It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this strange creature?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hi,

I was watching the Science Channel and they were talking about the Mountauk Monster and got me thinking. When I was a kid I remember the local newspapers from where I grew up reporting on a strange bird that was found on the island. It was definately a bird but had a head of some sort of reptile. I did a web search and found a video with pictures on youtube. I'm just wondering if anyone here has knowledge of this and can shed some light to what kind of bird can this possibly be.

I will post link until I find how to post the video here.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
"video does not exist"

hopefully you can find another source im interested

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
you had it right you just have to leave the= out =PRZZ-YtnNWI

edit on 12-3-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I keep getting invalid request when I click the link.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Thanks!! I dont post like I used to so it has defimately eroded my ATS posting skills.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
link says video doesn't exist, try it again pls, or was it taken off of youtube?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Fixed. Thanks Goou 111
edit on 12-3-2013 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Possibly a nighthawk? They look very strange with their mouths open. Check the link and I'll try to find a better pic in the mean time.

Perhaps not an exact match to the bird in the video, but there are similarities.
edit on 3/12/2013 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

In Puerto Rico? I mean is not a native bird that I know of.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

No, that's probably true. I'm not sure why it would be there and likely isn't even what is in the video. It just reminded me of a nighthawk. I wonder if it is perhaps a new species?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Seriously, you think a video channel YouTube would have a video of the creature live.

This is a still photo.

It's bollocks. I can't believe anyone in their right mind even thought it possible before they clicked the link and certainly not afterward.... but this is ATS!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but is not like I'm trying to convice anyone I was just wondering if anyone has heard or seen this before.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The description of the video at :08 says the follwing:

This strange animal was captured alive; it was flying around the trees like any other bird and its head was that of a snake. A few hours after it was captured it died which really limited any sort of studies that were done. It didn't had poisonous fangs like some other snakes but it did had a viperine tongue that it will show in a ritmical way the same way that other ophidians do. The skin in the head area and areas closer to the head was typical of that of a snake and its coloration and aspect were reminiscent to those called MAJA DE SANTAMARIA (found in Cuba amd the Caribbean) that although they can grow long they are not poisonous or agressives. We don't have any informatio regarding any of the post-mortem studies done to this strange creature. Was more bird than snake or more snake than bird?

This is 100% real It was found in Puerto Rico
It fed from 100% raw meat
Some scientist believe that it could be the famous chupacabra and other say is the famous Azteca Quetzalcóatl god

It gives some really good detais about the background of the creature that are very similar to the reports I remember from the local newspapers and the photos are the same as they appeared in the newspapers about 25 years ago. But then at the end it finsih with a bit of sensationalism, the kind that I sometimes don't like to see in this cases.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I dont know about new species. I remember when the reports came out it was all over the news for like 2-3 days and then it suddenly the reporting stopped. I dont remember or recall reading or hearing anything about it being i
a hoax or anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Too short a video.

Too much human hand in the way.

Probably a member of the goatsucker family (birds).

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

The bird could be a whippoorwill.....I imagine it has some sort of deformity. The 'fangs' look like they are angled in such a way as to be somewhat useless.....I wonder if they are even hard, or may just be some like of soft fleshy protuberance growing out of the beak.

I've seen the picture before....But I've never come across a good explanation. Could be a hoax as well....My money is on some kind of deformity.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

An animal captured alive would have to be pretty badly abused to die within a few hours.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

This would be my guess too. One thing to remember is that this happended in the mid 1980's, so is not like a lot of people had video recorders (at least not in PR) so it can explain why no video.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

I agree with this and why it died is not explained at all in the video.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
My guess is that it is either a composite hoax by splicing parts from a snake to a bird or it is some freak mutation rather a separate species.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join