It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baha'i Faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The Baha'i faith is the only world religion currently promoted by the United Nations. Thoughts? I'd never heard of it before today. Here's a link to their wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org...'%C3%AD_Faith

I'm going to find out more about it. Seems strange that this religion is based in Israel, calls for a world government, and is the only religion promoted by the United Nations. I think if there were a staged armageddon and we came out of it with a world government, this would be the religion we'd be forced to choose.
edit on 5-3-2013 by broctune because: edited a link

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Most of you are baha'i and didnt know it.

In the Bahá'í Faith, religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the people. These messengers have included Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, and others. For Baha'is, the most recent messengers are the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh. In Bahá'í belief, each consecutive messenger prophesied of messengers to follow, and Bahá'u'lláh's life and teachings fulfilled the end-time promises of previous scriptures. Humanity is understood to be in a process of collective evolution, and the need of the present time is for the gradual establishment of peace, justice and unity on a global scale.[5]
Wiki

Its actually quite sublime.

edit on 5-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OP can you provide a link where it states that the UN is promoting this religion? I find it interesting and would like to see more info. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
OP can you provide a link where it states that the UN is promoting this religion? I find it interesting and would like to see more info. Thanks.

I'm still new to this Baha'i stuff too, but I found this and I'll keep looking.

www.bahai.us...

info.bahai.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

www.nwotoday.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

In the Bahá'í Faith, religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the people. These messengers have included Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, and others. For Baha'is, the most recent messengers are the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh. In Bahá'í belief, each consecutive messenger prophesied of messengers to follow, and Bahá'u'lláh's life and teachings fulfilled the end-time promises of previous scriptures. Humanity is understood to be in a process of collective evolution, and the need of the present time is for the gradual establishment of peace, justice and unity on a global scale.[5]
Wiki

Its actually quite sublime.

edit on 5-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

everything you said are actually islamic teachings.
They are an offshoot from islam where they claim a new prophet while Muhammad pbuh is the last prophet in islam.
They are finding refuge in the west as muslims can't tolerate their claims as they twist the islamic principles and yet claim to be muslims.
Maybe the OP is on something however first i'l like to check the link that UN is really promoting them.
But if true then it could be an attempt to counter islam by making an equally appealing cult.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by broctune

The problem with any perceived "One World Religion" is that it won't ever work. Christianity tried it with Catholicism. Instead of successfully converting the whole world, they only managed to slaughter millions of innocent individuals who refused to acknowledge the myths invented to make Jesus more appealing to pagan believers. So, even if the UN endorses Baha'i, that doesn't actually mean anything.

In America, where I live, it is almost impossible to achieve a high seat in government if you're not a Christian. Yet, in spite of this, almost 30% of Americans acknowledge no affiliation with any of the sects tracing themselves back to Abraham (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Sufism, or Baha'i). This means that even though America is dramatically biased toward Christianity and Christian values (whatever those are) atheism, Buddhism, Wicca, Hinduism, Paganism, Taoism, and all the other religions are still practiced and accepted.

The same thing will happen with the UN and Baha'i. Everyone will just continue to believe in whatever they already do, regardless of what anyone else tries to force them to accept. Especially atheists. Good luck to the UN, if they think they can make an atheist acknowledge and defend the existence of any deity.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hello Independent investigators of truth!

I was raised a Baha'i. When I reached the 'age of maturity', 15 years old, I chose to follow a different path.

If you are curious about the faith you can hook yourself up with some ebooks here; Baha'i Ebooks

Laws of the faith = Kitab-i-aqdas.

The World Order of Bahá'u'lláh ebook.

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

This.

+

"God has given man the eye of investigation by which he may see and recognize truth. He has endowed man with ears that he may hear the message of reality and conferred upon him the gift of reason by which he may discover things for himself. This is his endowment and equipment for the investigation of reality. Man is not intended to see through the eyes of another, hear through another's ears nor comprehend with another's brain. Each human creature has individual endowment, power and responsibility in the creative plan of God."

'Abdu'l Baha, Promulgation of Universal Peace, Baha'i Publishing Trust, Wilmette, IL, 1982, p 293

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Interesting.
The Bahai faith does not believe in Satan the Devil as a powerful spirit being that creates a very negative influence on humanity and opposes God.
I talked to woman of the Bahai faith once, and she confirmed this. Also this came from a Bahai forum I googled

In the Baha'i writings, Satan refers to our lower nature.

"Shall we manifest hatred for His creatures and servants? This would be contrary to the will of God and according to the will of Satan, by which we mean the natural inclinations of the lower nature. This lower nature in man is symbolized as Satan -- the evil ego within us, not an evil personality outside." (Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 286)

Blaming all the problems in this world now and through history only on man's evil nature is huge error.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist

The Bahai faith has been tricked harder than most in this regard.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am a former Baha'i myself and after being away from the religion I can clearly see parallels to the Baha'i faith and the coming one world religion. Their stances are for a global government , global disarmament, global faith and yes they are endorsed by the United Nations. They even when speaking about their faith seldom fail to mention it as the fastest growing religion in the world.

I had many problems with the ideas so I fell into atheism before becoming a christian. One of the main issues was the fact that they act outwardly like they care about all religions being part of the true religion but they seldom actually teach people about these older faiths and mostly focus on Bahá'u'lláh and the Bab which as another poster pointed out is very closely tied to Islamic ideas and traditions.

The second issue I had and I have mentioned this in other threads is the fact that they teach that all of these religious figures are divine manifestations from the same god. When confronted with issues where one of these figures outright contradicts or condemns another manifestation or their ideas. They argue that each manifestation and their teachings are meant to mold people for that time period but this does not really address those issues like what those schools teach about the afterlife, or the nature or reality, the nature of god etc being completely at odds.

Their sites in Haifa are beautiful and fascinating but seem ominous to me now. Like it is being shaped to be a world headquarters with the house of justice and other buildings there. There are also ties to theosophy which I would presume rather natural considering the similarities in their ideas.

Charlene, Steve and Anthony brought with them several treasures from the San Francisco Bahá’í Center’s archives, including the W.J. Walters’ introductory remarks to a talk given by ‘Abdu’l-Baha at the San Francisco Lodge (October 1912), a letter from ‘Abdu’l-Baha to the Secretary of the Theosophical Society and the Editor of Scotland Theosophy, the text of a tablet praising Theosophical Society president Annie Besant, and the text of a discourse “upon the distinctive notes of Bahá’í teaching” that ‘Abdu’l-Baha delivered at Theosophical Headquarters (September 30th, 1911).

Source: Sanfranciso Theosophical Society

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: broctune
The Baha'i faith is the only world religion currently promoted by the United Nations. Thoughts? I'd never heard of it before today. Here's a link to their wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org...'%C3%AD_Faith

I'm going to find out more about it. Seems strange that this religion is based in Israel, calls for a world government, and is the only religion promoted by the United Nations. I think if there were a staged armageddon and we came out of it with a world government, this would be the religion we'd be forced to choose.

Nonsense. It is not "promoted" by the U.N. The U.N. was asked to advocate for the persecuted Baha'is of Iran, and that is all. The faith's altruistic principals make it a neutral for the U.N
All politics are corrupt in this day & age, and Baha'is do not participate in party politics. However, if an individual wants to hobnob with some politician, it's his business. But generally, no good comes of it. The faith is future oriented and its principals of world unity refer to genuine spiritual unity. Because of differences everywhere, there can be no one "world" government in the physical sense. In fact, there will be more small countries, not less. A common language would help with things like air control, but we almost have that with English anyway.

top topics

join