It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

massive back side solar flare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Suspicious Observer's daily update. Review of his quake watch vs his threshold of 6.0 magnitude.A look at the Solar maximum, are in a phase of the sun cycle close to the next Maunder Minimum?

There was a far side Solar Flare this morning, video of the eruption, he almost goes out on a limb ( he always tries not to do this, just the facts) to call it x class. All reports so far call it m class. Cool video anyway.

Large Earth facing filament, keep a eye on it.

BTW here's a quote from Suspicious Observer's Comment section.

If you dont stop pitching for AGW bullcrap I'm going to remove Alex Jones from my crosshairs and replace it with you

[url.abovetopsecret.com]AboveTopSecret[/url]

wattsupwiththat.com... rt-the-sun-is-still-in-a-funk/

[url.abovetopsecret.com]AboveTopSecret[/url]< br />

Home page with all links.

Terms and Conditions - Please Review This Link

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, URL, organization, or business for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

edit on 3/7/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed you tube advertising

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Subscribed to this channel for quite a while already.

Very informative and comprehensive daily SITREPs about the sun and geological activity.

Before I found this channel I had to visit about 8 websites in order to get the full picture.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Yea, I really like his news. I did watch for awhile before I formed a opinion. But it is a positive opinion. I asked several people on this site what they thought. Nobody seemed to have heard of him, so I decided to start posting.Lot of info I like that he gives you the news, data, and links to form your own opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I understood absolutely nothing of what this guy was going on about nor could I make heads nor tails as to why it was even remotely relevant to anything.

"The sun has flares an the back side".

I could have turned this "3 minute news into five seconds".

I want the last three minutes of my life back.
edit on 5-3-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Neither did I when I first started watching. So I checked his links and educated myself, when I put some time into it I vastly increased my knowlage of what is going on in our area of the solar system, and planet earth.

If you look to his report for answers you won't get any. He will just point where to look, and let you draw your own conclusions. He does give some of his theroies put, he won't call them facts.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Try watching this first it might help a bit.

1) The climate change is real, and there is more to it than CO2 and 'global warming' - it is all extremes.
2) The entire solar system appears to be changing simultaneously.
3) The magnetic changes on earth began hundreds of years ago, and need to be tracked more effectively.
4) Weather modification appears to be implemented, and IMHO it is a zero-sum game.

Fact vs Opinion: The 'Weather Modification' segment contains many statements of my personal opinion on the negative aspects of the various applications. I have nothing but my humble opinion on those matters; humans survived this event before, and we can do it again now.

HAARP comments are meant to help focus our efforts to properly identify these various machines of modification. While auroral modulation has it's benefits, my negative comments about weather modification applies to HAARP as well

Star and flag

Quick update and a very important one too.

I promise that will be my one and only harlem shake post

edit on 5/3/2013 by skuly because: am i the only one that likes the harlem shake on ats

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Harlem Shake

You should have posted it separate, I couldn't give you another star.

BTW check your I.M I had a question for you.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We cannot detect Solar flares on the far side of the Sun.
That is a CME. CMEs do not have a classification system.
He's making things up.
edit on 3/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Remember Sunspot 1678? What appears to be a strong solar flare was observed this morning around our old friend and an impressive full-halo Coronal Mass Ejection is visible in the latest STEREO Behind COR2 imagery. Because this was a farsided event, the CME will have no impact on Earth. The solar rotation will bring the active region onto the eastern limb by this weekend

www.solarham.net...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
We cannot detect Solar flares on the far side of the Sun.
That is a CME. CMEs do not have a classification system.
He's making things up.
edit on 3/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Hey phage , I watched the video again. I did not hear any claim about detecting it. What I heard him claim was that "Most likely". Sorry my title on the opening statement may have been misleading.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Is there any equiptment between this massive ejection on the backside and mars since from the NOAA and Enlil spirals mars and stereo b look to be taking a direct hit, what sort of equip. does stereo b have , as well what sort of measuring equiptment does curiosity have would it be able to measure ground effects from such a CME?? Would we get pictures of possibly arouras, geomagnetic stroms measurements do our crafts there have that sort of ablilty??

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, we cannot detect and know the class of a solar flare on the backside of the Sun, but could we try to guess whether a CME on the backside is produced by a filament eruption or a flare? Also, can we estimate the size of a possible flare judging on how big or fast the CME looked on the backside?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Menedes567

but could we try to guess whether a CME on the backside is produced by a filament eruption or a flare? Also, can we estimate the size of a possible flare judging on how big or fast the CME looked on the backside?

Not based on any observations of just a CME. Not that I'm aware of.
I'm not sure that such speculation would be of much scientific value.

edit on 3/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join