It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sperling Admits . . . The President Did Propose the Sequester

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So Obama proposed the spending cuts.....

And he waits until the 11th hour to start hysterics about how this is
so terrible, and how fluffy bunnies are going to die.

Well, why did he not take proactive stance on it?

Maybe the economy is going to tank, as in crash, and this is a great
set up to blame it on anyone but his failed policies of the last 4 years.

Obama cant blame Bush forever can he?

Yes We Can

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Way to ignore my point.

Heck you even managed to bring in Obama blaming bush in there too. /clap

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by burntheships

Way to ignore my point.

Heck you even managed to bring in Obama blaming bush in there too. /clap

What point? That Obama isn't liberal enough for you?

Face facts that the liberal social experiment that has been going on for decades is a flop. Money has been spent but the liberals keep on trying to find more money to spend.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think people are missing it. The sequestor is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

edit on 3-3-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: Video fix

edit on 3-3-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: Third try

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I am tired of the president blaming everyone but himself for the mess we're all in. Yes, there is a big fight between himself and the GOP but please take some responsibility. You are the president, after all.

When I was a manager it didn't matter what happened that seemed out of my control. I had to take responsibility for everything because I was the manager. Blaming things on others only made me look bad. (And weak)

Blaming others make you look bad, Mr. President.
edit on 3-3-2013 by texasgirl because: Added on

As in business, Obama puts on the front of looking out for everyone but in the background, it's him at the helm. He's very good at putting someone on the firing lines both in the WH and in any other Nation he decides. He's a coward hiding behind everyone else and his only interest is trying to look like the good guy.

He is the one steering America to ruin and making it look like he has no power to stop it. In reality, it's all a game.

Unfortunately so many are buying it.

He is the most cowardly President I've ever seen.

All show and no substance. And yet, where's the impeachment America?

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We didn't impeach George W. so we won't impeach Obama. After all, he did win the Nobel Peace Prize (I am still trying to figure that one out!)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

So Obama proposed the spending cuts.....that republicans keep saying we need....and now Republicans are mad about the spending cuts, or mad it was his idea?

Yes Obummer proposed the cuts........

Yes republicans keep saying we need them.......

And now republicans are mad about the spending cuts? Not quite......

It's more about what he chooses not to cut....
The following are incredibly stupid things that the federal government is spending money on….

#1 The U.S. government is spending $750,000 on a new soccer field for detainees held at Guantanamo Bay.

#2 The Obama administration plans to spend between 16 and 20 million dollars helping students from Indonesia get master’s degrees.

#3 If you can believe it, the U.S. government has spent $175,587 “to determine if coc aine makes Japanese quail engage in sexually risky behavior”.

#4 The U.S. government spent $200,000 on “a tattoo removal program” in Mission Hills, California.

#5 The federal government has shelled out $3 million to researchers at the University of California at Irvine to fund their research on video games such as World of Warcraft. Wouldn’t we all love to have a “research job” like that?

#6 The Department of Health and Human Services plans to spend $500 million on a program that will, among other things, seek to solve the problem of 5-year-old children that “can’t sit still” in a kindergarten classroom.

#7 Fannie Mae is about to ask the federal government for another $4.6 billion bailout, and it will almost certainly get it.

#8 The federal government once spent 30 million dollars on a program that was designed to help Pakistani farmers produce more mangos.

#9 The U.S. Department of Agriculture once gave researchers at the University of New Hampshire $700,000 to study methane gas emissions from dairy cows.

#10 According to USA Today, 13 different government agencies “fund 209 different science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education programs — and 173 of those programs overlap with at least one other program.”

Source

The list is a little dated (and there are many), and this is just 10 but still relevant to the topic because it has done nothing but grown.

So to say they are mad it was his idea is just a little short sighted.

The cuts that should see the light of day won't.

And the stupidity death spiral of this country continues.......

I think I will apply for a grant to study if dogs owned by democrats have a fetish for only sniffing their own poo!

edit on 4-3-2013 by AkHolic because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Sperling can't hide from the simple truth.... Too bad his boss is somehow still able to keep hiding behind the curtain while giggling like a little school girl.

My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved.

articles.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Why do I feel like we are being herded in this discussion like cattle mooing at each other on the way to the slaughterhouse.....its depressing. Shouldn't the discussion be our reaction and possible solutions to these agendas that are being shoved down our throat?

