It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleportation - Airforce Research Laboratory Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The Air Force Research Laboratory has paid for and published a new study on "teleportation physics," referring to the disembodied transport of objects across space.

The author strives to distinguish his subject from the fictional Star Trek "transporter" concept, and notes that "we are still very far away from being able to ... teleport human beings (and even simpler biological entities such as cells, etc.) and bulk inanimate objects...."

But after fifty pages of opaque physics, he concludes with an endorsement of remote viewing, psychokinesis and spoon bending by psychic Uri Geller.

"During a talk that he gave at the U.S. Capitol building, Uri caused a spoon to curve upward with no force applied, and then the spoon continued to bend after he put it back down and continued with his talk," he reports.

"There are numerous supporters within the U.S. military establishment who comprehend the significance of remote viewing and PK [psychokinesis] phenomenon [sic], and believe that they could have strategic implications," he notes.

And he repeats a warning that "foreign adversaries could exploit micro- or macro-PK to induce U.S. military fighter pilots to lose control of their aircraft and crash."

Given the looming ESP gap, the author recommends that "A research program improving on and expanding, or implementing novel variations of, the Chinese and Uri Geller-type experiments should be conducted in order to generate p-Teleportation phenomenon [sic] in the lab."

The report concludes with a ten-page bibliography on teleportation physics and a distribution list that amounts to something like a "who's who" in "alternative science."

See "Teleportation Physics Study" by Eric W. Davis, Air Force Research Lab Special Report, Edwards Air Force Base, August 2004, distribution unlimited (1.7 MB PDF file):

www.fas.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Please do not just quote a link and nothing else. Please provide a 2-3 line quote and the link, then give us your take on the information contained.

Thanks
FredT

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
teleporting a pack of missles to a battle ground using satelites and when teleported from us soil to a battle theatre the engines of missles will activate by satelites signal and then will get onboard targets or get them on the way in midair.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I understand that this study was prompted by the discovery by a physicist that photons could be teleported from one location to another.
I do not have a link to that info unfortunately, however, I think we might be missing the bigger picture on this technology.

I have seen it posted that this teleportation technology could help get battle supplies to a battlefield quickly.
I think that even more important that that would be the light speed delivery of munitions to a target via teleportation as opposed to the slower method of delivery by physical means, ie: a missile or artillery shell.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
I understand that this study was prompted by the discovery by a physicist that photons could be teleported from one location to another.
I do not have a link to that info unfortunately, however, I think we might be missing the bigger picture on this technology.

I have seen it posted that this teleportation technology could help get battle supplies to a battlefield quickly.
I think that even more important that that would be the light speed delivery of munitions to a target via teleportation as opposed to the slower method of delivery by physical means, ie: a missile or artillery shell.

There may be no need for the bomber anymore. Weapons could be teleported above the target or possibly inside the target. The only weakness would be intelligence.
Imagine being able to teleport say a JDAM 20 000ft above a target on teh other side of the world. No need for fancy hypersonic missiles and the like.

What I found interesting was that they used Uri Gellar as an example. Does that mean there is some truth to his powers. I always thought he had been proven a fraud - then again maybe not.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

theeres an article of it on www.popsci.com find the article headline "Atoms Beam Up!"

and teleportation is too hard to accomplish
first you need some bulky teleporter
and second you need to seperate the object into little photons and teleport them that way and then

here comes the hard part

putting all the photons back together in the exact spot

and if you screw up the object is either useless and if human your dead

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000

and teleportation is too hard to accomplish

Well maybe right now, but in the future who knows. The AFRL seems to be taking a serious interest in it. With the right amount of investment anything may be possible.

new topics

top topics

join