It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{MUST-WATCH} Ben Swann Full Disclosure: US Funding Al Qaeda in Syria. The Story You Haven't Heard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
whoa!
The syrian rebels are not syrian at all!!!

Whoa?? This has been common knowledge for two years. Why did it take you guys so long to wake up. There's been no shortage of threads about the global Jihad spreading relentlessly in the Middle East and Europe. Wait, let me guess, radical Islam was a fictional bogeyman created by the neo-cons and you didn't think Al-Qaeda actually existed. Ok then.

Glad to see it getting the attention it deserves finally.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Whoa?? This has been common knowledge for two years.

Common knowledge?
Really?

You really think this knowledge is common?
You sure you don't want to change the word common to esoteric?

Common?
So if you go outside over 50% of people you talk to will know this?

Common????

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

it is only not common due to willful ignorance.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This thread has over 100 flags just because a MSM oulet has reported on the truth that many ATS posters have been exposing (with next to zero attention) for almost 2 years!!!!!

The real question is, why is Ben Swann allowed to report this on a FOX affiliated channel?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
The real question is, why is Ben Swann allowed to report this on a FOX affiliated channel?

Regional Fox stations are independant from National Fox news.
In fact regional fox stations are not too fond of national fox news, I know because i've spoken with them.

I don't mean they aren't fond of their journalistic integrity, I mean they aren't fond of them trying to have even 1% control over them.
edit on 20-3-2013 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
I like Ben Swann and I think he is one of the few reporters worth hearing. However, I was not to impressed with the video and did not hold the same standards as some of his other reports.

IMO it lacked evidence and it only had a single source coming from a video blogger?

well some of the mainstream media quote OFFCIALS as teh suppliers of their information. Officials of what?? of who ?? I am the official leader of my home they could have gotten the information from me... i am an official
edit on 20-3-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am surprised by the response...or shall we say the lack of questioning. I have no doubt that our gov would interfere in this way but hey, you are taking the word of one man who may have an agenda of his own. Question everything ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Syria is a bloody sham....phoney rebels, are hired terrorists from other nations funded by other nations.......
Saudi, Quatari,Jordanian,UAE, and more....
Syria MUST fall......
After all its a mere stepping stone on the grand chessboard.....

And its in the way of the war on Iran....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Everyone of a reasonable IQ realises that the so-called rebels in Syria, the same as the rebels in Lybia were, are paid mercenaries committing atrocities that can then be blamed on the regime in power. Britain, France and the USA are behind most of it, and the object is eventually to be able to claim that in order to stop 'atrocities' the UN will have to declare a no-fly zone over Syria. This will enable UN forces to do what they did in Libya - bomb the existing regime out of existence and bomb any resisting civilians into submission. This will include cutting off their power and water supplies. A US friendly puppet government will be then put in place in Syria, the 'rebels' will be paid by getting access to government funds, and Iran will be next on the list.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I knew where this world was going after 9/11 so I left the service and tried to warn my brothers and sisters at arms. Unfortunately since the wars I predicted had not started yet they thought I was paranoid and did not follow. Now they have blood on their hands and they will be judged for it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm glad when something I believed to be true turns out to be true.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XGodofWar

Wow, a soldier who got ahead of the curve. I can't believe it. Congratulations.

There is another thread at the moment on ATS related to a soldier paralyzed shortly after deployment to Iraq, who has written a very bitter letter to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, full of recriminations against them for their numerous lies in fomenting the Iraq war and calling for them to be treated like the war criminals they are.

Some responders in the thread have said words to the effect of "Suck it up. You signed up for it." They have a point.

The American military as it is in our time, is not a citizen's army. It is an Army of employees. The American military is a mercenary force, in essence. Yes, it is dressed up in the trappings of patriotism. Yes many if not all of its employees serve in the spirit of patriotism. The fact remains that the only truly citizen army is a conscripted army in which it is the civic and patriotic duty of every able bodied citizen to serve in the military.

The elite or oligarchs, who own the United States of America, and who operate it largely in their own interests, ran into a lot of trouble during the Vietnam War, at a time when the US did have a Citizen's Army, a military composed of conscripts from across a wide segment of the American population. The growing opposition to the Vietnam War led to widespread civil unrest and violence in the streets by large numbers of citizens who opposed that war for a variety of reasons.

The American population as a whole had a stake in the doings of the military at the time because so many of America's young people, across all segments of the society were involved in those doings.

The way the oligarchs navigated around that problem was to buy the military, in the sense of abandoning conscription in favor of soliciting volunteers. The parents of volunteers (employees) are much less politically responsive to anything undertaken by the military. I'm sure they don't like it if the military starts running amuck, as they did in Vietnam and to a lesser extent in Iraq, but, and this is the important point, they have no potent avenue of recourse in protest, as the relatives and friends of conscripts did and would.

