It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My roommate awoke to a green orb and he took a picture!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Don't know what to make of the OP's pic but I have seen a green orb, under very similar circumstances as well.
I woke up one night and there was an orb in my room. My reaction was to hide under the covers haha. When I looked outside of the covers a few seconds later it was gone.

I might have been inclined to believe it was a hypnagogic hallucination if it weren't for several factors, including that it lit my whole room up with a green light and the fact that I have seen similar things with another witness, not to mention the plethora of documentation on the "ball lightning" phenomenon.

I've brought it up in a few relevant threads on ATS, here's one of them from almost two years ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on 30-5-2011 @ 12:58 PM this post
reply to post by LiveEquation

I have been 'visited' by a green 'orb' about 7 years ago. It was roughly the size of a grapefruit from what I recall.

Since that time I have seen a few anomalous orbs of light or 'ufos' in the sky.

One was incredibly close, and both ufo orbs were witnessed by me and another person.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Yeah, you never know Veghead...
I know that he did post it on Facebook, I don't use FB but if he was just trying to pull one over on me I don't think he would have done that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
shutter speed + hand movement for the 'line' shape.

I had forgotten; but I remember seeing something similar when I was a child, fly through my room.

The picture isn't a great representative for size. My experience, at least in distant memory, I would describe what I saw to be around golf ball sized or a tad larger ... seemed to float from the window, through the room, and out the bedroom door.

Interesting the one your friend saw stayed around long enough to get a capture.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Well, if he IS pulling your leg then he is certainly "committed to the bit" by posting it on FB too when you aren't even on FB!

I have to say that when I saw the picture of the green light on your razor, I got a super creepy idea that it was the razor's green light he was seeing -- as in the razor was dancing around and doing a figure 8 in the air. A poltergeist kind of thing.

Was it light enough in the room for him to see that it was only a green orb and nothing attached to it? Was he able to tell how big it was? When did it go away? Did it fly off or just disappear?
edit on 4-3-2013 by VegHead because: added more questions

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
some closeups, filters;

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
i thought i saw an orb during the last obama speech on the budget pass by the camera.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

I see a strand not an orb...

That's because the thing moved. Points of light leave trails on a picture if it moves too fast or if the camera is shaky.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Nice! I think I'm going to take that pic as a desktop background.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i always enjoy threads like this, i immediately think to myself.. How Do You Keep An ATS Member In Suspense? haha then you have the build-up and enviable let-down. i'm sure this experience had merit to the poster and roommate but knowing ATS members you probably should have reviewed the pictured a few more times before posting.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Your Roommates background history is interesting - the type of work he did ..

Sounds like before he was involved a lot with government? and military projects...
Now keep a open possible theory here with paranormal and its mass proof
even before technology was able to manipulate it - I dont need too detail into that-

Orbs - and what your friend saw - in compare is a different entity - I could say that they are both linked in that
"Level" ill put it - Each color of entity's representing a meaning...

Many ATS member's that iv'e read on similar experiences seemed to have a stressed or life changing event due to there past or a experience reclaiming to them in the moment(s)

Maybe your roommate ( Im assuming) Has past traumatic events, memory's - Memory's enlightened emotion.. emotions gives off energy (auras)..

I give with these warnings ; maybe with a mixture of belief; and more so will inhighten personal belief for you and your roommate..
Green i know means "healing" as an energy form -
It sounds like he has protection because of his past - and he doesn't even know it.. but this age of knowledge is expanding at ALL "levels"..
Try maybe for him and yourself - question it more - treat it with emotion like you would introducing yourself to a human.. Practice it- with caution -sounds like the perfect time...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

are you sure thats a real pic of your room.
edit on 4-3-2013 by shelbylcollins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I wish that there was anything else visible in the picture. I understand that the lights were out, but wow, that is one dark room.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Bingo!

I believe the pulses could be AC cycling at 60 cycle per second or the quick flutter of a digital light source. The cycling could be determined by dividing the pulses by the duration of the shutter speed. If it was 60 cycles per second, then the shutter speed would have been at 1/25 of a second. IMO, it seems to me that an analog flashlight with a DC electrical source would have produced a continuous, blurred trail. Based on the pulsations, I'd say it was from a man made source.

And as if that wasn't enough it turns out there is a same sized green AC light source in the apartment. The shaving recharger. OP and his room mate should just fess up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Saw a documentary on "rods" some time ago. It basically proved they do not exist. Apparently nobody ever actually sees them. Only cameras catch the "rods". Actually only digital cameras. The explanation is because of the digital chip that captures the image. In a standard camera you have a shutter speed. But in a digital you have the same thing but kinda more like a clock speed for a CPU. What happens is the image of a flying insect is captured so fast, but with multiple distinct images that seem bound together as a "rod". This is peculiar to digital cameras only as far as I know

I have never researched the rods thing. But I think if you do look into it, you will see it all started around the time digital camera technology came out...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hmmm, well its definetly moving, or the camera is moving. Unfortunetly its is very easy to make this effect with a camera, and could be something as simply as photographing a small light, Example the light on the monitor of a computer and while moving the camera, you snap the pic. I want ot believe its something else.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Interesting because if you take a picture of something moving, it would most likely be blurred, but this just looks stretched.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Occam's Razor implies that rather than looking for a supernatural and/or alien source for this image ... how about it being something as mundane as a glo-stick thats been twisted and then photo'd in a very dark room.

Actually, that's exactly what it looks like.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

The effect itself may be easy to create but the precision of the twisting sine wave which appears to be quite linear even as it starts turning toward the shutter may be harder to reproduce.
The pulsing could be an green L.E.D powered by a simple flasher circuit. Somebody else posted that they thought the razors Green light could be the source of such an AC frequency pulse (~60Hz), I just don't think you could hold a cell phone camera in one hand and the razor charger in the other, then aim the camera and maintain that smooth of a motion while pressing whatever button you need to snap the shot.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.
One night I woke up to a blue orb smaller than a basketball, bigger than a soft ball, hovering in front of my bedroom windows. I put my hand on my wife to wake her up and she said that she was watching it. After a little bit, it just turned off. I turned the lights on and we spent a little bit of time trying to debunk it but failed. It was three dimensional and in the room with us. It was casting light below and behind it but it was not like a typical light would do. I told my wife that 'they' were probably here to take me again.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
OP I think your roommate and you are probably telling the truth about this and I would like to add something that mite help. I took some picture of an orb that still after all these year time to time flies over the town of about 6000 people that I live in and even though I stood very still while taking the pictures of it each picture showed all kinds of different patterns like if I was shaking the camera or it was moving all over the place but it moved in a strait line for the most part and I even tried to take a picture of a light while moving the camera wildly to see if I could get that effect but what I got looked more like what a comet would look like streaking through the sky. Would post more now but I got to go pick up the kids from school I'll post some more in a few, good luck figuring it out cause I'm still scratching my head about what the heck these orbs could be.

I'm back the pictures I took were of a bright white orb about 1 - 3 feet around and it was at about 500 - 1000 feet high.It flies the same path every time and at 19:00 - 21:00 on random days so its a bit different but I thought I would share and I even called the FBI and made a MUFON report and my gf our daughters and neighbors have see it along with many others I'm sure. My question is our they ours and if not what are they and what are they doing?!
edit on 4-3-2013 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join