It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a certain 90's(?) tv series any help please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
there was a short run (i think only a few episodes) tv series i saw by chance back in the mid 90's i think it was that i have been searching for. main problem is i don't remember the name of it.

the idea is a special group of police is set up where they get to keep and use the things they seize, things like cash guns and cars.

i only saw a couple partial episodes but was something that looked really cool, and so i have been trying to find it for years, not knowing the title has not helped at all. any help in finding this show would be appreciated.
edit on 20-3-2013 by generik because: hit enter after typing title in, never actually wrote anything else and it posted lol

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
completely slipped your mind did it?

Ahh wild guess, Law and Order?

got it up now but that does not sound like Law and Order
edit on 20-3-2013 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
actually i don't think i ever saw the into or title coming in partway through.

don't think law and order all those series (which i watch), have to do more with the courts and justice system after the police do their bit

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The show was on FOX called Fastlane. Its from 2002.

Fastlane-Wiki

Slow day on ats when I am answering these questions haha. Hope I could help.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I got bad news for you. It wasn't a TV show.....It was a documentary.

As the saying goes, Cops have the best drugs.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I hope evilsanta dude got it right because I tried to help and went to the Wiki of cop shows...

it was HUGE and had only titles, without synopses. If the above guess isn't right, I can drop the link to the Wiki... but it would take hours to go through and much longer to cross check.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
From the wiki -

Operating with the motto "Everything we seize, we keep. Everything we keep, we use,"

On another note good news for the OP according to the wiki the original cast may return to do a feature length film based on the show.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
thanks for the try. it wasn't fastlane (tho it looks good as well). similar idea behind it tho from what i have seen so far. perhaps fastlane was a remake of the one i am looking for.

it would have aired sometime before 1997 as from where i watched it i moved from at around that time.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

was it 21 jump street?

or Hammer?

they're close.

well.. from the 90s..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
no was neither of those, heh i thought 21 jump st was earlier than that say late 70's

loved Sledge Hammer! esp the talking gun

i would have seen it on either a new york or southern ontario chanel since i was using rabbit ears, no cable, definitely took place in the states. i always think of Bad Boys (not the movies) as possibly being the title but i suspect that was just leading me astray in my search, i know i had to have seen it between 94 and 97 due to where i lived and when i got my tv. but there is a chance it was a rerun, video quality of it seemed to say it was fairly recent at that time tho. it also may have only been a few episodes since i am certain that i saw the first episode and maybe one or two more episodes. within a couple months of seeing it (got stuck working a couple weeks, then couldn't find it anymore), seemed to have disapered completely, which is why i think it was a short run, read canceled series.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Brooklyn South?

Cracker?

High Incident?

Murder One?

Go here and search the list for shows that aired in the date range and the country specific.

en.wikipedia.org...

I looked around a little but not to many match your date range and short length of airing in USA.

Sure does sound like Fastlane. Did the show you watched have the Candystore?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It may be even before that...Miami Vice?

en.wikipedia.org...

You may have seen reruns of this, and got it towards the end of the run on that channel.
The idea of the show was two cops who posed as dealers, drove the seized cars, etc. and infiltrated Miami's drug culture. This show SCREAMED 80's though, (heck, it even DEFINED some of it, so maybe not it)....

See....now you have that theme song playing in your head...don't ya?

edit on 21-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join