It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latin American Communities Fight to Protect Heirloom Seeds From Monsanto

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

how else do you bring down the worlds population that by not being able to grow enough food for the people .Monsanto is doing a fine job at this with the full consent and support of the governments and the courts , talk about a CONSPIRACY OF LIES.
and not so long ago they were complaining the the farm kids were not staying in farming ,no wonder when a tractor and combine and such equipment will set them back a million bucks each .plus taxes and then being told that you have to sell your crop to huge corporations at a price that they set ,and you the farmer make nothing corn for instance at say 25cents a pound ,when all of this new seed only gives 2 to 3 cobs per plant where the old seed gave 12 to 20 cobs per plant . dried corn weighs next to nothing .
food prices in the super markets are insane as to what our farmers make for their crops as there is no money in it for them as they are in debt up to their asses and are working for nothing, the only ones making cash are the monster sized corporate farms which are funded and backed by the governments and the little family farm is being pushed into extinction by them ,
maybe it is time that we are started to do as the hippies once said GROW YOUR OWN .

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by picratus

Excellent post! It is a tragedy unfolding before our stomachs. For greed and well maybe population control. Thanks for the reply. You are right. The only thing you can do to offset that is grow your own and buy from local growers like at farmers markets.

That is a good message. You could start a thread about the tractor combines and the debt saddled farmers that slave for the corporations. You have a good knowledge of it there. I did not know the weight of dry corn or lack of cobs on stalks thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

why is it we all buy homes and they all come with smaller lots ,so why not talk to all of our neighbors on the block . change our mindset and outlook of one another ,growing up i was taught that what you want out of life you need to give out freely .so why not tear down the fences that we all built up for privacy around our houses and turn the back yards into huge vegetable and fruit gardens for our selves ,remember share and share alike and no more money to the SUPERMARKETS -[CORPORATE STORES ] and save your cash for other things that you all need .this is not a revolution we are trying to start it is just plain old common sense and that costs us nothing other that some new friend sand a little gardening for recreation .

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
We just planted a small garden in the back yard. I had to look long and hard but I finally found mostly Heirloom seeds. It was a teaching moment for my daughter .. explaining to her the difference and how to be careful ...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

i was talking to my foreman up here in Canada last night ,he was saying that BY LAW HE CAN NOT SELL EVEN 1 BIRD TO THE PUBLIC.if he does and he gets caught he is out of business,and fined out of the wahoo.he has to pay the GOVERNMENT a TAX on every bird he grows he has to pay more to the chicken marketing board ,he has to pay the slaughter house and he ends up making a few cents per bird then to add more fuel to the fire he has to pay for their feed and then pay income tax on the profit . they might grow a million birds each per year but they sure as hell don`t make a million a year and a lousy chicken on sale up here costs us $4.99 each for a small bird which feeds 3 people for supper,and no left overs for your workday lunch the next day ,i remember when birds were 5 pounds or bigger all the time how about the rest of you .

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

a note to all the farmers that monsanto is trying to screw with the right to protect their seeds and crops from cross pollination , the natural order of things is to breed within your own species . you don`t see a flower cross pollinating with any food crop or any other species in the world do you .all things in this world breed within their own species and that is all so if they don`t want their crap crop being pollinated by another corn then get it out of the fields as it is an unnatural crop to begin with.as no other species is genetically altered other than their MAD SCIENTIST CROPS.
and the laws of the land are for who 1- the masses or 2 those who put money and greed ahead of all others ,iy has to be the second according to our brain dead COURTS AND JUDGES .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join