It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My roommate awoke to a green orb and he took a picture!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Hahah, very funny. I've got some magic beans if you're interested?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think its aliens of the tiny types in their UFO

edit on 4-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This thread is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
This thread is ridiculous.

like 80% of the threads on ATS lately. like the gilgamesh thread with 100+ flags from a 2003 article....

place is really getting bad.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That could be anything

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is not an Orb but is most likely some kind of rare creature which our skies and upper atmosphere is teaming with. I have seen similar with Night-vision Goggles when I was offshore in Costa Rica but, they were white luminous, not green and were or various sizes.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I couldn't edit my post again to add this but here is a link so you can see the pictures I took if your interested there on the 2nd page, laters

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-3-2013 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here is a green squiggle on a flickr account. It was taken in a dark room and the green is from a light on a PC speaker:

Here is a green and red squiggle. This was actually taken during a ghost hunt, but it looks like they concluded the green and red were reflections from a green and red light on their ghost box (although the ghost box itself isn't in the picture).

If this isn't your roommate just straight up trying to mess with you, I think he may have caught a reflection of either your razor light or some other green light in the room. You said he claimed to be half asleep when he took it, so he could have just caught a glimpse of it and his imagination took care of the rest... again, assuming he isn't just trying to screw with you.

Anyway, I have no idea but thought that the comparison pictures might help.
edit on 4-3-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hey, thanks for sharing this excellent tale.

I haven't read through the pages of responses yet, but I did see the picture provided.

What I am getting from this: He woke up, saw a green orb floating in the room (Timer starts upon seeing orb)

5 seconds.... Camera in his hands..... 3-5 more seconds to get into camera mode .... 2.5 seconds before picture is taken.

So we're looking at a window of a sighting lasting from 10 to 15 seconds.

This would be enough time for him to evaluate if it was: A lazer, a firefly, swamp gas.

----

Did the orb just "dissapear"?

I'd really like to hear a more full chronological detailing of what happened, but my instincts are telling me this is the real deal.

..... My little story, and the only *direct* paranormal thing i've *seen*: Was sitting on my couch in the living room, in the afternoon with plenty of light in the room - A golden orb wisps by my face, passed my shoulder, then arcs up like a feather in the wind until dissapearing completely. But I was able to completely track it with my eyes the entire time.
My first instinct was dehydration, however the fact that I was able to follow it with my eyes the entire time really intrigued me.

.... They say that it is one of many forms a spirit/dimensional entity takes - or rather, that we are capable of perceiving in our very limited frame of light.

Thanks for sharing again! Where's Ghost Bustin Bill Murray when ya need him, eh?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is the same effect as a green LED modulating on a long exposure. You can get a similar effect with video when the modulation speed is different than the video picture frames. We had a 'UFO' scenario like this on ATS some time ago.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Obviously the picture is bare minimum.

Assuming this is a hoax, then of course it could be *anything*.

Like if elephants didn't exist in your world, and you were blind, and felt it's ear: You could very easily suggest you are holding a fan.

Point being: Majority of this tale, like most people's experiences - must be taken at the person's word. If he turns out to be a liar, then we can always take comfort in the hours of research we've done on the paranormal pheomena - if real, it serves as a drop in the bucket.
edit on 4-3-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by smurfy

Obviously the picture is bare minimum.

Assuming this is a hoax, then of course it could be *anything*.

Like if elephants didn't exist in your world, and you were blind, and felt it's ear: You could very easily suggest you are holding a fan.

Point being: Majority of this tale, like most people's experiences - must be taken at the person's word. If he turns out to be a liar, then we can always take comfort in the hours of research we've done on the paranormal pheomena - if real, it serves as a drop in the bucket.
edit on 4-3-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

I did a lot of investigation into LED's in that previous thread, concerning a video of UFO's over London, and so did a lot of others, and it turned out that the videoman was telling porkies, your'e welcome to look for it here at ATS. Guess what, videoman was a friend of the thread OP, and had he/she convinced that what was on the video was real.
You see, what is bothering me, is that the OP took a picture of the singular green light in the bathroom, so there is a green light, and likely an LED. Knowing that, I understand that the same effect could be reproduced as is the topic of this thread, that's where my part ends.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
So it could be the razor light, taken with a (fast) moving camera.

Yes, that "pulsing" caught with the longer exposure is perfectly indicative of some kind of green LED light. The next time you're driving and following a car with LED tail lights, jiggle your eyes fast and you'll see exactly the same kind of segmented trail.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Yes, that "pulsing" caught with the longer exposure is perfectly indicative of some kind of green LED light. The next time you're driving and following a car with LED tail lights, jiggle your eyes fast and you'll see exactly the same kind of segmented trail.

Exactly, that's why LED's are custom modulated, not so important in a car..perhaps, but an aircraft in an a 'rough' emergency like turbulence the pilots need to see their instruments correctly. Sometimes it's called the 'string of pearls' effect. Just to add, video cams or film cameras mostly pick up the modulation by way of their own frame speeds, sometimes they pick up the modulation in neons in much the same way, which is a much 'softer' effect with more continuity. It's also likely a headache for movie makers where there are very modern cars in film.
edit on 4-3-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Great info - and confirming what many here are obviously suspecting.

