It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has died

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has died, his vice-president has announced. Mr Chavez had not appeared in public since he returned to Venezuela last month after cancer treatment in Cuba. An emotional Nicolas Maduro made the announcement on Tuesday evening, flanked by leading Venezuelan political and military leaders. Earlier, he said the 58-year-old Venezuelan leader had a new, severe respiratory infection and had entered "his most difficult hours". He also announced the government had expelled two US diplomats from the country for spying on Venezuela's military. Mr Maduro said Mr Chavez had died "after battling a tough illness for nearly two years". He said he had no doubt that Mr Chavez's cancer, first diagnosed in 2011, had been induced by foul play by Venezuela's enemies. Venezuelan radio reported that military had been deployed across the country.

www.bbc.co.uk...
===================================================

I kinda liked him, Breaking now, He was a hero to his people for sure.

www.reuters.com...

Who shall replace him? anyone know?

Sad day for many in the world'

Cheers Chavy! RIP

edit on 5-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I helped a neighbor who was dying of cancer once. Wonderful woman.
Cancer is an awful way to die. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Is he dead for real this time?

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's the real deal... What a life! Documentaries will come out to shed more light on this man and his tenure..I really don't know much about his personal life,

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I was thinking the same thing. The guy has died a half dozen or so times over the last couple of years but this one seems to be the real deal.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Also reported in RT:
rt.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's true, up to a week ago he was reported as died.

edit on 5-3-2013 by aquamarine because: double post, sorry

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Almost reminds me of that time Morgan Freeman died.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I thought this was already verified a few days ago

R.I.P Mr Chavez.

link   
reply to post by Crakeur

One thing I really respected was the way he treated his people. Wasn't gas basically free at some point? Now THAT is the kind of leadership we need here (My province is right beside the oils sands, yet we still pay HUGE on gas.\

link   
It's real, breaking on BBC news as well

Venezuela's Hugo Chavez dead at 58

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has died, his vice-president has announced.

Mr Chavez had not appeared in public since he returned to Venezuela last month after cancer treatment in Cuba.

An emotional Nicolas Maduro made the announcement on Tuesday evening, flanked by leading Venezuelan political and military leaders.

I'm starting to wonder if there was more to the hoax thread the other day......timing was pretty spot on....although I suppose he was fairly ill.
edit on 5/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Seeing this valid in the news now but thought it was earlier in the month. Reminds me of the thread "Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive"-minus celebrity- : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still find the conspiracy of him claiming that the US caused him to have cancer interesting though it doesn't make much sense, yet anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I thought this wasn't for real but other news sources are going with it too -

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-21679053

news.sky.com/story/1060592/venezuelan-president-hugo-chavez-dies

edition.cnn.com/2013/03/05/world/americas/venezuela-chavez-main/index.html

So its true... or there will be a few retractions in a few hours.

eee.
edit on 5/3/13 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire because: Auto-type being clever again..........

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I kind of liked Chavez.

I'm not saying he was perfect, but I admired some things.

He spoke out against the United States and there were many who agreed with him.

He advocated more unity between South American nations which I think would be a good thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh my goodness! I thought he was recovering? He stood up to the U.S., so for that he deserves very much respect in my view

link   

edit on 5-3-2013 by trysts because: (no reason given)

link   
In regards to those saying they thought this had been announced a few days ago:

The Venezuelan government refuted claims a few days earlier that Chavez had died and said enemies were just making up rumours etc. However he was on his death bed and he had contracted a severe respiratory infection. So that's likely where the confusion is arising from.
edit on 5/3/13 by Kram09 because: typos

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Crakeur

One thing I really respected was the way he treated his people. Wasn't gas basically free at some point? Now THAT is the kind of leadership we need here (My province is right beside the oils sands, yet we still pay HUGE on gas.\

That's because we don't have the manufacturing base here in Canada. Most of our oil is shipped overseas or down to the states to be processed. If this government (or any future Canadian government) had any brains we would have a national energy strategy that would stretch from Newfoundland to BC (and every part in-between). But that would make too much sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
true enough. Also, being the Chavez I`m sure he was better able to make `things happen` -rather than let a hundred politicians squabble about it for ten years.
edit on 5-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I hope the people get to pick the new leader and one is not "installed"
edit on 5-3-2013 by Markive because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join