It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gives a crap about the new pope

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wish these so called religious leaders would practice what they preach!

Quote from jesus: (Matthew 21:12)

“ ‘My house will be called a house of prayer, but you are making it ‘a den of robbers"

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted this as i've been asking myself the same question.

It's just another peedo in a dress.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I agree with you wholesale. I was raised Catholic and am no longer following. Religion is in the heart, not in giving donations to a organization that want to control your life.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When something bad happens, religious folks say, "It is Gods will" or "God works in mysterious ways". The New Age folks say, "We create our own reality" or, "It is Karma". All things considered, whenever I hear of another child that has been abused by parents, murdered or harmed by a pedophile, tortured or killed in war, NONE of those explanations suffice. A child that suffers sexual abuse at the hands of a trusted clergy...no one can explain that to me properly. I'm confused and would rather just live life as a good and decent person and not subscribe to any belief system if no one can explain what was mentioned above. Random acts of kindness mean more than words/prayers and promises. Treat others with respect, kindness and love, that speaks to me more than anything else.

You are right, the Pope matters not when there is so much more going on in the world that needs to be addressed. This fellow in fancy clothes, bullet proof cars and so on. I venture to guess his faith is not a strong consideration since he needs such a protected car/mobile. Where is his faith relevant to being protected by a greater power?
edit on 14-3-2013 by shrevegal because: added thought

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Firstly, I am not interested in the new pope - I am the master of my own destiny.

But check this out...........

I'm already tired of the media frenzy surrounding the new president/elected leader. So a new guy is selected to put on a bunch of expensive bling and prance around in a ridiculous costume while espousing his ideas and interpretations of things people wrote thousands of years ago that we all know is a bunch of BS anyway, and the media deems it more newsworthy than anything else. The president/elected leader doesn't contribute anything valuable to society whatsoever; he isn't creating a new product to make our lives better and more efficient, he isn't curing any diseases, and he isn't fighting to expose injustices (and in fact is probably fighting to cover them up.)

What I'd like to know is where is the frenzy about the latest research being done to cure AIDS.................and the president/elected leader story ought to be relegated to the 'Offbeat' section of the local paper.

Here's a brief crash course in politics/population control: A few thousand years ago, some people discovered a powerful secret: the ability to make others feel guilty allows you to influence their behaviour.. All politics/population control is an exploitation of this fact. A few thousand years went by with nobody becoming any the wiser, and after all the cruelties and injustices caused by politics/population control, some individuals came along and told them they were doing it all wrong. Be nice to people or you'll go to jail/be executed, they said. Sure, it got people to be nice to each other, which was an improvement, but it was still the same old ruse: use fear and guilt to manipulate behaviour. Then their teachings were mixed with a bunch of other political ideas and a new system/country was born. Of course, mankind loving power as much as they do, built this new system/country up to become the most powerful entity in the world (any guesses?) and suppressed all kinds of important scientific truths, burned people at the stake/assassinated people who disagreed with them, and perpetuated some of the worst injustices in history. They've since mellowed down a bit/changed tactics, but a couple billion (7 billion - give or take) people still waste their lives away participating in this delusional fantasy.

It really irks me that this is being given as much significance by people as it is. It doesn't reflect very highly on the intelligence of the human race.

The Pope, The president, The Prime minister, The King, The Queen, The General........it matters not - it is all part of The Agenda - that being the total domination of the individual and every aspect of his/her life.

If we do not unite against the tyranny that exists in the world (religious, political, military), and soon, we are headed for slavery of a kind the world has never witnessed!

So, my question is........what are we going to do about it?

I would say if you where hired by the governmeent to say that, you would probably be hired to help incite a rebellion/revolution in the people.

They want a reaction, they are tired of doing all the false flags, they just want another legitimate reason to tighten the rope than another one they have to orchestrate. It makes them feel rotten. They also have a coinscience, although it is rotten to the core.

You on minimum wage right?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Childish post, you come across like a petulant emo child who hasn't been raised to respect the beliefs or opinions of others, and now rants that they aren't getting enough attention. I'm an atheist, and scientist, you don't care about the new Pope, clearly, what do you care enough about the recent discovery of the Higgs Boson, nothing, you didn't feel compelled to state any post upon it because you are uneducated about it and as well it wouldn't garner you any attention. Be quite child until you have something of worth to add to the global communication.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I would love to agree with you OP. The only thing is, is that the Holy See shapes opinion world wide. Personally, I feel its in out best interest to care about the appointment of the new Pope.