But...
two important follow-up questions...
(1) How the heck do you jiggle your eyes?
(2) How do you jiggle your eyes without crashing into the car with LED tail lights?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So here we are then...
I love all of the comments both positive and negative, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm kind of glad that is wasn't me that saw the thing and snapped the photo, otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out trying to convince the detractors that I ACTUALLY SAW THIS AND HALF OF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME

With that being said, I promised that I would try and provide exif info for the 2 photographs that I uploaded. One was the original picture from the OP, the other was a picture that I took last night while trying to reproduce the effect in the original. While this information would only provide more insight into the photos themselves and may serve to verify whether or not the photos had been manipulated, I think the real issue is whether or not the original photo was genuine or staged. I downloaded BR's exif extracter (his spelling not mine) and had 50% success. I know it's not what we want to hear, but only the photo that I took has exif info. So, I will need to gain direct access to the phone that took the original and will do my best to get that done quickly.

The original photo was named by the phone (Moto Razor I believe) as: 2012-12-079521.14.54.jpg and it has a resolution of 2048x1536. The photo that I took last night of the rechargable razor LED (which once again was not visible from the room where the original was taken) has the following exif info:

Name: 2013-03-03 22.41.04.jpg
Camera Manufacturer and Model: Samsung SCH-S720C
Width x Height: 1536 x 2048
Size of Image File: 426232
Exposure (1/sec): 8-Jan ???
Aperture: f2.6
ISO: 400
Was flash used?: No
Distance: 0
Focal Length: 3

Well, there is is - Not sure what that proves or disproves...

My roomate is still adamate and assures me that he is not pulling my leg, and I believe him.
He has no reason to make this kind of thing up. In the end though, we may never know. I just thought that it was worth shaing here and am still very intrigued by the fact that no one, especially not the detractors - have offered-up a reproduction that even comes close to what the original looks like. I just really don't think that he has any special skills that would allow him to 'fudge' a photo like this. One would also think that if it were due to other lighting in the apartment, that it would be visible every night. Why just that one time??
I'm still going to experiment tonight with a laser and will hopefully have a few more pics of my results to post here.

I'm not even going to attempt to address the myriad of replies that I received in this post, although I'll probably try to pick through them and answer any pertinent questions that I've been posed at some point. One comment that comes to mind is that it sure was dark. Yep, it was. My room has thick curtains with not much outside light to shine through, plus it was nighttime...
I just sent him a text suggesting that we get together so I can access the SD card plus have him here to answer more questions in detail, maybe we can dig a bit further before writing this off and/or closing the thread.

Thanks again for all of your comments, I'll go back through them after dinner.

ETA: I'm asking more questions at this moment, his first comment was: "The real odd thing is that the bedroom door was wide open and normally it's light enough in there to maneuver around in the dark but it was completely black beyond the door like an extra sheet of darkness, you couldn't see anything behind it." I asked if after he took the pic did it just disappear? He said that it was visible for about 45 seconds before he took the pic and afterwards "it just kind of faded back and disappeared into the darkness I would say about 2-3 minutes"...

edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That helps by a factor of almost 0%. You need to upload the original untouched, unedited photos, both of them. The shutter time should not be the 8th of january for example. I'd love to help, but given these scant details and lack of orignals, I'd say this is a complete farce.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It seems so since they are different types of objects a sphere has particular characteristics and should not jumbled together with what for the description seem to be a segment of some type of energy. Then there is the issue with using proper labels and descriptions I do think that if anyone intends to be understood and taken seriously it should strive to be at least able to correctly describe stuff up...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
All we need is the ORIGINAL photo taken from your roommate's phone. There are plenty of free upload sites, imgur, pixlr, whatever, google "free image upload sites", and create an account. Upload it.

We just need the original photo. That's all. Really. Honest.

Let the members of ATS have a look at it. Without a certified "original" image, with exif data intact, there's really nothing to prove, and you are at risk of presenting a hoax and being BANNED for doing so. Is your membership worth that?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yup I would go with your assessment, probably a firefly (the green color seems right about the type of common organic chemiluminescent, it could even be a gaseous phenomena or as you point out a camera or image artifact).

Now orbs especially those plasma orbs that have been so illusive are a distinct phenomena and due to their "energetic" nature may behave as under an intelligence but I see no similarity here. I'm not an aficionado of orbs but these types of orbs are the ones I have more interest in, especially since a video in Arthur C. Clarke show if I remember it correctly indicated the possibility of a link to some crop circles, something that I feel is plausible to some degree (I do not believe in crop circles messages).

Then we have the reports of more paranormal things like in the Skinwalker ranch, that are of another nature all together. Myself I do not give it much credit to those reports but do have an open mind... like to similar poltergeist activity, blobs of ectoplasm...

In any case the image depicts a segment, a strand, without any more information about the direct observation I do not see a need to call it an orb, the size also seems diminute in relation to other reports so I'm inclined to your solution regarding a insect...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join