Buy physical silver and grow a garden

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AkHolic

Then why don't the Republicans propose to cut those things? Why do they sit back and complain that Obama isn't providing them with enough cuts? The things I hear them talking about cutting, aren't even what you mention.

The fact is those stupid expenditures, are most likely going to a friend or family member of congress. It truly isn't Obama's fault. It's not his duty to write the budget, it's Congress'.

Blaming Obama for everything under the sun is detrimental to getting anything done.
You guys are so caught up and blinded with hate that you don't see it.

The cuts that should see the light of day won't.

Like the military? The budget for that is outrageous. More than 25% of our budget, but Republicans refuse to touch that.

We all need to be mad at Congress. Both Democrats and Republicans!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I give him credit, he's probably the best I've ever seen at what he does... all except golf, with that lurch of a swing, I think I can beat him quite easily--as long as the score keeper is non-partisan and he didn't cheat too bad.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The president is good at the game of divide and conquer. With that said the sequester was a step in the right direction. The federal government has over extended itself, it's no longer sustainable. This is the reason why Rome fell. If we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.
edit on 4-3-2013 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Fact is 0bama's likely the most inept president we have had in modern times. All that he has succeeded in doing is dividing the country. And for what purpose? He is not now nor has he ever been Pro American, his whole platform was 'Change' And from what the previous two administrations, and more so the Bush Jr. administration had done to the economy had done with the Iraq war, Bush and Chenney had left us in shambles while filling their pockets. So America was looking for a savior. and white Americans got sucked into this Black thing by guilt-voting for a black man. Obama was nothing more than a lawyer cheer leader of questionable parents shrouded in mystery.
He will either destroy this Nation and install a new type of government or dis assemble most all of our Constitutional rights. They are the only thing keeping our country from absolute Tyranny, and they must be disposed of to succeed in his plan.

Now he's going after Social Security, Medicare and second amendment rights. And were only two months into the next four years. He has got to be reigned in or we will fail as a nation. He is simply not even qualified to be a court jester.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Now I have a question about SEQUESTER...
If the budget went up 3% this year and the SEQUESTER only dropped everything by 2.5%. That means a grand total of a .5% increase...
So, my question is. All the issues with the defense and the border, is this just another Obama way of destroying America?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Some one in this forum has to be either smart enough or 'inside' to find out how Obama 'won' the Nobel Peace prise. Or maybe George Soros just bought it for him...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And don't forget the $200 million that John Kerry just gave to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveinats
And don't forget the $200 million that John Kerry just gave to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt...

I hope that everyone remembers that while they are missing their plane because Janet Napolitano's TSA is short-handed, since they have no money because of Obama's sequester.....

The Muslim Brotherhood got theirs.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hmmm....

a PowerPoint presentation that Boehner’s office developed with the Republican Policy Committee and sent out to the Capitol Hill GOP on July 31, 2011. Intended to explain the outline of the proposed debt deal, the presentation is titled: “Two Step Approach to Hold President Obama Accountable.”

Slide from the presentation by Boehner to his GOP caucus July 31st 2011...

It’s essentially an internal sales document from the old dealmaker Boehner to his unruly and often unreasonable Tea Party cohort. But it’s clear as day in the presentation that “sequestration” was considered a cudgel to guarantee a reduction in federal spending—the conservatives’ necessary condition for not having America default on its obligations.

Boehners full powerpoint at the link...
www.thedailybeast.com...

Just as long as we are shooting for honesty?

Now it's worth noting that...

Boehner's office contests that characterization, arguing that the PowerPoint was simply Boehner’s attempt to explain the president's plan to the Republican caucus. "This slide simply shows a description of the Budget Control Act after President Obama insisted on including his sequester," says Boehner spokesman Michael Steel.

But Boehner proposed it to his caucus as HIS idea to "Hold Obama Accountable!"...so back to he said...he said..
edit on 6-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Well, you'd be mistaken if you thought I'd defend Boehner with my little finger, let alone any serious effort or time spent. He's a loser as much as anyone else in Washington. He's been in the House for 22 years. That's far longer than I think anyone ought to be making a career out of simply being a civil servant and representing the people. He's more than been there long enough to be a core PART of the problem. Far too long to be a part of the solution.

Then again, so has Reid, Pelosi (and then some) and a good number of others on both right and left sides of the proverbial isle. There is a whole little "class" of career elected politician and that is what I think MOST needs to stop. Party aside and secondary.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

edit on 7-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join