It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible method of travelling faster than light.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well I have been debating with myself weather to put this up and here I am so I will try my best to explain it in plain language.

Recently scientist reported they had successfully been able to transfer a sub atomic potential charge across a laboratory, now it is how they did it that is interesting and I will try to explain.

Light has many interesting property's one of which is that when you split a single photon ( a particle of light ) into two halves they remain synchronised no matter how far apart they are wether that be a yard or half the universe apart,

Using a technique called entanglement they were able to split a photon then Entangle a sub atomic charge in one half then extract it instantaneously from the other half, strangely this was possible because what effect's one half of a photon effect's the other half as it remains a single photon even though it is split in two as though the space between the two half's does not exist.

Without the fabled wormhole of science theory and fiction they were able to move something without moving it and without destroying and reintegrating like teleportation,.

Imagine you could do this with a car, plane or army?,...

I am pretty certain some military has had it's physicist's working around the clock on this ever since and given the implication's they are unlikely to accept no for an answer,.

Another property of photon's worth bearing in mind come's from a little experiment called the aperture slit test were a photon is sent down a shaft and split into two separate half's then sent down two shaft's side by side to a photographic plate at the end, they block one shaft off, it does not matter which and the photographic plate should only produce the effect of half a photon but instead it produces a full interference wave on the film like both half of the photon have reached it, this has been used to help support parallel dimensional theory were it is believed there are other reality's just like ours were there is just slight difference's in that other reality and it is possible the photon can pass between them.

Just something for the ufologists and science head's to think on.

to the ufologists no intertia, instantaneous directional change, appear to pass through solid matter sound familier.
edit on 9-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A photon has - at least after our current understanding - no mass.

So how do we go from entangling whole armies, as you suggest, which clearly do have mass ? Are you suggesting we start by cutting each individual soldier in halves ?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I love this subject, but the thing that always gets me is, if you can travel faster then light you would get to your detonation before you leave.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaded27

No, the "time" aspect you are referring to would only appear that way from your departure point....not the destination.

Interested to see where they can take this.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaded27

This is not true, the observer at the destination would see you disappear at your starting point AFTER you arrived next to him. Its not working the way you think.

Ok, Signal was way faster

edit on 10-3-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
As an amateur interested in physics, I have heard different theories on the 'God particle', the theoretical tachyon. If one imagines the first microseconds of the big bang, thought possibly to exist of matter and antimatter, the Higgs Bosun could in fact exist with the properties of the theoretical Tachyon. Also in the first microseconds, everything moved away from the singularity much faster than the speed of light.....

Here on ATS, it has been discussed. ie. --->"God particle is 'found': Scientists at Cern expected to announce on Wednesday Higgs boson particle"

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

If it is affected by gravity, it has mass, however minute.

The thing about photons is they're both particles AND waves, in that, they are waves of energy as well as particles of a infintecimally small mass (as evidenced by the fact that light bends around large masses such as planets, black holes and the like)
edit on 10-3-2013 by fnord because: fleshed out response to make it...more better...er

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sounds like you're talking about something different than quantum entanglement.

Quantum Entanglement only works in that a state is applied to something some place and another object that it is linked to (via quantum entanglement) has its state changed in the same exact way at the same exact time regardless of distance. This would be incredibly useful for communication, and is a neccesary component of quantum computing.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

I would like you to consider something, look at a gravity well, any gravity well, now as you know doubt understand fully, related to membrane theory and other quantumne mechanic's based theorem is the concept that gravity as it is so very weak compared to say electromagnetism that it may actually be leaching into our universe from somewere else, i.e. another membrane.

Now though it is only theoretical given that if it is correct them mass merely lenses gravity from shall we call it subspace (because mass is merely a wave form at right angle's to the time space continuum and it is essentially a compressed bit of time and space - see string theory so gravity may be leeching in every part of space more or less uniformly but mass is more space in less area and time - a little like a tangle or not on a string but replace the string with UNIVERSAL FIELD),.

Take a large body of mass now imagine you had a method of peering right into it's centre and looking at the gravity, were is the gravity as the mass is all around the centre so there must be a point which despite being under immense pressure actually is zero gravity with the gravity pulling on that point in all direction's.

Are you following so far well let's look at the possible implication's as concern's the formation of a standard or large quantumne singularity.

As the star undergoes it's final stage of collapse into a singularity is it spinning at very great speed and this point of centre may not be precisely fixed, as it pull's to the point at which the universe as we understand it stop's (the event horizon) it also must therefore be replicating this process internally on that very small point (and forming a internal event horizon around it). if sufficient force is applied to the normal space to tear an event horizon by the gravitational lensing of the black hole at the centre of the piece of trapped universe (field the same as outside bu isolated completely) is it not conceivable that it may invert that piece trapped inside an internal event horizon and cause it to rupture to whatever it above this membrane, let's call it hyperspace, thus pulling that raw energy of interaction into it at least for a small time during the initial gravity pulse of the collapsing black hole,.

Now let's imagine that is your big bang what symptom's may persist.

Asymmetric displacement of time and space as the black hole was spinning and the exact centre moved around quite a bit.

Residual gravity still pouring into the child continuum from the event horizon surrounding it causing the most distant object's to accelerate apart eventually to be pulled apart at the edges of the universe.

As quantumne evaporation shrink's the black hole the internal void may also shrink.

the possabillity (though I have some more theorising to do) that time moves faster in the child universe than the external one.

the implication if correct.

The universe may be an almost infinite fractal branching caused in superspace by the collision of these three membrane's, subspace (gravity), universal comtinuum (the medium through which they collide) and hyperspace (what gravity pulls against when it break's the membrane of our continuum.

