It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number Of U.S. Gun Makers Refusing Sales To Gov't In 'Firearms Equality Movement' Triples In Two

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Number Of U.S. Gun Makers Refusing Sales To Gov't In 'Firearms Equality Movement' Triples In Two Weeks

cnsnews.com

On February 22, "Right Views" reported that a growing number of firearm companies have suspended the sale of guns to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

In just two weeks, the number of companies participating in what has been named the "Firearms Equality Movement," has more than tripled from 34 companies to 118.

"Wilson Combat will no longer provide any products or services to any State Government imposing legislation that infringes o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Very interesting development.
State sales of arms is probably quite large I would say.

Says alot about what people say about gun manufacturers and how hey they are evil and only care about money.

This trend definately says otherwise!

I wish this would end up on mainstream news as much as that nonsense that that idiot Pierson Morgan spits.

What an interesting development!

cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i quite agree. this isn't about money, those who own gun companies are generally gun enthusiasts themselves and don't want to see the 2nd amendment trampled. luckily they're in a position to protest more effectively than the common person.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Now if the ammo makers would do the same, perhaps people would have a box available to buy at Walmart occasionally to go out and target shoot for a nice afternoon. At least the gun makers are taking a stand though. Good to hear it!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sorry to rain on the parade but most of those look like small fries. The only notables that I recognize are Barret and Umlaut. I don't see Colt, Smith & Wesson, Browning, Winchester, Remington, Hechler and Koch, Beretta, and etc on the list, which are the primary gun manufacturers for our armed services and police forces. Much ado about a whole lot of not until some of those start joining the list. However, I sincerely doubt that they will considering that losing their governmental contracts would be extraordinarily damaging to their bottom lines.

The list: www.thepoliceloophole.com...
edit on 10/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: added the list

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Never fear. British Company BAE Systems will supply guns and ammunition from its plants in the USA to the US Government i am sure. As a British company they will be probably pleased on the US Governments stance on private gun ownership.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good news for a change. After all this BS since 9-11-2001 and the suspect school shootings the last two months it is about time everyone takes a stance. Either you are for freedom or for tyranny. The big companies will be the last to join since they sell too much to the government and they can't afford big hits on their bottom line.

Some people put too much emphasis on guns and ammo but they are still important as a last line of defence against full blown tyranny. That is why the government was trying to capitalise on the paranoia generated, to pass laws and confiscate whatever they could. It seems for the time being they failed!
edit on 10/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

not to be cynical - but have any of these companies actually fulfilled a contract with a state / LEO agency ?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

And also raining on the parade on the "see, they aren't in it for the money" aspect - but since it looks like the majority of their customers are civilians it seems to me that is exactly what they are doing - trying to apply political pressure to protect their market.

Which is perfectly reasonable of course....but let's not be too quick to ascribe altruism where it may not be deserved.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
THIS IS FU**ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

The Citizens and small businesses are fighting Back!!!!!!

Also whole food (as expensive and as little I shop there) plans on having all of there products labeled whether or not they have GMO's in them, by 2018. This will force other natural food stores to move in the same direction, and will cause another bill to be finally passed in one of the West Coast states to force GMO Labeling .....in turn then spreading to the rest of the country. Hahahaha!!! Take that Monsanto ...the people are fighting back. Monsanto needs to burn to the ground

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

not to be cynical - but have any of these companies actually fulfilled a contract with a state / LEO agency ?

I thought this comment deserved a serious bump.
2nd

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Where are the major gun manufacturers? Yeah maybe Wilson Combat but how about all the others? This list doesn't really mean anything. Think about it folks, the government will just buy ammo/firearms from foreign companies. Then they will sick foreign troops (a la the united nations) on us IF our troops decide not to follow their orders to attack their fellow Americans.
Why aren't those manufacturers who currently have gov contracts not honoring those contracts? Don't give me any breach of contract BS either. What the gov is doing is unconstitutional and that is grounds enough to not honor a contract.
Secondly, any police/law enforcement/security etc that currently uses any firearms/ammo from any manufacturer on this list should lay down those weapons.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

BAE Systems are boss.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
-Barrett makes the M82A1 and M107A1 .50 cal sniper rifles that the military and LE use extensively they also make the BORS which is a sight system that long distance shooters use to calculate distance, windage, etc to make long distance shots.

-Spike's tactical, LaRue, and Bravo Company USA make some of the best AR-15s and parts availible and fill multiple govt/LE contracts.

-Tactical Solutions makes firearms suppressors (silencers) used by SWAT teams all over the USA.

-Wilson Combat makes high-end 1911 style pistols which are used by multiple LE agencies.

-MagPul, Vltor and midwest industries make parts for AR-15s and shotguns used by Law Enforcement and govt contractors.

Those are the ones I know of for sure but I know others on the list make direct sales to govt/LE or have filled past contracts for firearms and related equipment.

So to say that this doesnt affect state, local and govt Law Enforcement agencies is just plain false. These companies make some of the best equipment money can buy (govt or civilian) and for them to refuse sales to agencies that are run by gun-grabbers is awesome and will have an impact on how their officers view their political positions.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Good! It is about time. As gun owners we should band together and let the firms that do business with oppressive regimes (that is what they are) that we as consumers will not be buying their products. Threatened with such a loss of business, they would have to rethink their policies...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Love it! I see some of the top manufacturers of AR15's on that list! Olympic arms, Rock River arms, CMMG, Aero Precision, Franklin Armory, Umbrella Corporation, and many more! There are also some high end aftermarket manufacturers on that list as well! Can't believe Wilson Combat joined that list!

This is really good to see, and it looks like the more reputable names that are added to that list, the more others seem to join.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What you guys don't understand is there are some big companies going along with this.
You may not know the name and think some of them are not that big, but trust me they are.

As far as Colt and others in CT go, they may not be on that list because they are planing on leaving Connecticut if the new unconstitutional laws pass.

Millions of tax dollars gone with hundreds, maybe thousands of jobs, all because that anti-American Governor Malloy wants to make money off of dead kids and take away our rights.

He thinks he can just tax away what they can't ban, not one law he wants will save one life, but who cares?

They are gonna make money while while the crime rate goes up and we lose our rights, then he can up the taxes again to help fight all the new crime.

The truth is simple Anti-Gun = Anti-Rights / Anti-Freedom / Anti-American.

America will be home to the Fourth Reich, everyone in Connecticut (who said they are anti-gun) I have talked to admitted guns are not the problem, but they want a "world of peace under one peaceful government and we can't have that when we are suck with this constitution"

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If you're looking for a new firearm, support the companies on this list. Simple as that.

For every one firearm purchased by police/military there are hundreds purchased by average American citizens. Once Smith and Wesson see's their profits tumble into the red due to the fact there is no demand for their weapons things will change, fast.

It's just like anything else in this country, support the companies you agree with by writing checks.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Ignorant people often confuse gun manufacturers with the "military industrial complex." Lot's of gun manufacturers are smaller than one would think.

I wonder how being issued a gun works, I am sure an officer here can tell me, because I've often thought an officer can choose their sidearm (like a lot of cops prefer Glocks). Are cops able to buy a firearm as a civilian and register at the precinct or are they assigned one?
edit on 11-3-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Most are assigned a firearm. Few are actually lucky enough to be able to decide what they carry.

I like this. Looks like a good number of AR platform manufacturers are jumping on this. I like it. It's about time the police start getting treated like average citizens.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join