It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria accuses rebels of using chemical weapons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Curious

en.wikipedia.org...

The fact that chlorine starts with ch like chrome and has a pale yellow color has a lot of connected symbolism.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
reply to post by intrptr

Curious

en.wikipedia.org...

The fact that chlorine starts with ch like chrome and has a pale yellow color has a lot of connected symbolism.

Victims "smelled it", so...

That Reuters bounces all over the place talking about chemical shells and Scuds, airstrikes, whatever. It was designed to confuse us.

The victims smelled chlorine. The pink smoke from some blast could be to disguise the attack, no? Besides any chlorine attack is a fog drifted on the wind. A bomb and fire would destroy the effectiveness. Its a dispersant by vapor, not burning.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Is there a way to listen to the show if I missed it?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Maybe I misunderstood you? From your Wiki link...

Iraq War
Main article: 2007 chlorine bombings in Iraq
Chlorine gas has also been used by insurgents against the local population and coalition forces in the Iraq War in the form of chlorine bombs. On March 17, 2007, for example, three chlorine-filled trucks were detonated in the Anbar province killing two and sickening over 350.[64] Other chlorine bomb attacks resulted in higher death tolls, with more than 30 deaths on two separate occasions.[65] Most of the deaths were caused by the force of the explosions rather than the effects of chlorine, since the toxic gas is readily dispersed and diluted in the atmosphere by the blast. The Iraqi authorities have tightened security for elemental chlorine, which is essential for providing safe drinking water for the population.

That would say that chlorine could be dispersed by a bomb. Pink smoke could be a marker to help the bombers to identify the cloud. Or again, as a distraction. Chlorine is an oxidizer, so everything it touched would oxidize (get a coating of "powder").

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Did anyone ever get any resolution on this for how 'tptb' determined all the people died?

As many know, I'm working on a very lengthy, very comprehensive thread on North Korea which should be up late tonight with luck. The thing is, I came across something almost thrown into an intelligence report as an afterthought. It's the statements of DPRK defectors and it predates any of the current crisis by a good number of years.

It specifically mentioned "bombs capable of depleting oxygen within a limited area, upon explosion".

The reports are designated as unconfirmed at the time and without something else overlapping, I'd go with the analyst's note in assuming it referred to Fuel/Air mixture weapons.

Then it hit me hard that .wait.. We'd JUST seen an alleged attack with chemical weapons that, whatever it might have actually been, had the effect in what was described in some real detail within the OP link to the reuters article here of what this DPRK defector reported they'd been testing there. MANY years apart.

Anyone know of a chemical weapon that simply depletes oxygen? I know a number of gasses displace oxygen and so totally that suffocation can happen very quickly underground or in other closed spaces. Anything been thought up and tested that would actually do that in the open, across a relatively small area?

* It would be the ultimate chemical weapon. All the lethality ...no residue or left over hazard? (shivers)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Probably was Israel

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join