The only other thing we can hope for is that the Catholic church continues its downfall through membership withdrawal.

39% of the Latin American population are steadfast Roman Catholics. That's a huge number.

Unless more atheists come forward to battle religion, we are stuck with Christian dogma. Which needs to be changed. At least the protestants are a bit more progressive. Progressive is not in the Catholic dictionary and I doubt it ever will be.

But yes, I do care whom is selected to maintain us in the dark ages for as long as possible (sarcasm). I truly wish it would go away too.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I 100% agree. The world we live in today we don't need a group of old men in robes picking a "Top old man in robe" to lead a billion people who can't think for themselves. IMO the Vatican is one big stage show with a trillion dollar production budget..enter new pope up stage right. But on the plus side we get to watch the internet troll and flame this guy like we never have and that I am looking forward too, also anyone watch Breaking Bad?....

edit on 14-3-2013 by Agent008 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You on minimum wage right?

No, I am at the other end of the pay-scale. I am a Captain in the Australian Merchant Navy so I paid a little over $83K in TAXES last financial year - guess what my Salary + bonuses are

Now, whether you believe that or not is irrelevant to me, I have given plenty of proof on ATS since joining of my maritime capacity - its all here, including photos and all.

Sounds to me that you are still dark on me regarding the Hoax UFO thread you started and my associated participation in same - get over it pal, trolling my posts is pathetic, shallow and immature.

Now, on topic, I stand by my convictions regarding my post on page 1, but your opinion is noted....and rejected.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No, I don't give a crap either......

I am still amazed after all these years that sexual abuse is still rife within Catholicism, yet 1.5 billion people still believe in such a religion and its behaviour....

Wouldn't it be a wonderful breakthrough if the new pope was to lift the ban on the use of condoms. Just one example is all the millions of people in Africa who were indoctrinated many many years ago by travelling Catholics. They were one day believing in their own kind of God(s) and then they found themselves being part of something they should never have been introduced to. Just think how many peoples lives would be saved if they were allowed to use condoms which would then keep them safe from the HIV virus, plus they wouldn't just keep having children every time they happened to have sex.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

You make no sense claiming the Papacy wants population control by DENYING the use of condoms. Crazy reasoning.
edit on 14-3-2013 by bgold1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I'm already tired of the media frenzy surrounding the new pope. So a new guy is selected to put on a bunch of expensive bling and prance around in a ridiculous costume while espousing his ideas and interpretations of things people wrote thousands of years ago that we all know is a bunch of BS anyway, and the media deems it more newsworthy than anything else. The pope doesn't contribute anything valuable to society whatsoever; he isn't creating a new product to make our lives better and more efficient, he isn't curing any diseases, and he isn't fighting to expose injustices (and in fact is probably fighting to cover them up.)

I understand what you mean, I'd much prefer David Bowie in a ridiculous 'outfit', espousing his ideas, or perhaps Colin Powell in a ridiculous 'uniform' espousing his ideas, or maybe a 'Hoodie' espousing his ideas..who you gonna call?

So much rubbish, espoused.
edit on 14-3-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
It really irks me that this is being given as much significance by people as it is. It doesn't reflect very highly on the intelligence of the human race.

Except for the over a billion people that subscribe to that religion.

personally I am not religious, I don't follow the catholic faith or trendy and socially approved new age type things nor anything in between.

That doesn't mean though that other people don't and as such don't want to hear about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
OP must be from reddit

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Fun Facts About Pope Francis

1.)His favorite color is blue.
2.)A promising tennis career was cut short by a tragic hunting accident.
3.)He appeared as an extra in the film "Live Free or Die Hard".
4.)He's an ace at Guitar Hero on Tour.
5.)And hey, girls-he's single!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, ya'll just went out to lunch. I am reporting this thread. Have a nice evening.
edit on 14-0320133-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
Wow, ya'll just went out to lunch. I am reporting this thread. Have a nice evening.
edit on 14-0320133-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

Wait.. what does....Huh???

edit on 14/3/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join