It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shining Metallic Objects, Horned Rocks, and Bugs (?) on Martian surface from... Curiosity.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Arken
That pic is not a joke. It's real. And YES I think that it is a person in suit, boots, helmet and its weapon.

A 12 metres long person lying on the ground?

"The Hunter" is "Only" SIX meter tall, and seem descend from the slope with a weapon in his hands.

edit on 6-3-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Can you tell me the coordinates where you found that on Mars? Thanks.

"The Hunter" coordinates are: 8°12'02.60"S, 81°23'37.63"W. Rotate on South-East.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

the horn rock kinda looks like cookie monster eating a booger ^^

i dont so much see a bug in the last photo but what caught my eye as weird is the holes in the rocks, it looks pourus, kind of reminds me of that really light rock thats white/chalky in color it usualy has holes in it like these rocks. and of course anything shiny is always a piece of something off the ship .......OR SO THEY SAY OHH AHHH lol

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

horrible drawing j/k but you are right it does look like a chimp/monkey hehe

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
To me, it even looks highly reflective. If you look in the picture I posted, it looks like it might actually be reflecting light on to the larger rock looming over it it (the large rock to the left of it...there's a whitish rectangle on it).

Looking at the shape and position of the white object and the direction of the light, I doubt that brighter area on the rock is light reflected by the white object, as any light would be reflected to the opposite side.

But yes, those white objects are the strangest things on these photos. The fact that they appear not to be covered in dust suggests that they "arrived" recently at those places, so I think it's possible they came from the rover or the sky crane.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The fact that they appear not to be covered in dust suggests that they "arrived" recently at those places, so I think it's possible they came from the rover or the sky crane.

They are too far from the rover, and however they are on various images.
How many tons of debris were exploded on a so huge area from the sky crane, that permit to Curiosity to find them everywhere??

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

The fact that they appear not to be covered in dust suggests that they "arrived" recently at those places, so I think it's possible they came from the rover or the sky crane.

How many tons of debris were exploded on a so huge area from the sky crane, that permit to Curiosity to find them everywhere??

I can't say that being debris from the sky crane is 100 percent wrong or right.

I will say that if it is from it, Curiosity is so lucky it should be in Las Vegas clearing out the house!

It could be salt, maybe broken off from the larger rock? But then I would think that the spot on the rock would be brighter. And we'd see more of this in this one area.......

The pristine look of this object does suggest recent arrival, since there is no dust on it.

Again, I'm not suggesting that it's alien in origin. But it looks so damn out of place.

I think we should all contact JPL and ask them. Maybe it will get more attention by people. I just want to hear what they have to say about it.

That or I've been reading one too many of Arken's threads! hehehehehe
edit on 6-3-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I think we should all contact JPL and ask them. Maybe it will get more attention by people. I just want to hear what they have to say about it.

That or I've been reading one too many of Arken's threads! hehehehehe

Nice. thanks.

I can only imagine what could happen for the next thread..

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
All I see are rocks, looks like you have a severe case of pareidolia.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sorry, I cant see the "Bug".

But I do see a 1934 Lincoln disguised as a rock, those crafty Martians, thought they'd put one across us Earthians, ha! got you now......
edit on 6-3-2013 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Skycrane debris would have been my guess as well. Whereas the different (bright white) coloring is indeed somewhat irritating. Have there been any duststorms lately?

And how would that come together with the triangular shaped artifact that obviously also came from the descent stage (as mentioned in this post) and which is uniformly colored just like the dust-covered rocks in that area?

A lot of questions ... and no definite answer yet.

I can only guess that the white stuff may be something that fell off 'earlier', during the descent, and that the triangular grid-like beams perhaps were covered by dust during the impact prior to being blown away towards Rocknest. But that, too, is just speculation for now. We'll have to wait until some official explanation will be released in that regard.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

As always you deliver some interesting goods Arken. Great stuff !!

At this time NASA has probably your threads under the favorite button. When you come up with Mars finds like these they sent Curiosity back in for a closer inspection. Without informing us of their findings...of course.

S&F

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeep3r
And how would that come together with the triangular shaped artifact that obviously also came from the descent stage (as mentioned in this post) and which is uniformly colored just like the dust-covered rocks in that area?

I don't think that the triangular looking object came from the descent stage, as it does not look as clean as it should, and if it was covered in dust that the object itself raised when hitting the ground then we should see the hit mark.

I am not even sure if it's one object or a perspective trick.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Everywhere? Are you forgetting that Curiosity took more than 48000 photos? In how many do we see those white objects?

Also, the direction Curiosity is going more or less in the direction of the place where the heat shield fell, so instead of sky crane debris they may be heat shield separation debris.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Public announcement of a malfunction is a private term for public blackout, Mars is 4200 miles across one side to the other, Earth is 7900 miles across. Its possible the size of Martian reality is too small for the naked human eye to discern, only very large Martian structures may be visible to a humanoid.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Those shining objects 1 & 2 are very interesting! I'm really glad your keeping a watch on this and posting up what you find, keep up the good work mate!
S & F

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Whilst looking and zooming in the panorama: 708773main_PIA16453_sol64_from_Rocknest_WB.jpg
i discovered another shiny object. Not visible until you pan to the far right and zoom in.

seems i cannot upload a pic..

also in this pan from sol06

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 6-3-2013 by Intermediator313 because: inserted link

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

My thought on the shiny object thingy is, I think might just be a part of the rover that fell off, as someone else has already mentioned, but then again it could be some sort of ancient martian form of currency that hasn't been uhmmmm I can't think of the word but the best I can think of is "biodegraded?" Not sure what it is but it is very interesting

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by Arken

As always you deliver some interesting goods Arken. Great stuff !!

At this time NASA has probably your threads under the favorite button. When you come up with Mars finds like these they sent Curiosity back in for a closer inspection. Without informing us of their findings...of course.

S&F

Thanks zatara.

Effectively this sudden malfunctioning of the Rover is quite strange and quite suspicious, because it happen right few days after from my discovery of fossils. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fortunately I do not believe in Conspiracy Theories, OTHERWISE, I WOULD HAVE TO THINK THAT NASA/JPL Team IS STUDYING, IN SECRET and in a closer inspection , MY DISCOVERY.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join