It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communication With An Alien Race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.upworthy.com...

I can think of no reason for the US Government to produce these "diagrams" in the middle of nowhere other then some sort of message to whomever may be traversing our skies. These may be some sort of mathimatical messages that an alien intelligence may understand. Fo those that do not want to take the time to go to the link the diagrams consist of a series of black lines set on a white background. Anyone have othe ideas?

edit on 8-3-2013 by gem_man because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Methinks someone hasn't considered anything about calibrating optics on spy satellites, or using these paterns for other targeting oriented optically relevant tasking.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Methinks someone doesn't know anything about calibrating optics on spy satellites.

Agreed...

And methinks you've been Single for quite some time now.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

And methinks you've been Single for quite some time now.

Dude that is a low blow !
Play the ball not the player

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

No I think they are exactly what the site says they are:

www.upworthy.com...

"aerial photo calibration targets"

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I must agree with pillock's comment. Needlessly insensitive.

On the matter at hand, seems that these markings have been used for alignment of airborne optical arrays for some time. I find it rather strange that this is only being posted now, since they have been in use for this purpose since the ninteen fifties.

All they are after all, is essentially a carpark which has been attacked by some demented highway maintanance employee with delusions of cubist granduer. That said, it would be rather funny if, in protest at the current concern over drone assasination of US citizens, someone went out there and re surfaced the area in matt black.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

obviously you did'nt read the article you linked to...

Turns out these bizarre runes painted on the Earth are "aerial photo calibration targets" used to test the resolution on airborne cameras, according to the Center for Land Use Interpretation.

i think that gives us the answer right there

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I agree with them being calibration tools for aerial gear. Well the first two at least. That last one is a bit strange...

top topics

join