It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wrote General Mills asking if they use GMOs... here is their response

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Dissecting Norma Stone ...

Vowels ... 1 x a , 1 x e , 2 x o

Consonants ... 1 x m , 2 x n , 1 x r , 1 x s , 1 x t

Rearranging ...

R(egards): M O N S A N T O - NE(braska)

Clicking on the picture will take one directly to www.manta.com/c/mtmqzsh/monsanto

Personal Disclosure:

General Mills [wiki]

Monsanto [wiki]

Edited to add ...

Monsanto's role in these changes in agriculture (which include its litigation and its seed commercialization practices), its current and former agbiotech products, its lobbying of government agencies, and its history as a chemical company, have made Monsanto controversial.

I hope this helps to drive my fellow members to speculate wildly!

edit on 12-3-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the edit.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
We do have to remember that ALL foods we eat are "genetically modified" even if you are using cross-pollination, or breeding techniques a food source is still being "enhanced" genetically by people. Maize for instance in it's wild state looks nothing like the corn we all know today. The Natives of America cross bred different strains of maize to produce over 200 varieties of corn. Same with potatoes. Wild potatoes are nearly inedible and are tiny. The Incas modified them. Not all genetically modified foods are "Poisonous." However Monsanto and DOW and others have produced plants that contain biological insecticides. This is a relatively new thing. I believe these poisons are indeed dangerous to animals and to us, especially to bees. They didn't "enhance" the nutritive qualities, or the drought resistance, or the yield. They just went ahead and put bio-bugspray inside a plant, hoping no residue would be left in the plant upon ripening and harvesting. (Believe it or not some plants do this naturally with both insecticide and fungicide and even poisons that keep other plants at bay! A magic mushroom is nothing more than a poisonous plant. It wasn't meant to be eaten. But the plant manufactures the poison itself.) They also thought that the inner bugspray would poison only bad bugs. Bugs that ate the plants. However now it is shown that the pollen itself can kill bees. Which means this product MUST be banned. Not just labeled! But Monsanto's investment is too huge. They are fighting tooth and nail to cover their bad investment up by feeding poison corn to people. So I believe that ALL genetically or biologically "enhanced" foods must be labeled and all pesticide containing corns,etc. be destroyed. Just remember though not all biologically enhanced food are "bad" and some are way better now than what nature produced. Ever pick wild strawberries? They are about the size of a bean, and it takes thousands to make a decent pie. Now strawberries are big, luscious and juicy. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Blind you with big words, skirt around the question, then throw the word 'improved' about a bit and they think that's a valid answer. they sound like they don't even know what goes into the food

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
@.@ Wait wha?? Sorry I'm trying to follow, but I'm just not catching anything. What's wrong with the food I'm eating? Just wondering, so please enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Holy crap, if they were going to try and convince you that stuff was good for you, they would've broken up that wall of text.

If you're going to try and convince people that you are serious about your poisonous product, at least have the common decency to use paragraphs.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I like the sales pitch they threw at you lol

"Please look for organic Gold Medal flour and a wide range of products from our Cascadian Farm and Muir Glen brands."

always looking for a way on how to make another buck.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
In their letter, they said "improved" instead of "GMO". Now maybe its just me, but isnt that the same thing as saying that God screwed up?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Anyone can grow most of their own veggies and some fruits completely organic. Aquaponics is just about the best way to do that. doesn't trake much room, you can do it in the basement of your house, in the garden shed or outside if the yearly temps permit it. You can grow your own stuff with a minimal amout of space and not take up a lot of time and effort. Check it out, it's cheap if you are a little handy with tools too, might cost you $200.00 at most.

I have been studying up on Aquaponics and I will be trying it out as a project this summer and see what I can yeild out of my little first time crop. If it all works out and I get it right, I will be expanding the project to a section of my garage. Temps here get way too cold in Winter.

I will set up a forum thread with the DIY and pictures as I get the project started and will update on a weekly basis after that!!

