civilian population as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
what's the rate in unvaccinated children?
el zippo?
since the gut is 9o percent of the immune system and is affected by Vitamine c....and what ever else...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I really understand the skeptism regarding Vitamin C.

It sounds crazy doesn't it.

However, if you understand just what Vitamin C does to the brain you would believe.

I provided a link in my above post to a medical study that proves the effectiveness of Vitamin C on autisum.

It also showed in the study that the children with autism were "vitamin c deficient".

These are not my statements, these are statement of medical doctors.

This is why we will continue to have children suffer - because people are too skeptical that vitamin c plays a huge role.

And until that happens the ignorance will continue.

YOUR BRAIN ON VITAMIN C:

Vitamin C is a vital antioxidant molecule in the brain. However, it also has a number of other important functions, participating as a co-factor in several enzyme reactions…

The highest concentrations of ascorbate in the body are found in the brain and neuroendocrine tissues such as adrenal, although the brain is the most difficult organ to deplete of ascorbate.

Combined with regional asymmetry in ascorbate distribution within different brain areas, these facts suggest an important role for ascorbate in the brain.

Ascorbate is proposed as a neuromodulator of glutamatergic, dopaminergic, cholinergic and GABAergic transmission and related behaviors.

Neurodegenerative diseases typically involve high levels of oxidative stress and thus ascorbate has been posited to have potential therapeutic roles against ischemic stroke, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and Huntingdon's disease.

The functions of ascorbate in the CNS and brain are numerous. Essentially effecting neurotransmitters, dopamine and glutamate (learning and memory transmitters) cholinergic receptor (addictions).

PubMed

I also highly suggest you read the thread in my signature: Vitamin C - What You Don't Know May Kill You.

I assure you - Vitamin C plays a huge role in Autism. There are additional reports that Vitamin D also plays a huge role.

I guarantee YOU are vitamin c deficient - unless you've never been sick in your life.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CommanderCraCra

Yes, a cold is caused by a vitamin c deficiency - you are joking aren't you?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I truly feel sorry that you are uneducated about the importance of vitamin C.

I can only ask that you read the thread in my signature and become informed about all the things that vitamin c does for the body.

I've had the fortune to meet one of the leading doctors in the country regarding vitamin c and it's healing ability for spinal injuries a few weeks ago, and who is now having his research team do studies on the effiacy to generate nerve cell growth.

I'm very, very serious about the role vitamin c has on the entire body and you would be better off learning about it rather than dismissing it entirely.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I provide care for a 10 year old boy that is a low functioning autistic. This child will eat an entire bag of oranges in a sitting if allowed (strangely his favourite food). It is so bad that they have had to be locked up at his home in a wooden pantry because he eats so many he throws up. Upon discovering their "hiding place" he proceeded to bust the pantry to get to them.

Never has he shown any signs of improvement, progress or change after consuming them. I have disallowed them here because it causes a lot of issues and he also hasn't regressed due to lack of vitamin C. I have also seen studies indictating that caffeine can positively affect children with certain disorders (autism, ADHD/ADD, aspergers) - this boy steals his mother's coffee each and every morning and nope, still no change!

I love my friend and all his funny quirks. Today, after being in my care for over 2 years, he said "Thank You" when I hung up his coat for him for the first time ever! He can also recite every episode of Thomas the Tank Engine from memory, and can sing the theme song in 3 different languages (self taught). Maybe that's the result of all those oranges

I do agree that the quick rise in cases is astounding and scary. I believe it must be environmental, although not exactly sure what the cause may or may not be. My friend's mother believes it was vaccines, and has turned down any of them for her younger daughter. There are so many toxins and chemicals in everything we breathe, eat, drink and inject these days....it's overwhelming to try to figure it out...When my friend was first diagnosed at the age of 2 (8 years ago), the numbers were 1 in 150. 8 short years later we are seeing 1 in 80. I'm not sure I would allow the study results asking parents that resulted in the 1 in 50 answer...but regardless, the numbers are jaw dropping...

Michelle

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think that they have broadened the criteria to be considered Autistic. I could be wrong. I know that big hand book thingy they use to help diagnose is changed every year.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
MMR vaccine over there?

That's what id go with.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Michelle, thank you for sharing your story.

I find it highly interesting of his crave of oranges. His body is craving vitamin c.

But here's the problem. He can't get enough by eating oranges or in his diet. He needs High Doses. The only way he is going to get the doses he needs is by either IV (which will be very difficult to get) or by Liposomal. High enough doses cannot be obtained through supplements or eating lots of oranges

When I had the doctor who is doing studies on this actually try my Liposomal Vitamin C his comment was it made him feel incredibly peaceful but very alert and he strongly felt this could be very beneficial for people with anxiety.

