It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Helicopter Kills Two Children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I'm going to simply say this. I've yet to say anything was a slam dunk at all here. My point from the start was that we didn't know enough to be as outraged and suggesting these guys are blind killers as it started.

You've stated that the Taliban even operating in the area was purely speculative, as the article you originally quoted also states. Neither is actually a factual presentation of conditions in that part of Afghanistan. However, the article is written heavily from one perspective and agenda, just as this thread seems to have been. I supplied a piece of an operational intelligence briefing to support the known presence and activity of Taliban fighters in that specific place. (There is quite a bit more and from a range of dates for that area)
___

As another noted, I enjoy your threads because you're usually balanced and well read on what you present. You're generally open to looking at all sides and considering different possibilities. You do it all from the opposite side of things from where I live, but that makes it more interesting and enjoyable, not less so.

That gets a little rough when you start accusing people of not reading what you've posted. I wouldn't have had the detail to add for context, had I not read it. As those details come toward the end and not start of the piece you linked. Provocative is the only way to term the continued suggestion I didn't or wouldn't read it.
___

What you may not consider is that your OP isn't the first piece I've heard or read on this specific incident or that in considering it, I am considering other events in that district of Afghanistan for context in an incident that, on the face of it, makes little sense. Some people are content to consider NATO forces to TRULY BE murderers or SO indifferent to human life, that they could coldly murder unarmed children, knowingly, and have no second thoughts to it.

That's a near scary level of hate I find toward troops of our own nations, as I've understood you to be a citizen of a Western nation. That's suggesting we have thousands and perhaps many 10's of thousands of cold blooded serial killers among us. After all, these troops ...like this Helicopter crew...are our friends, neighbors and family.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Reports coming through that Prince Harry was the trigger man.....well my neighbour told me and she never lies to me...

Your neighbor is lying to you

He has returned to England and here is proof.

You can’t keep a good party animal down: Prince Harry was at it again on the weekend. Back from his latest gig in Afghanistan, he hit a London hot spot Friday night. The British papers had a lot of detail, none of it scandalous.

He was out with his cousin Princess Beatrice and a couple of minor British TV celebs at Bodo’s Schloss, a resto-disco owned by his pal Thomas van Straubenzee. He bought a round of shots for the house, flirted with Ashley Roberts of the Pussycat Dolls, was in a good mood and kept his clothes on.

www.montrealgazette.com...

The article is a couple weeks old.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Accidents do sadly happen, but how they can mistake two young boys collecting firewood for insurgents, is anybodies guess.

Personally I'm of the opinion that NATO should be disbanded. In fact it should have been disbanded with the collapse of the Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

First off, this is not a real war, it is a brutal occupation. There is no excuse for killing children

I don't have anything to argue against here. I for one don't give a fart in the wind about the "war on terror" beyond the side effect that as long as it is going on, women and little girls can go to school in Afghanisan, at least until the Taliban regain control and crack down on them again.

If they really wanted to wage a war on terrorism, you start by attacking the thing that makes them terrorists: Quran and Muhammad.

Then instead of apologizing when you burn Quran's, you respond by burning even more, and when they start to riot over you destroying their book, execute them. The you wash, rinse and repeat, until there aren't anymore left to riot. Once they get the idea that our people are not some little weaklings that will bow down and grovel everytime they piss and moan about the lack of political correctness while they are unfettered by such western notions of respecting other religions, maybe then they will understand that the way they have been living for the last 1400 years has come to an end.

WE are done running.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Reports coming through that Prince Harry was the trigger man.....well my neighbour told me and she never lies to me...

Your neighbor is lying to you

He has returned to England and here is proof.

You can’t keep a good party animal down: Prince Harry was at it again on the weekend. Back from his latest gig in Afghanistan, he hit a London hot spot Friday night. The British papers had a lot of detail, none of it scandalous.

He was out with his cousin Princess Beatrice and a couple of minor British TV celebs at Bodo’s Schloss, a resto-disco owned by his pal Thomas van Straubenzee. He bought a round of shots for the house, flirted with Ashley Roberts of the Pussycat Dolls, was in a good mood and kept his clothes on.

www.montrealgazette.com...

The article is a couple weeks old.

As i have been reminded on several occasions now that this is a conspiracy site and any posts or threads that are not of a conspiracy nature will not be tolerated so i thought there was no better time to start one, but what if Harry did Kills some kids, do you think we would get to hear about it....

Ps, I'm in shock and awe that Harry managed to keep his undercrackers on.......what is the world coming to when your third in line to the throne goes out on the batter and doesn't clime scaffolding to retrieve a girls party balloon...

edit on 3-3-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
For gods sake, these pathetic slime that love to dominate their women and have no regard for their families compared to their pretending friend allah and his hopeless prophet mohamid (sp not even important to be correct to me) hide amongst their women and children to shoot at the allied troops. It's no wonder that innocents are getting killed. Actually it's kudos to our troops for keeping the innocent casualties so low.

