It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the sequester cuts will hurt you and benefit BIG BUSINESS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A look at the news over the weekend brings up several concerns about how these non-discretionary cuts will affect us. I doubt those areas that could stand huge cuts (the military – a lot of their money’s are off the books to begin with so that will just get larger, foreign aid, interest payments, I can’t begin to think of them all) will see any actual decrease in spending. There will be no cuts to PUBLIC PAYMENTS to BIG BUSINESS; in fact, there will be more public moneys going directly to BIG BUSINESS (i.e. subcontracting).

1) Ecological disaster clean up. The moral and ethical responsibility of those that created them, correct? No, the public foots the bill while these companies – BP, Exxon, General Electric, etc; continue to rake in huge profits. Cuts will slow down the already dangerously slow progress on these clean-ups.

Sequester Energy Cuts Could Affect Nuclear Waste Cleanup At Sites Including Hanford
www.huffingtonpost.com...

2) Public Health will suffer at a time when there are more dangerous and untreatable contagious diseases popping up all the time.

Dangerous TB Patient Detained on U.S. Border
online.wsj.com...

3) Public Works projects, desperately needed repairs to bridges, levies, dams, roads, electrical grids, water resources already stalled by lack of public funds will be further slowed. How many more people will die.

Sequester cuts will hurt the public, Connecticut lawmakers say
www.westhartfordnews.com...

4) Public testing of the food supply, drugs and other real consumer protections (such as they are today) will be even scarcer.

2013 Sequester Cuts: Funding For Food And Aviation Safety Would Be Cut, White House Details State by State Impact
www.ibtimes.com...
5) Schools will lose even more funding….

Sequester cuts could hurt local schools
Local school districts would loose millions in federal funding

Read more: www.kcra.com...
www.kcra.com...

6) Border Patrol, Coast Guard, Air Traffic Controllers, Law Enforcement, Fire and Hazardous Materials Protection, Mass transit will all lose federal funds.

Sequester budget cuts could drain Hurricane Sandy relief funds
www.nydailynews.com...

The list can go on – BUT these are all opportunities for BIG CAPITAL to further PRIVATIZE public assets to create more PROFIT at our expense.

It’s a scam that’s been running since Ronald Reagan’s busting of the Air Traffic Controllers Union and his Voodoo economics of PRIVATE PROFIT at PUBLIC EXPENSE.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So if we don't have new taxes how do we fix the budget?

Wait for it............

We don't. Epic spending at all levels of Government especially those that benefit the wealthiest people of the Nation will continue unabated.

The only ones that will suffer will be those that have little already. Chris Rock once did a comedy routine about being rich vs. being wealthy. It was truth incarnate.

The wealthy make the rules and when they do so it is with their interests and their interests alone in mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
7. The sky will fall.

8. Sunshine pumps will be shut down in the poorest communities.

9. There will be a blinker light fluid shortage, no one will know who's turning in what direction.

Pladuim

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't know about there being anything good coming out of this and especially for business. DOD cuts strike hardest and longest across contractors of all shapes and sizes. All types of contracts. It's going to be REAL ugly at the Pentagon, of all places. Perhaps that's needed, but not THIS way. Like everything else, it's cutting dollars that need cut but cutting by the worst and most painful means possible.

We're seeing the "or else" part of a "Do it my way or else!" declaration made a couple years ago. It's the fact Boehner, Reid and Obama actually let it come to pass and go into effect that I find unforgivable....but if this runs long at all, I don't believe many but those shorting stocks on anything remotely connected to contracts right now will call it a beneficial thing. This is going to hurt everyone and on both sides ...because it was specifically designed to.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Their budgets are actually increased. They just didn't get as much of an increase. Where a dept would expect an 8% increase, they only get a 4% increase. The entire thing is total BS. We give ten times more to other countries than were talking about here. The sky is falling is getting a bit boring.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Forgot this one...

FBI Warns Sequestration Will Hamper All Their Hard-Hitting Wall Street Investigations

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by FyreByrd

Forgot this one...

FBI Warns Sequestration Will Hamper All Their Hard-Hitting Wall Street Investigations

At least this way, THEY won't have to 'pull' a building to stop the investigations.....

new topics

top topics

join