It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibusters Brennan Nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Breitbart
CSPAN LIVE

Rand Paul going at it! He's making a lot of excellent points. I wonder how long he can go?? I'd like to see him in the running in 2016. He has a lot to say and I'm going to support him by watching all of it.

Thoughts?
Discuss please.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Good for him!
I told my Congressman's office to call Rand Paul's office this morning. They didn't seem to know anything about US citizens being targeted by drones on US soil.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

This is the real discussion, a dialog of reason, that We all need to be focusing on at this moment in our history. His speech is underlining the most important issues that are being ignored by this administration, this congress, and this generation of our Republic. Thank you for the heads up, much appreciated. To listen as someone speaks live is an active participation that gives more attention to the speakers words than just catching a video upload showing the highlights.

"We are not a democracy, We are a Constitutional Republic". Rand Paul, March 6th, 2013.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Refreshingly honest, Rand Paul is literally talking himself hoarse ("til I can speak no more!") stating emphatically that the Obama Administration is taking away any American's right to defend himself, via a trial by jury, to save their life. Obama (and his Attorney General, Eric Holder, and his CIA Chief designate, John Brennan) have placed themselves in the position of judge and jury as to who lives or dies (without even any warrant or charge) by killer drone on US soil.

Where is the ACLU? The lapdog media? The "progressive left" who SCREAMED when George Bush wanted to warrantlessly wiretap foreign nationals who were suspected of being terror operatives post 9/11? Oh wait...it's all cool....Obama is a Democrat.

The paradox is breathtaking. Bush could not wiretap, but Obama can terminate by drone.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
Breitbart
CSPAN LIVE

Rand Paul going at it! He's making a lot of excellent points. I wonder how long he can go?? I'd like to see him in the running in 2016. He has a lot to say and I'm going to support him by watching all of it.

Thoughts?
Discuss please.

hundreds of filibusters....unprecedented, that's why nothing gets done. filibuster on a cabinet nominee, 2nd in 1 month, unprecedented. republicans are screwing up this country.....what next?.....the republicans going to filibuster the Obama's choice of white house groundskeepers?
gee, can't wait for the republicans to shut down the government, AGAIN!....why don't they all go home and just phone it in, because nothing is going to get through the house of representatives anyway.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

republicans are screwing up this country.

Yes, they are, along with their partners, the Democrats.

Rand Paul wants some answers about a POTUS and USAG that think that due process is outdated and won't rule out drone strikes on US citizens on US soil.
I would like some answers too.
Seems like you don't care.
edit on 6-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You honestly believe that Sen. Paul is "screwing up this country" by filibustering AGAINST a nominee (to head CIA) that parrots the Administration's position that THEY and THEY ALONE can take the life of a US citizen on US soil, by drone,(without charge, warrant, or trial)? You actually believe that that a "few top advisors" SHOULD have this power? And would you have had the same opinion it the President was George W. Bush instead of Barack Obama ?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I might not agree with much of Rand Paul's politics, but I give him extremely high marks for Intestinal Fortitude.

While the American public hears the word filibuster on nearly a daily basis, Rand Paul showed us what a real filibuster is all about. One dictionary definition of filibuster: The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.

A real filibuster is a continuous speech, or series of speeches, delivered by one or more legislators who refuse to yield the floor in order to block a full vote by the legislative body. That's the way I learned it in school way back when.

Unfortunately, the old-school "talking filibuster" is a thing of the past. These days, when the Democrats and Republicans are doing their obscene political dances, they use some bizarre rule twists to hide their mutual obstructionism from the public. With a real filibuster, even the dumbed-down American public can understand the extraordinary waste of time involved with their daily BS.

12 hours and 52 minutes. That's pain. That's skin in the game. That's a politician willing to "put his money where his mouth is," so to speak. And it appears that the senator generated enough publicity to get a straight answer out of Holder. Forcing Eric Holder to provide a straight answer to any question is nothing short of superhuman.

To Senator Rand Paul, I say: "Good show, sir! We need more politicians with your audacity."

Dex

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DexterRiley

I might not agree with much of Rand Paul's politics, but I give him extremely high marks for Intestinal Fortitude.

While the American public hears the word filibuster on nearly a daily basis, Rand Paul showed us what a real filibuster is all about. One dictionary definition of filibuster: The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.

A real filibuster is a continuous speech, or series of speeches, delivered by one or more legislators who refuse to yield the floor in order to block a full vote by the legislative body. That's the way I learned it in school way back when.

Unfortunately, the old-school "talking filibuster" is a thing of the past. These days, when the Democrats and Republicans are doing their obscene political dances, they use some bizarre rule twists to hide their mutual obstructionism from the public. With a real filibuster, even the dumbed-down American public can understand the extraordinary waste of time involved with their daily BS.

12 hours and 52 minutes. That's pain. That's skin in the game. That's a politician willing to "put his money where his mouth is," so to speak. And it appears that the senator generated enough publicity to get a straight answer out of Holder. Forcing Eric Holder to provide a straight answer to any question is nothing short of superhuman.

To Senator Rand Paul, I say: "Good show, sir! We need more politicians with your audacity."

Dex

Yup

..And thats the way the cookie crumbles.

top topics

join