This did not happen by accident. The oligarchical elite in the United States buys its way out of problems when it can and murders its way out when it can't.

In the case of the military they have bought the military, just as they bought both political parties in order to subvert the political process in the United States.

However, in going to a "volunteer" army they have strongly attempted to maintain the illusion of "volunteering" as a patriotic duty and as something done in the same spirit that military conscripts approached military service in times past, that is, civic and patriotic duty. Most "volunteers/employees" do not realize that they are operating in a military system that is fundamentally different than the one all previous generations of American veterans have done since the first use of conscription during the Civil War.

Conscription was used in the WW1 for an important reason:

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1917 the administration of Woodrow Wilson decided to rely primarily on conscription, rather than voluntary enlistment, to raise military manpower for World War I when only 73,000 volunteers enlisted out of the initial 1 million target in the first six weeks of the war.[10] One claimed motivation was to head off ex-president Theodore Roosevelt, who proposed to raise a volunteer division, which would upstage Wilson, however there is no evidence that even Roosevelt had the popularity to overcome the unpopular war.

I don't want to discuss the military in any wide ranging sense in this post. Technological developments mean that smaller numbers of military personnel can do more than they could in the past, but the military demands of a large international economic empire offset this to some degree so that large numbers of people are still required to meet America's military "needs".

However, moving to a "volunteer" army in today's context, as a political move, was a game changer. The challenge that American military personnel face with respect to service as an employee, is to replace the political backing of the population, given to a conscript army, with something that can serve them just as well.

American soldiers, if they are going to be treated and mistreated as employees in the workplace, absolutely must organize themselves into labor unions to battle for better working conditions on the battlefield and more say in just what they are being ordered to do.

Where is the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations in this? American soldiers ought to be talking to them.
edit on 21-3-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This does not shock me for one second.

We all know our Western Intelligence Community arent the persons they claim to be , i strongly believe that even before the big turn of events in syria these agency's were physically on the ground to set up logistics for their operations.

these clandestine operations could very easy be manipulated so outsiders will think it was a attack by Syrian rebel forces or the Syrian Army.

Because there is no control or investigation into these attacks it is very hard to find the actual perpetrator

and lets be honest , would you investigate every bombing or attack when your already occupied with getting a grip on your country and you even lack manpower for that.

These Intelligence Organisations know this more then anyone , in Conflict situations it is real easy to pull something and get away with it in the Chaos , on a personal view i see this as pure logic.

they dont have to create a distraction because that is already ongoing through the meaning of the Conflict and the lack of any Law Enforcing Factions.

On a personal level i support non of the Fighing factions in Syria , they are all Crooks with hidden Agenda's

Oke i Understand your frustration against this Assad , but Executing Soldiers who surrendered or Torture them, who even hate assad but if they would go AWOL their family would probably face the firing squad or local executioner is beyond human and can never be Justified.

As for any Foreign Government such as Russia and China , The US , Iran , Turkey or Millitary pact's such as Nato , The UN.
They dont do jack $h#t about it , i know this is a delicate situation because the involvement of other Nations surrounding Syria but that is why they are all needed at the table to discuss solutions.

This is taking too long , and it looks like The Talking ended a long time ago , They seem to have ripped the Telephone out of the wall and smashed it.

TheGreazel.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Much love and respect to Ben Swann. I hope he stays careful and aware of his immediate surroundings.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We're discussing this topic on ATS Live! tonight!

There are more details on the show in the link

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Al Qaeda are the good guys

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenpachi7
Al Qaeda are the good guys

Lol, yeah.. Al Qaeda are the good guys
.. The "good guys" are the ones who bomb and kill innocent men, women, and children, act like barbaric animals wherever they roam, and rape as they please.. That makes sense, that is if you are a mentally depraved individual.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

yeah, same deal as Libya. Same deal as in Egypt. Same.

The truth will eventually come to light and their little club will become a stain they will have to hide.

Back lash much.....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That's crazy.
I mean i'm not surprised, I knew it wasn't a real revolution but I thought it was domestic thugs that were 'bought'
But these "rebels" aren't even syrian, that's a little surprising.

This Ibrahim guy said something awesome, he said a revolution does not have huge funding, it's just led by the people.
That is so true!

Sad times we live in

This is not the least bit surprising to me. We did exactly the same in Libya. Watch what happens... There will be an enormous false flag event, it will be blamed on the Syrian government, a no fly zone will be declared over Syria, and we will bomb the government out of existence, bomb the people into submission, pay the 'rebels' off with stolen money, and impose a new government that we have huge influence over...
edit on 2/4/13 by Watcher26 because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join