One of the big things about Autism is the amount of oxidents and free radicals in the body, both of which Vitamin C have a profound affect on. Vitamin C is one of the best anti-oxidents and distroyer of free radicals which is directly tied to many diseases.

I would encourge the family to google vitamin c and autism, there is some research and lots of speculation. More studies most definately need to be done. But there is definately a connection.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Yes, a cold is caused by a vitamin c deficiency - you are joking aren't you?

Just so I understand the exact ridiculousness of your statement. . you are stating that FIRST comes the vitamin C deficiency, and not the EXPANDED NEED for vitamin C, due to the EXACT circumstances at hand... correct

LOL!!

So that we are clear. Vitamin C has over 10,000 known metabolic functions within the human body, documented over the decades. That one may need higher doses of ascorbic acid when diseased states are induced, in no way promotes the statement that "vitamin c deficiency causes autism".

It's more that, SOMETHING causes the cluster of symptoms that we label as "autism", and increased intake of ascorbic acid MAY help reduce SOME of the symptoms.
edit on 21-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
From a parent who has gone through the testing process for my child (who turned out not to be autistic). I can tell you it sucks to know that something is not right with your child, and not know how to help your child. I have read about and tried to figure it out myself.
There are studies done in Europe by doctors saying it is linked to the MMR vaccine, you have doctors in the USA saying no. I almost wonder if it is not a combination of several things. Vaccines, poor diet, all these GMO's in our food, or are we just diagnosing all these kids with it so we get more funding for schools?
Not really sure what is causing this, or why all a sudden it is prevalent. Or are we just trying to find some little pill to cure everything? Does big pharmacies have anything to do with? Just maybe the engineered this spectrum disorder with a cure in mind to make more money?
Or maybe I am just crazy and do not trust those people who tell me that this pill will fix you.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Yes, I am saying that these children are born with a vitamin c deficiency. Now if we want get into semantics, the root of the cause is toxins and metals. However, if the fetus has enough vitamin c to counteract these toxins the baby is protected from getting autism. Hence the child is born with a vitamin c deficiency.

You will probably also not believe that SIDS or crib death is also a cause of vitamin c deficiency, along with polio, aids, MS, etc, etc.

Autism Prevention:

Less than 1% of all doctors in the USA are even aware that vitamin C takes all minerals, including heavy metals out of the body. It’s not true chelation, as vitamin C combines metabolically, but it’s the same result. Take out all, and put back in what is needed. Most doctors even believe that the RDA (recommended daily allowance) of 75 mg is correct for good health, when 4000 mg is the RDA for a 150 pound ape. (Apes are more valuable it seems.)

Mineral analysis of people who use 2000-5000 mg (2-5 grams) per day of vitamin C for a year or so show heavy metals toxicity so low it is immeasurable. We have an epidemic of autism, mostly caused by mercury, aluminum, and/or lead toxicity. This toxicity is increasing in our culture and pregnant women are more and more subject to this environmental poisoning.

This is creating infant toxicity before birth such that the infant liver may be near toxic levels, and the addition of vaccines using these preservatives overloads the infant liver and actually kills brain cells. A simple and cheap prevention is to have any pregnant woman start on 4 grams per day of cheap vitamin C (less than $30 for 9 months supply at Costco). If she takes 2 1000 mg tablets at breakfast and 2 more at dinner, and then takes pre-natal vitamins and vitamins at lunch, the “shared” blood stream of mother and fetus will be gradually cleared of mercury and other heavy metals.

This allows the birth of a baby that is not near toxic levels in that tiny liver, and now is able to handle further toxic loads after entering the world.

Autism is a “bankruptcy” disease to families. Instead of spending millions on “cure”, let’s spend a small amount on prevention.

But doctors need to be re-educated about vitamin C. Big Pharma has done a job with their refutation of Linus Pauling, and the other scientists work below.

Source

Dr. Frederick R. Klenner’s Clinical Guide to the Use of Vitamin C

His work on mercury toxic doses and vitamin C is particularly to the point

Ascorbic Acid - Dr. Klenner

The complete text of Irwin Stone’s book The Healing Factor is posted for free reading at:

Irwin Stone - The Healing Factor

edit on 21-3-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Just so I understand the exact ridiculousness of your statement. . you are stating that FIRST comes the vitamin C deficiency, and not the EXPANDED NEED for vitamin C, due to the EXACT circumstances at hand... correct

YES! Exactly!

Vitamin C:

~ Your body needs it to survive - without it you will die

~ Your body doesn't make it.

~ Your body doesn't store it.

~ Your body needs to be replenished every several hours

~ It is a power anti-oxident.

~ It is a powerful pro-oxident.

~ It removes toxins and free radicals from the body

~ You can't get enough of it in your diet.

~ And because of this deficiency, our body cannot defend itself against most ALL diseases, cancers and viruses.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join