How about getting off their backs and supporting them.

Try and use your puny minds to think back to why they went into Afgo in the first place. There was a tyranical group of cowards who found it fun to brutalise and disfigure their women, ban even the smallest of enjoyment eg dancing and singing etc. And were so up themselves that they ruled by fear and intimidation. These same cowards hide behind the skirts of their wives, daughters and sisters, slithering out to take a shot at an anemy then cower back under the skirts again.

How pathetic are these people and anyone who supports them. Wake up and stop defending them

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I fully agree that Western Forces and particularly, NATO forces, love their standoff and longer range weapons. Drones, Rockets, Bombs ..... Just about anything that allows the killing of others with little risk of numbers to report on casualties back home.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but that's the whole idea of combat. You kill as many of the enemy and keep as many of your guys alive.

Pretty cowardly and chicken crap, if anyone asks me.

Spend some time in the beaten zone, or getting rocketed, and then maybe you'll have room to talk.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

Explanation: Uhmmm?

Try and use your puny minds to think back to why they went into Afgo in the first place. There was a tyranical group of cowards who found it fun to brutalise and disfigure their women, ban even the smallest of enjoyment eg dancing and singing etc. And were so up themselves that they ruled by fear and intimidation. These same cowards hide behind the skirts of their wives, daughters and sisters, slithering out to take a shot at an anemy then cower back under the skirts again.

That may have been the story you were spoonfed by the MSM ... however the real truth as to why the USA and its allies went into Afghanistan was because the Taliban in Karbul refused to just hand over OBL after 9/11 happened without any PROOF and the USA said stfu and give us OBL.

Now due to muslim culture ... even though the Taliban may have wanted to give OBL up they REQUIRED some proof before handing him over unconditionally and the USA either was unwilling and or unable to provide such proof at that time and as a consequence the USA invaded Afghanistan.

Personal Disclosure: The above is just off the top of my head as I remember it and I have no sources to hand to qualify and back my position!

However I think history will prove the claims I make above, as the cause of the war, as well founded ok!

Please correct any errors I may have made on that issue,

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The War in Afghanistan is not related to Osama bin Laden or to terrorism or to freedom and democracy for Afghanistan or to secure civil rights for women in Afghanistan. It is related to geopolitical strategies for moving and controlling oil resources in Central Asia in competition with China.

It's a resource war being fought by people in the United States who go about business that way. Other issues that crowd the pages of newspapers in relation to this war are diversions meant to preoccupy ordinary citizens so that they don't think too deeply about what their governments are doing.

It is a virtual certainty that Osama bin Laden was in Pakistan on 9/11, in connection with kidney dialysis treatment received under the protection of his backers, the government of Pakistan and the CIA.

If CBS could figure it out, believe me, so could the US State Department.

9/11 was an inside job. The war in Afghanistan is a war of aggression related to oil resources.

All the other issues are cover stories and diversions.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I'm sorry, but that "If you weren't there, you can't say' crap carries about nothing with me. As for defending the move to remote control warfare, I hope you're feeling as determined and sure about that when the ONLY means enemies have to fight back in the future is terrorism. When Military is too hard to reach and they don't even show up on the battlefield anymore, it won't be a cowards way out to be a terrorist. In some ways, it'll be the only option left.

That's a bad place to go for MANY reasons, and that is just one consideration among many.

I'll also say point blank, if the nation isn't willing to see it's soldiers fight and die in the same level of combat that the enemy is forced to, the fight probably is NOT WORTH fighting in the first place.

I'm certainly not in agreement with C.E. on this thread for specifics, but in general terms, I do think we've been in Afghanistan about 11 years too long and this whole damn thing should have been done by Christmas of 2001. It almost WAS, too. Baby Bush just HAD to have a proper war with Marines and battles and all the rest of the crap. Letting the CIA team and Green Berets end this right then and there wasn't good enough for him. So two nations have had over a decade of war for nothing. (Not counting Iraq)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Right…”collateral damage”

Would you say the same thing about 3000 dead in 9/11 or Sandy hook tragedy.?

How many innocent being should be perish and murdered till US & co. and supporter of their murderous acts in 12 years finally admit their failure and lies and get lost FOREVER from the Middle East..?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

The video said they was under the age of 7. So what are they 5-6? How in the hell do they mistaken 5-6 year old kids as full grown armed men militants?? Sounds like another tragedy because of stupid quick snap judgments to draw weapons and shoot. They need to get better visuals and gain more intel.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

How many innocents has Extremists and terriosts around the world killed????