It's a sure way to ensure that you will not consume any GMO's and you can be satisfied that you can priovide healty veggies and fruits to your family. Another bonus is that you might even have too much crop and will have to share with other family members, neighbors and friends. This has the potential of spreading the "culture" of aquaponics thus eliviating the presure of the big companies to produce more crop and "force" them to go to GMO's in orther to feed that mass.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
how do we know if the seeds we buy at the store are monsanto monsters? does anyone have an answer for this??
or do i have to buy an organinc veggie and plant the seed from it?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Here in Virginia Beach, they just opened a Whole Foods literally right in front of an existing Kroger, and the Whole Foods parking lot is always full, and Kroger, well, not so much. There is a Trader Joe's right across the street from there too, and Trader Joe's is super cheap...

Although Wholefoods and Trader Joe's both sell non GMO and organic products they don't exclusively so be careful. Trader Joe's brand does not use GMO and Wholefoods gives you the info to decide on your own but there is no mention of the prepared foods.

Although i do go to these places i would still recommend people search for small local health food stores. Most have more specialized hard to find clean products.Not to mention you're supported a small local business.

Wholefoods GMO policy

Trader Joe's stance

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They Disgust Me!

Have they no common decency GMO's are Damn dangerous did you see the Rats

It was here on ATS here I'll Link it:

Click here

Disgusting!

What next Eat the pink banana to grow bat like wings and a tail :shk: Poor rats! Poor US!

You can bet Everything on the supermarkets shelves Is G.M.O. tainted!

They also put pure disinfectants in Milk as well as oil and other NASTY things Like

Toothpaste has Sodium Lauryl sulphate in it which is engine degreaser even the water is tainted with neurotoxins

edit on 12/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
in other words they are saying "don't worry about it, it's no big deal because we say so"

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

"I fear that there will always be a demand for products containing GMOs because they are cheaper and poor people can't afford organic food."

i am a "poor person" and i buy organic foods. i know tons of "poor people" who buy organic foods. the problem is poor, ill-informed people or those who are apathetic about what they put in their bodies.
my thinking is that i would not be able to afford the inevitable medical bills, so i'd rather pay more for healthy food. my son is gluten-free and casein-free, which is an expensive diet, but so worth it! remember "you are what you eat?" i think the USA is proof of that.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cleversprite

"I fear that there will always be a demand for products containing GMOs because they are cheaper and poor people can't afford organic food."

i am a "poor person" and i buy organic foods. i know tons of "poor people" who buy organic foods. the problem is poor, ill-informed people or those who are apathetic about what they put in their bodies.
my thinking is that i would not be able to afford the inevitable medical bills, so i'd rather pay more for healthy food. my son is gluten-free and casein-free, which is an expensive diet, but so worth it! remember "you are what you eat?" i think the USA is proof of that.

I guess my statement in regards to poor people was too general, but my point was that a lot of people in the lower income bracket can't afford organic food, although I guess if that was something that was important to them they could change their spending habbits in order to afford it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Why didn't they just say hell yeah who doesn't ?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

Seek out heirloom seeds. Heirloom is seed that has been around for quite some time, the only alterations are simple hybridization from cross pollinated strains. You can also save your own seed every year.
I order mine online, there are several good companies.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
can you pm me thew brand, or company you use. i dont want that garbage theyve probably got in circulation now

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

i work for that company and yes there products along with other companies they make dry mix for would shock you. General Mills makes dry mix for several companies including Ihop Dunkin donuts Kroger and Walmart they also make sugar coat that contains titanium dioxide. there are many many more things but if interested send me a message ill gladly tell you. ive tried looking it up if these things are publicly known and it isnt as far as i know. there dry mix facility is secret they dont allow any kind of recording devices on production floor and employees are told to inform management if anyone comes on property thats not an employee.
edit on 06pmSun, 06 Oct 2013 14:14:15 -0500k15America/Chicago2013-10-06T14:14:15-05:00Sun, 06 Oct 2013 14:14:15 -0500America/Chicago31 by darksecrets2383 because: mention alittle more about the post

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join