As for the faster than light, no I don't propose cutting people in two (a photon even if split and sent to the two side's of the universe remains' intact as a single particle that demonstrates multiple parallel property's giving it wave form characteristic's) you only have to entangle one half and disentangle it at the other half and I was more using the experiment to suggest if we can do this with a potential charge then maybe the underlying mechanism can be explored so that we may harness it to move larger and maybe even macromolecular and complex energy structure's but it is in it's infancy.

Even though light travels at a fixed rate imagine if you will a method of entangling something in a split photon.
Take a source of light and shine it through a prism that split's it into two stream's at right angle's.
as a split photon passes the entanglement stage, it's other half passes the disentanglement stage,. now something that has been entangled by this method has passed twice the distance of either half of the photon and therefore been displace at 2 time's the speed of light,, though it has not breeched relativity.

one more thing as concern's the formation of black hole's and the external event horizon in particular, if parallel reality theory is correct and a black whole form's identically in two reality's the event horizon being were the universe (time space continuum not super space) actually stop's to all intent's and purposes may actually cause a combinant reality to move outward at least locally at the speed of gravity zipping these reality's together and minimising the effect of quantumne multiplicity, a sufficiently intelligent species may even engineer such for this purpose to control to a small extent there local reality.

Oh and it is not so much that gravity bend's light (which it doese) but that gravity bend's space and time.
edit on 10-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I have done some thinking on this and the best response I can come up with has to do with the nature of multiple reality's, when you travel in a linear fashion faster than light if the universe was a linear structure you would travel backward in time but that would essentially mean you would actually enter a reverse time stream and cease to exist as far as the future was concerned - if you could beat this then yes you could travel back in time.
However and here we get into some metaphysic's there is anecdotal evidence that human consciousness has an inbuilt ability to form a kind of reality band width filter, when observed a photon behaves as a particle and when not observed it demonstrates the property's of a waveform, it is as though the photon is more than we can perceive and upon looking at it we see only a fraction of it, it may be the case that you would by travelling faster than light enter an alternative universe or create a divergent reality stream,.

When Columbus first landed at Hispaniola now called Haiti he met the native's, the younger native's could see his ship's but the elder's could only see some weird displacement were the hull's of the vessel's sat in the water, is it possible that the divergence of human race's had allowed them through isolation to enter parallel reality's and this was the point at which these reality's converged - disasteroulsy for the native American's, are time slip's truly time travel or are they slip's into parallel reality's.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Light has many interesting property's one of which is that when you split a single photon ( a particle of light ) into two halves they remain synchronised no matter how far apart they are...

Fantasy physics. You can't split photons in half.

Do your physics homework and come back in a few years. Seriously.

edit on 10/3/13 by Astyanax because: it was too long before.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It IS an interesting discovery, and no doubt this method of splitting photons and making them perform subatomic gymnastics will be very useful, probably in terms of communications.

However, a photon is a particle with no mass, except under relatavistic circumstances of course. An army, a tank, a single human being however, those things all have, when compared beside the photon, OODLES of mass. Many boatloads of it.

This is why I believe that the work being done on the Higgs boson is so important. Its discovery may lead to an eventual understanding of its workings, that will allow the mass that a given object has, to be manipulated in scale, making extremely mass rich objects behave as if they have none (or near as damnit), meaning that they will be able to accelerate through the resistance normally offered when mass is propelled at speed, while retaining thier cohesion as a whole, not to mention any possibility of causing antagonistic space warping effects, the like of those seen in televison hit, Star Trek.

The photon splitting, quantum entanglement angle however, will be astonishingly useful in terms of communications technology, making data transfer immediate and difficult to hack, and operate over much vaster distances than our current methods allow for.

S+F and all that jazz!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Son why don't you learn a little more about quantumne physics, they once said the world was flat, then they maintained it was the centre of the universe (well from an observer's point of view it is but?) so please if you are not trying to take a semi religious stand here google or bing split photon physic's.

Here is a website that explain's one process by which photon's can split, www.davidjarvis.ca...
Though also pay attention to the aperture slit test web page's,
www.scientificamerican.com/...id=photons-meet-with-three-split
quantumweird.wordpress.com/category/beam-splitter
phys.org/news/2012-12-physicists-entanglement-einstein.html
phys.org/news193551675.html
www.st-v-sw.net/Obsidian/Martin/teleportation.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation
science.howstuffworks.com/.../everyday-myths/teleportation1.htm
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3811785.stm
arstechnica.com...
phys.org...

Anybody interested in this thread should read this as it is far better than mine,
www.redorbit.com...

Now before you go all rosenburg/eistein consider the method and the outcome, A true scientist accept's that no theory can ever be proven and does not retain a religious devotion to his scientific belief but is cold, analytical and uses structured observation to arrive at hypothesis and prediction but when you throw the quantumne spanner into the work's it is like letting a fox into the hen house or north korea into a uranium mine.

One final thought the information that I referenced as to the transferrance of a sub atomic potential charge over a couple of hundred kilometres by scientist working in lab's on the canary island's has like many interesting studies that MAY have a military application disappeared as far as my search's go, it was over six month's ago I read about it so it begs the question whom is censoring the internet for technical and scientific knowledge, I have a pretty good idea but there are several party's in the game at the present and more are being added all the time.
edit on 11-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Down-conversion produces two photons from one. There is no such thing as half a photon.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You are all gobbledygooky there mate.
For real mass to traverse FTL, you are definitely
gonna need a wormhole.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnord
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

If it is affected by gravity, it has mass, however minute.

The thing about photons is they're both particles AND waves, in that, they are waves of energy as well as particles of a infintecimally small mass (as evidenced by the fact that light bends around large masses such as planets, black holes and the like)
edit on 10-3-2013 by fnord because: fleshed out response to make it...more better...er

It has no mass at rest.

top topics

join