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
just because you choose to call it a conflict and not a war doesn't change the fact that it's a legally mandated combat engagement. you can argue and debate the legality of it all you want, but you CHOOSING to call it what you WANT doesn't change what it actually is.

You're using your own personal opinion to paint with a very, very broad brush. collateral damage happens.

Legally mandated? Hmmmm.

The UN and NATO are essentially state actors that provide cover for US actions around the world. A prime example of this was after 9/11 when US money-men made the rounds to foreign governments offering "compensation" for the upcoming US mass terrorism. Also note that the US Government is stating by word and deed (on a daily basis) that Wall Street and the Central Banksters are too-big-to-fail and too-big-to-prosecute.

Don't use the term "US Government" and "legally mandated" in the same sentence. Ever. Their actions have told us everything we need to know about their legitimacy and authority.

As far as what these military engagements are, the facts pretty much speak for themselves. This is state-sponsored terrorism. Nothing more, nothing less. Once you get past the cover provided by the mainstream media, it's not really a secret. The US and their pet poodle underlings are engaged in illegal aggressive wars and occupations. This meets the definition of crimes-against-humanity and crimes-against-the-peace.

It gets worse. Significant numbers of these troops have been mentally and socially broken. These same miscreants are showing up in positions of authority -- like our domestic police forces. Forces that will soon be arrayed against the US civilian population. We allowed this process to happen. What's coming next will be a national self-inflicted wound.

Ex-soldier talks about pimping out Iraqi child
www.youtube.com...

Mass butchering civilians
www.youtube.com...

Abu Ghraib
en.wikipedia.org...

US forces killing/torturing prisoners
rawstory.com...

Brave soldier kills puppy
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I hate to be the one who says this but the sad fact of war is that collateral damage does happen.

We can all debate until the end of time if the war, any war, is justified but we also have to accept as difficult as it may be and as much as we may disagree with the reasons for war that collateral damage is an evil inevitability. It is sad and heart-breaking but even with all of our technology so long as civilians are present in a theatre of war there will always be collateral damage no matter how advanced the technology may be. Furthermore when fighting an asymmetrical war where the enemy hides amounts civilian populations the risk of collateral damage is only multiplied. I think we often forget that, we presume that with our spectacular technology that such horrible accidents can never happen but the sad truth is that we can only ever minimise the risk not remove it.

80% or more of all killed in wars are civilians, and a large number, women and children, including with the drone attacks. This is not called collateral damage. This is called murder by our governments because they're absolutely evil.

www.worldrevolution.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is awful. And I agree with those who've said that some people in this country have been brainwashed into thinking far away peoples are not human. Children are killed in this country and ignorant people try to use it strip the populace of their rights. Children are killed in the far away and ignorant people consider it the cost of doing business.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
the phrase 'collateral damage' (when applied to human lives) is an obscenity. it lends an air of legitimacy to the wilful destruction of life.
the lexicon of war is endlessly creative and duplicitous.
edit on 4/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

[I'm sorry, but that "If you weren't there, you can't say' crap carries about nothing with me.

Well, when ATS Posters who've never been in combat try to tell me what it's like, they come off sounding like clownshoes. But that's your option, so keep on rockin' your bad self.

As for defending the move to remote control warfare, I hope you're feeling as determined and sure about that when the ONLY means enemies have to fight back in the future is terrorism. When Military is too hard to reach and they don't even show up on the battlefield anymore, it won't be a cowards way out to be a terrorist. In some ways, it'll be the only option left.

That's a bad place to go for MANY reasons, and that is just one consideration among many.

You're confusing terrorism with insurgency. There is a difference between the two.

I'll also say point blank, if the nation isn't willing to see it's soldiers fight and die in the same level of combat that the enemy is forced to, the fight probably is NOT WORTH fighting in the first place.

Once again, your lack of knowledge about the military is showing. You need to stay in your lane. Being in the military means I want to kill the enemy, break their crap, and do as much damage to them with as little or no damage or death done to me and my troops. That's the name of the game and the whole idea of an "equal playing field" is stupid.

I'm certainly not in agreement with C.E. on this thread for specifics, but in general terms, I do think we've been in Afghanistan about 11 years too long and this whole damn thing should have been done by Christmas of 2001. It almost WAS, too. Baby Bush just HAD to have a proper war with Marines and battles and all the rest of the crap. Letting the CIA team and Green Berets end this right then and there wasn't good enough for him. So two nations have had over a decade of war for nothing. (Not counting Iraq)

Gotta agree with that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
One for the supporters/war-mongers..

"They killed them gathering firewood over there before they had a chance to gather firewood OVER HERE!!"

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

yet you seem to be just fine with Hamas and the palestenian people sending their children of the same age in as suicide bombers...........

youve made plenty of excuses for that.........

I see hypocrisy...........

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join