It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gives a crap about the new pope

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by SilentKoala

The Lord gave Moses the Ten Commandments, Cut in Stone, a symbol that God's Law is Firm, the final word that's cut in stone. The Lord left Heaven his home, to come to earth and guide us back to the Father! Of all God's creatures we were the most disorientated. After his mission he left us an ambassador "The Pope" to keep us on track. The Pope is the True link between man and his GOD!

So if they are the ten laws/rules that are set in stone, then where's all the gay stuff?
If homosexuality was sooooo important, wouldn't god have told moses to write it down?

And don't start posting Leviticus.... I'm talking about in STONE... 10 commandments.

If it was soooo important wouldn't it be

11 Commandments

11 - Don't bone a dude or a chick if you are one.
edit on 15/3/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Wow, wow, and wow..first off, you don't have much of an understanding what religions, including, but not limited to Christianity, are about at all. As far as the selection of a new pope not being a big deal, and your preference to have the front page be dedicated to news of starving people in the world day in and day out - I honestly can't tell if you're just joking, or confused as to what the Pope is. A world religious leader who has, in many ways, more power than any head of state (and I'm talking political power, not magical divine powers. Are you truly unaware of what the Pope is, or do you just despise religion so much that you can't even see that aspect.

Your statement about us all knowing that religion is a bunch of BS is almost as ludicrous and laughable as the rest of your statement. Sure, if you're one of those people who can only really see the very surface of religious writings, intended for the most ignorant of the ignorant masses, it may seem that way, or if your primary exposure to religion is what you've observed of people who just plain "don't get it", I coukd understand your view, but it isn't even logical to say that its BS. Are you trying to say that knowledge and understanding are BS? Or are you simply stuck in a small-minded "obviously people or those understood to be 'Gods' can't walk on water, descend from the sky down to earth or rain destructive fire down from the sky to destroy a city"-type mentality?

Even if you think every story from every religious text ever is complete and total fiction, do you not see that there are points to the information? Can you not see that they have had, and continue to have a major effect on humanity? (yes, yes, let me guess, you also believe all religions have done is create wars, seeing as you actually believe people weren't nice to each other until Jesus came along.)

Do you truly believe the Pope, through the strength and Will, and yes, wealth, collectively, of the Catholic Church don't do anything useful? Millions of hungry aren't fed, or shown and given the tools to access fresh water? I don't know if you were alive in the 1980's, but there was a little incident where a Pope essentially single-handedly brought an end to ruthless communism in Poland, and set in motion the chain of events which ultimately brought down the Berlin Wall, and then the breakup of the Soviet Union.

I mean really...if ignorance is bliss, congratulations, you must be living on heckuva wonderful life.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I like this thread. LMAO

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
To take the Edge a bit off this thread i will share a secret

My last name in Dutch is Paus wich direct translation is Pope!

Imagine going to a new school and have to introduce yourself too your classmates and when you pronounce your name the whole class start to laugh.

i didnt care though and dont do now , i dont even respond when people dont call me Pope

I just can not understand that if you have so much power as an Organisation your not even trying to go into the history books as the Organisation that ended all the BS that is going on for centuries on this planet.

if you have so much power why not say stop this sh$%@t now , look at us , when did we stop being human.

TheGreazel.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Not in the slightest, but I figure to each their own. My non belief of anything religious or any religious person is no more valid than their belief of said religion and religious people. So long as their beliefs do not interfere with me not believing then to each their own.

Interfere with just you? YOU are a member of the human race. If one thing affects us all, then it should affect you. If this con game of religion is to finally come to an end, we need to ban together and demand that people grow up and stop believing in fairy tales -

fairy tales that kill,
fairy tales that control many ignorant lives,
fairy tales that put irrational fear into many,
fairy tales that tell you to risk getting AIDS because condoms are a sin against god,
fairy tales that forbid the use of birth control even when you are living in abject poverty,
fairy tales that tell you to condemn gay people,
fairy tales that treat women as inferior to men,

fairy tales that have convinced many that if their innocent newborn baby dies it will burn in hell for all eternity if it doesn't receive a baptism to wash away the original sin (I'm talking about the imaginary original sin that was committed by two imaginary people living in an imaginary garden and tempted by an imaginary evil serpent.)

fairy tales demanding that you not to eat meat on Fridays,
I could go on, but I'm tired.
edit on 3/16/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The wrong man was made Pope. Here is the real man they should have given it to:

After all he WON the Nobel Peace Prize so he deserves being the pope, right?? (Just kidding)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
He is there as a spiritual father who will offer to you and me and the whole world guidance. If you try to follow this guidance you will experience a peace like you have never had before. Let go of the secular, physical world for at least once and let the power of God into your body and life. God IS Real and Miracles DO Happen.

Yes, and the Pope is empowered to cast out demons.

They made a great choice!

1.2 Billion Catholics cheered when he appeared!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
yeah, it's almost like reading about little wayne, or whoever he is, going to the hospital. Who cares, at least on the level of giving it tons of coverage. By the way, I wish the new pope and little wayne well, just don't make me hear about them every time i turn around.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreazel
It is funny to see a Organisation that commited Murder extorsion and slavery for Centuries is so loved ,

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Detergent

The problem here is the whole "leader" concept. He's not a leader, and people are dolts if the "follow" the directives of this guy(or, for that matter, ANY "leader"). The big danger here is that, as a "power person" of a large religion, he can actually affect the actions, thoughts, and beliefs of those weak and impressionable souls that subjugate themselves to the (bizarre!) catholic "church".
No man speaks for God, God speaks to no man exclusively, and God has never written anything to command or instruct humanity. All claims to the contrary are bogus, and the root cause of humanity's problems with religion.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He is already God of the universe, to demote him would be unfair, he is kind loving devil

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join