It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There can be no God in your mind/ empty your mind of God.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Being a god is a state of mind. A state of understanding, comprehension.

It sounds like you do not believe in 'A' God, in the 'Ancient World' sense of the word?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

So what is the argument? you agree the mind is limited not by itself but by the objective world outside of it.

The mind is limited by the imagination. There are people who have skipped over the objective world and traveled from the depths of space all the way to the inside of an atom, using only their mind. Their findings have been repeatedly corroborated by science.

My argument is that our mind is the greatest tool in the quest to become a god. Our body is necessary for changing the world, but not necessary for seeing it. And really, perception is one of the key ingredients to divinity. Divinity - not power, but understanding. With enough understanding, you can be as powerless as a fly caught in a web, and still be at peace. If there is a greater divinity than such a state of mind, then please, tell me. And even if there is, what use do we have for it?

Divinity...serenity in the face of chaos. Understanding in the face of ignorance. What better gift is there? What better quality?

I wouldn't jump off a building because I imagined I could fly. I would comprehend the limitions of the world outside and build a tool to aid in the ability.

Why is it you continue to provide examples of divinity catering to desire? Desire is a weakness. It implies greed, dissatisfaction. If you feel the need to fly, then you clearly don't understand the difference between luxury and necessity. And that, right there, is a huge barrier. It is a symptom of mortality, of ignorance.

Yes, because the answers will be found through reason allowing us to explain.

I have provided my explanations. If they're still not clear enough, let me know.

edit on 8-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If we learn to change to suit our own needs, we won't need a god. We'll take care of everything ourselves.

Howcome God can make a tree grow in a place where there is no water?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Howcome God can make a tree grow in a place where there is no water?

The same reason trees grow out of the side of cliffs. Do you have any idea how deep down roots can go? Not to mention that certain species of tree can thrive on astonishingly small amounts of water. Again, our knowledge is their ignorance. Our science is their witchcraft. Galileo found that out the hard way.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I mean, no water at all, just a seed and immense amounts of drought.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have given more reasonably sound refutes. According to you the mind is limited by imagination and is a tool. Which I already addressed here. Tools can be misused. Curiosity is a desire, and yes I am fueled with it. Flying was just used as an example much like drinking air and eating water was, which I do not have a desire to do. It seems we are destine to repeat ourselves. I remain curious, I wish to not just understand but know things by way of reason. While you understand without knowing.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I mean, no water at all, just a seed and immense amounts of drought.

Because we have temperature readings, condensation readings, soil composition, the tree's biological profile, exact geographical location cross referenced with temporal disposition...any of that?

Oh, you mean a story with an incredible lack of details by which to determine the conditions in which this "miracle" occurred...yeah, that's a foregone conclusion.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Spirit God, cause of all things. You're one of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Spirit God, cause of all things. You're one of them.

Yeah, I would have appreciated a little more of a choice in that decision.

But do you believe because you want to, or because it's the only logical conclusion in your perspective?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

There's no questioning about if we accepted life or not.

....... ?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

It seems we are destine to repeat ourselves. I remain curious, I wish to not just understand but know things by way of reason. While you understand without knowing.

I don't know what you're asking for.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join